What's new

Tobacquisitions for April 2015

When I saw this one I couldn't help myself, fought it for about an hour and said to myself, "self, how often do you see grain like that?...
$Peterson-Flame-Grain-B11-smoking-pipe-1350-Peterson-1350-Alpascia-img-114603-w580-h243.jpg$Peterson-Flame-Grain-B11-smoking-pipe-1350-Peterson-1350-Alpascia-img-114604-w1024-h404-oY.jpg
$Peterson-Flame-Grain-B11-smoking-pipe-1350-Peterson-1350-Alpascia-img-114605-w1024-h407-oY.jpg$Peterson-Flame-Grain-B11-smoking-pipe-1350-Peterson-1350-Alpascia-img-114606-w1024-h399-oY.jpg
It's a Peterson B11 Flame Grain, some of the guys on YouTube have been getting the B10 shape a started "The B10 Bombers", but I can't wait to tell them mine goes up to eleven...
View attachment 561252

Sometimes a piece of briar gets turned into the exact pipe shape it was always meant to be. When that happens, the results are delightful.

Decided to take advantage of a couple sales at P&C...

- 100g Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired (x2)
- 50g Orlik Dark Strong Kentuky
- 2oz Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass
- 100g Reiner Long Golden Flake

Excellent! Lovely pipe. Would like to hear a morta review when you have time. I'm still not sure about them.

So far it's been an astounding smoke. It's almost like it doesn't need any break in time. Smoke cool and easy first bowl and then second one this morning. The wood is super lightweight... almost like real charcoal wood has no weight compared to it's size, that part was a bit surprising. I had a full sized meer on my radar for my next big pickup, I'm thinking I may get another morta instead at this point. Yeah, I like it that much. lol

A lot of sample and a box of 5Vegas Atomic robusto. I think I'm good for a while[emoji106].

Special thanks to Boris for the help.

$uploadfromtaptalk1427997561544.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1427997571362.jpg

Congrats on the pipe! I've been watching his ebay for a while after hearing about him through one of Andrew's you tube vids. I gave that one some serious consideration, but have been doing well restraining myself for another purchase. It's becoming more difficult with his latest offerings though.

My first morta finally arrived!
View attachment 561357

Congrats on the pipe! I've been watching his ebay for a while after hearing about him through one of Andrew's you tube vids. I gave that one some serious consideration, but have been doing well restraining myself for another purchase. It's becoming more difficult with his latest offerings though.

Yeah, I was tempted to turn right around and bid on another already, but the wallet veto'd that. lol

If you do pick up from him, be warned that the shipping form Italy can be painfully slow, and to do everything through ebay officially, in case Italian post loses the package.

More of a reacquisition, but I just got back a few pipes sent out to mark Tinsky for service. First was my christmas author- it lost its star in an unfortunate situation involving cement, a garage door and a baby stroller. Not a big deal, but I had mark reattach the star and fix a chip on the stem. Since I was sending that, I had him spruce up an old Chp-x freehand. Needed to be reamed, but it is a cone shaped bowl that I didn't want to mess up. Finally was an odd hand hewned chp-x that lost its dot. Mark added the missing copper dot and polished the stem. No major projects, but done quickly at a great price.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428173078.800556.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428173096.869877.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428173120.737241.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428173150.603274.jpg

Cash has been very short in recent years, so I have been watching any unnecessary spending, but I came into a little extra money so I treated myself to another bag of Missouri Meerschaum seconds and added a Country Gentleman to sweeten the pot. I hope to have them delivered early next week.

Cash has been very short in recent years, so I have been watching any unnecessary spending, but I came into a little extra money so I treated myself to another bag of Missouri Meerschaum seconds and added a Country Gentleman to sweeten the pot. I hope to have them delivered early next week.

Cool, what blend you going to smoke in them?

Top Bottom