What's new

Tobaccusitions August 2020

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
It's not time or cellar space for me...💰🤑💸💰🤑💸💳

I’ve pretty much run out of space. It goes back three jars per cubby.

06F6E818-B815-476B-B159-C2BDF9AFF189.jpeg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Has Jim Jinks ever smoked a tobacco that didn’t taste of molasses?
"The burley brings a lovely nutty, earthy, leathery smoothness while the Virginia is a secondary role player bringing a tangy, citrusy, hay like molasses." -- Every Jiminks review EVER, regardless of constituent leaf 🤣

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
What's funny with that one is people give it two stars despite liking it and say they will smoke more. I don't get it.

It's like the reviews on shopping sites, where people give it five stars, then say "I bought it for my husband, I think he'll love it". Full marks from someone who hasn't used it, and never will...

Or those that give one star, then say "I ordered the wrong size".

Dog facepalm.gif

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
"The burley brings a lovely nutty, earthy, leathery smoothness while the Virginia is a secondary role player bringing a tangy, citrusy, hay like molasses." -- Every Jiminks review EVER, regardless of constituent leaf 🤣

And yet, I find his reviews largely comforting and reassuring. ;)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
😱 You too! I believe he has reviewed every blend made. SOS. Too many reviews on TR are laughable.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
What's funny with that one is people give it two stars despite liking it and say they will smoke more. I don't get it.

Agreed. I’d be completely happy smoking nothing else for the rest of my life. Not my favorite smoke, but it’s always good, easy to smoke, and doesn’t disappoint. (But I give a slight edge to Mixture Flake over the ready rubbed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I’d be completely happy smoking nothing else for the rest of my life. Not my favorite smoke, but it’s always good, easy to smoke, and doesn’t disappoint. (But I give a slight edge to Mixture Flake over the ready rubbed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It comes in flakes?! Lol. Just always bought it bulk. One I can get local so get it from them.

It's like the reviews on shopping sites, where people give it five stars, then say "I bought it for my husband, I think he'll love it". Full marks from someone who hasn't used it, and never will...

Or those that give one star, then say "I ordered the wrong size".

View attachment 1145905
Or "fast shipping and great customer service, will order again". Thanks, that was helpful 🙄.

I saw a review of a shavette. "Used it once and cut my face all up. I thought this would be easy. Sent back, no stars!"

When it comes to reviewing tobaccos, I take the same approach I learned with whiskies (when I was reviewing). I will look to people I trust, rather than those who are so-called "experts" or, God forbid, "influencers".

I would sooner take a recommendation from one of you on this site, than from someone writing professionally. Not that I discount their credentials, but I am more likely to get something USEFUL here, than in a magazine.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
When it comes to reviewing tobaccos, I take the same approach I learned with whiskies (when I was reviewing). I will look to people I trust, rather than those who are so-called "experts" or, God forbid, "influencers".

I would sooner take a recommendation from one of you on this site, than from someone writing professionally. Not that I discount their credentials, but I am more likely to get something USEFUL here, than in a magazine.
That's more the approach I have taken as well. I trust the people on this site way more then others. Especially since being here I have come to understand pretty much everyone's tobacco preferences and how my tastes align with theirs. Once you get to know that about a group as diverse as this...you are golden.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I was reading reviews of Walnut and at least two reviewers said they could taste the Walnut. Amazing since the blend was named after Walnut Street where John Middleton’s shop was located.

Top Bottom