What's new

Tobaccusitions August 2020

Two ounces each of Watch City Persian Slipper and Blue Ridge Special.

proxy.php

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Eh, I've gone through more snus. Need to get back into my pipes and cigars. Still saving money somehow. Like wet shaving and fountainnpens save you money. Imirite? 😂 But this time I have proof.
You've gone through your snus! I thought that was a pretty large order...let me know when you put in another, maybe we can help one another out 😉

You've gone through your snus! I thought that was a pretty large order...let me know when you put in another, maybe we can help one another out 😉
That was a fresh one. I went through the one I placed in end of March. 😂 Probably be December when I need more unless the holiday season is worse than wedding season for work.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Stopped by the cigar shop on the way back from Costco. If the Mrs. puts 2&2 together, I will need my “disappearance” investigated gentleman.
View attachment 1145240

That’s funny, my friend who is a Whisky drinker saw the Double Oaked while we were in Nashville this past weekend and almost pulled the trigger, but her husband said $62.99 seemed kinda pricey. The regular Woodford is her favorite. I was tempted to get it for her on the sly but I wasn’t sure if there was more to the story I didn’t know with hubby saying no. I decided not to get in the middle of it!

You’ll have to let me know how it is so I can show her an honest review.

I know nearly all scotch's have gone up 25 % here. Haven't seen bourbon climb. I was looking forward to so Ardbeg or Laphroaig but said no when I saw it was it was up $65 instead of 45ish. I can get two bottles of 1792 for that!

That’s funny, my friend who is a Whisky drinker saw the Double Oaked while we were in Nashville this past weekend and almost pulled the trigger, but her husband said $62.99 seemed kinda pricey. The regular Woodford is her favorite. I was tempted to get it for her on the sly but I wasn’t sure if there was more to the story I didn’t know with hubby saying no. I decided not to get in the middle of it!

You’ll have to let me know how it is so I can show her an honest review.
Fine! But only in the name of a Science.
To be forthcoming, I would not consider myself a “bourbon guy”, I greatly enjoy it but it’s not my go to straight. With that said, the double oak is damn delicious! I’ve been drinking the Woodford Reserve for a long time so I knew what to expect, but a side by side Pepsi challenge was no contest. Many things in life I don’t understand the extra hoopla or $$, but this Double Oak is worth it. Just on the nose the smell is sweet and strong, so much that you can barely smell the WR at all. The same goes for the taste. With a name like Double Oak I thought I would be tasting something close to licking a wooden barrel, but it’s not. It’s sweet and I mean sweet. It reminds me of an aged rum (which is my favorite), lots of similar flavors, probably why I like it so much.
In full disclosure I enjoyed a couple strips of bacon just minutes before this tasting.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Fine! But only in the name of a Science.
To be forthcoming, I would not consider myself a “bourbon guy”, I greatly enjoy it but it’s not my go to straight. With that said, the double oak is damn delicious! I’ve been drinking the Woodford Reserve for a long time so I knew what to expect, but a side by side Pepsi challenge was no contest. Many things in life I don’t understand the extra hoopla or $$, but this Double Oak is worth it. Just on the nose the smell is sweet and strong, so much that you can barely smell the WR at all. The same goes for the taste. With a name like Double Oak I thought I would be tasting something close to licking a wooden barrel, but it’s not. It’s sweet and I mean sweet. It reminds me of an aged rum (which is my favorite), probably why I like it so much.
In full disclosure I enjoyed a couple strips of bacon just minutes before this tasting.

Dang it! Now I want to try it because I do enjoy a glass of sweet rum every now and then. Take it back! Take your review back!

Thanks for your thoughts. I’ll let her know and I’m sure they will have it in their cabinet sooner or later.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
I know nearly all scotch's have gone up 25 % here. Haven't seen bourbon climb. I was looking forward to so Ardbeg or Laphroaig but said no when I saw it was it was up $65 instead of 45ish. I can get two bottles of 1792 for that!

The liquor store was right downtown next to where we were staying at the Hyatt. I’m sure it was marked up a little since it’s basically a tourist area.

brandaves

Mail call today. Got some (2oz each):

CD Old Joe Krantz (blue)
MacBaren Scotch Mixture
D&R Rimboché A.P.
Interested in all three...I've had Scottish Mixture in my cart so many times and never pulled the trigger. Please let me know what you think of those blends.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Interested in all three...I've had Scottish Mixture in my cart so many times and never pulled the trigger. Please let me know what you think of those blends.

Will do. Will probably start with the Scottish Mixture first, possibly this weekend. Gonna let the Rimboché A.P. sit in a jar for a time and smoke the OJK shortly thereafter.

brandaves

Will do. Will probably start with the Scottish Mixture first, possibly this weekend. Gonna let the Rimboché A.P. sit in a jar for a time and smoke the OJK shortly thereafter.
I've heard a lot about D&R and know their tobacco buyers don't mess around when buying leaf. Interested to see how that goes as well.

Top Bottom