What's new

TJ Maxx find

Right it’s very hit and miss. Nothing much at my local TJMaxx other than some travel Proraso green tubs. I have yet to see any AoS products at my store that others have found. But it’s still fun to browse the racks every now and then. Wondering when or if my store will ever get razors. Would be cool to pick up a Merkur on the cheap.

yeah i have found that there is usually more at either burlington or marshalls than there is at tj maxx

Not a total loss. I also got a bar of triple milled bath soap from Portugal for $4.
For sure. I’ve picked up some triple milled bar soaps too. It’s fun to try new ones. Don’t recognize most of the brands but I did pick up a bar of Pre de Provence for $3.99 a little while ago.

Not a total loss. I also got a bar of triple milled bath soap from Portugal for $4.

That sounds like the Castelbel bergamot and tobacco I found there one day months ago.

It sat for awhile but now I’ve been using it for about the last six weeks. Have never seen it in the stores since then but it’s nice stuff.

Read the more recent posts here yesterday, so I decided to stop by the one close to the house on my way home from a short day of work. Glad I did. The big get was a Mühle R89 for TAOS, I got it for $20, and TAOS has it on there site for $70. Also found green and red proraso cream for $4 each. Not bad. To be honest I’m glad it wasn’t any better because that would have led to a conversation with the wife....

That sounds like a win!! It is always a little but of a crap shoot around my area, but it is fun when it works out. Some of the brands are a mystery. I have Men's Shave Co. balm that was 3.99 for a good sized jar. It works okay and is a good back up. Can't find any information on them at all.

Read the more recent posts here yesterday, so I decided to stop by the one close to the house on my way home from a short day of work. Glad I did. The big get was a Mühle R89 for TAOS, I got it for $20, and TAOS has it on there site for $70. Also found green and red proraso cream for $4 each. Not bad. To be honest I’m glad it wasn’t any better because that would have led to a conversation with the wife....
Dude I’m on probation at least until Father’s Day! 😆
But cool you have Muhle gear at your store.

That sounds like the Castelbel bergamot and tobacco I found there one day months ago.

It sat for awhile but now I’ve been using it for about the last six weeks. Have never seen it in the stores since then but it’s nice stuff.

Mine is the teakwood and amber.

Picked up 3 Pecksniff EDT offerings at TJ Max for $7.99 a pop (Classic/Professional/Charismatic). Just bought Charismatic as a stocking stuffer for my nephew and was blown away by that lime. Never tried this brand prior to Christmas, now have decided to pick up these for myself. Always walked past them but now can’t believe I missed out for so long. Professional is my favorite so far. These last all day.

In Marshall’s today and I picked up an AOS peppermint cream for $10 and Sandalwood and Cypress Intense Cologne for $14. Might sound sacrilegious on B&B but AOS products didn’t impress me in the least years ago but I’m open to second chances and I’m giving the peppermint cream a shot tomorrow. It smells great so that is a good start. I always did like AOS scents but they didn’t last long on my skin. A test fire of this sandalwood and cypress on my arm is still going strong after several hours so again, maybe something changed there. Only 30 ml but they had a 3 oz Citron Intense but didn’t want to blind buy a $40 fragrance at Marshall’s especially on a scent that might not last more than 2 hours.

Anybody try Citron Intense, any good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
I picked up a bottle of the Pecksniff Professional EDT (Lemon, Cedar, Amber) from Marshall's - $7.99. Really like it.

Last edited:
Picked up 3 Pecksniff EDT offerings at TJ Max for $7.99 a pop (Classic/Professional/Charismatic). Just bought Charismatic as a stocking stuffer for my nephew and was blown away by that lime. Never tried this brand prior to Christmas, now have decided to pick up these for myself. Always walked past them but now can’t believe I missed out for so long. Professional is my favorite so far. These last all day.

In Marshall’s today and I picked up an AOS peppermint cream for $10 and Sandalwood and Cypress Intense Cologne for $14. Might sound sacrilegious on B&B but AOS products didn’t impress me in the least years ago but I’m open to second chances and I’m giving the peppermint cream a shot tomorrow. It smells great so that is a good start. I always did like AOS scents but they didn’t last long on my skin. A test fire of this sandalwood and cypress on my arm is still going strong after several hours so again, maybe something changed there. Only 30 ml but they had a 3 oz Citron Intense but didn’t want to blind buy a $40 fragrance at Marshall’s especially on a scent that might not last more than 2 hours.

Anybody try Citron Intense, any good?
Got both. Sandalwood and Cypress has a strong green wood smell for about 30 minuted and dies down to an earthy spice all day.
The citron is great to. Has a crisp clean smell from start to finish all day for me.
Just keep an eye out for a smaller bottle. I doubt youd go through it fast enough to warrant the big one.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have the Pecksniff's Professional EDT with lemon, cedar, and amber. It is very inexpensive at around £5 for 100ml in a discount store. It has great longevity and smells a lot like Ralph Lauren Polo Green to me. Very nice for everyday wear and being an EDT it gives a great burn after shaving which I love. 😁

I’ve picked up the AOS Vetiver Citron as well as Sandalwood and Cypress. Both last a long time (6-8 hours) on my skin. I particularly like the vetiver for its fresh scent. Feels perfect just out of the shower.

Got both. Sandalwood and Cypress has a strong green wood smell for about 30 minuted and dies down to an earthy spice all day.
The citron is great to. Has a crisp clean smell from start to finish all day for me.
Just keep an eye out for a smaller bottle. I doubt youd go through it fast enough to warrant the big one.
+1

I find the Sandalwood & Cypress lasts a bit longer than the Vetiver Citron. Both receive compliments from the wife.

Went to another Burlington up by the Dayton Mall today, more for a pair of black Oxfords than anything else.

But I did go look at the men's grooming shelves too, naturally.

Scored another tube of Proraso blue for $2. But wait...what was that there? A razor! A Merkur! Price reduced to $5!

I wasn't sure exactly what model, as the clearance price sticker covered that information. I could see part of the head, but in my excitement I didn't look at the round window at the bottom of the box that would've revealed the tip of the handle.
20200104_170543.jpg
20200104_170624.jpg

Yep...a $5 Merkur 34C HD. A happy surprise for me when I opened the box out in the car.

Went to another Burlington up by the Dayton Mall today, more for a pair of black Oxfords than anything else.

But I did go look at the men's grooming shelves too, naturally.

Scored another tube of Proraso blue for $2. But wait...what was that there? A razor! A Merkur! Price reduced to $5!

I wasn't sure exactly what model, as the clearance price sticker covered that information. I could see part of the head, but in my excitement I didn't look at the round window at the bottom of the box that would've revealed the tip of the handle.
View attachment 1049724View attachment 1049725

Yep...a $5 Merkur 34C HD. A happy surprise for me when I opened the box out in the car.

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom