What's new

Tobacquisitions October 2020

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
My Smoking Pipes order came a day early. Two Ropps, a Peterson Irish Made Army, and a pipe crafting book I might actually use some day. This was actually smaller than what I had originally planned. I took a couple of pipes out of the cart because I wasn't ready to spend that much. Good thing, too, because I was able to put that money towards a gun.

IMG_20201001_141105537.jpg

So, what goodies did you get?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
A little over a pound SG St. James Flake, pound Sutliff 507C Virginia, a sealed vintage tin of Navy Sweet Scotch Snuff, Sealed vintage tin of Red Seal Sweet Snuff, an empty vintage tin of Flying Dutchman, an Estate Sasieni 4 dot, Estate Savinelli de luxe Milano 413 and an ashtray which perfectly cradles two pipes.
20201003_164031.jpg

I didn't realize how sought after the Sasieni four dots were until I did a bit of research. I will be sending mine off for a replacement 4 dot stem as well as full restore. The stem was chewed straight through but the bowl and pipe itself is in excellent shape...I got it for $5!
View attachment 1164013
View attachment 1164014
Clean it up, put a softee on it and let us know how it smokes. 😂

It'll smoke it great. But by chance you don't like it, flip it before you out money on a replacement stem.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
It's alread
Clean it up, put a softee on it and let us know how it smokes. 😂

It'll smoke it great. But by chance you don't like it, flip it before you out money on a replacement stem.
It's already in a box for shipment 😁. Besides, even with the price of a restore and stem replacement I'd still be able to double my money on it given the current market.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
1. My old Peterson Prince - polished and cleaned
2. GBD bent Billiard - polished and cleaned

New to me:
3. GBD Panel 676
4. Haymarket panel (French likely Algerian briar)
5. Lambroley - St. Claude hand made Dublin shape also likely Algerian briar - truly beautiful pipe.
12184B07-BC93-4B23-B0D8-C7E88DB51715.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom