What's new

TJ Maxx find

My local Maxx has a clearance section in their men’s area but it’s kind of hidden. I’ve found Proraso tubs there before too. So you gotta hit the men’s, the women’s, the end caps and the clearance sections. All part of the fun [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes i guess i should have mentioned the clearance sections in all the stores in both the mens and womens depts .......

Tj-maxx had some new Pecksniff edt offerings today for $7.99, Blind bought these. Just terrific scents and wasn’t disappointed. “Individual” stated it has the notes of mandarin, clove leaf and neroli, but surprisingly had a very spicy, pepper scent. Great stuff and long lasting as always.

Needed a new travel razor so I picked up the Bevel clone for $8. Never tried one, maybe it will surprise me. Made in China and called the Jack Barber razor. If I saw a Mühle for $5, would’ve gotten that but no such luck.

I’m starting to get a Tj-maxx/Marshals/Ross addiction that I may have to kick soon. Worked in a different area today and looked these locations up on my way back home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
yes i guess i should have mentioned the clearance sections in all the stores in both the mens and womens depts .......

I purposefully omitted any reference to the clearance shelves. This is what is known in military circles as "operational security".

In fact, the existence of clearance shelves is officially declared a humbug.

So... that Ted Baker soap we discussed earlier: The original price is $14. TJ Maxx price is usually $7.99. Today, I found it for $3.00 and decided to buy it. Nice metal can with a wrapped white puck inside. Here are some pictures:

IMG_2101.JPGIMG_2102.jpgIMG_2103.JPG

The scent is strong and very flowery - Rose, Pelargonium, Geranium with perhaps a touch of menthol. Lathers easily with a synthetic tuxedo brush (soft tips, solid backbone). Did not shave with it, but the lather seemed promising and smelled great if you like "perfumey" soaps. For $3 I think this is a no brainer. Made in the UK, but I don't know who actually makes it for Ted Baker.

So... that Ted Baker soap we discussed earlier: The original price is $14. TJ Maxx price is usually $7.99. Today, I found it for $3.00 and decided to buy it. Nice metal can with a wrapped white puck inside. Here are some pictures:

View attachment 1057314View attachment 1057315View attachment 1057316

The scent is strong and very flowery - Rose, Pelargonium, Geranium with perhaps a touch of menthol. Lathers easily with a synthetic tuxedo brush (soft tips, solid backbone). Did not shave with it, but the lather seemed promising and smelled great if you like "perfumey" soaps. For $3 I think this is a no brainer. Made in the UK, but I don't know who actually makes it for Ted Baker.

Would totally give that a try for $3. Curious to hear your post-shave review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 1057314View attachment 1057315View attachment 1057316

The last store I went to had Ted Baker Cu cologne that looked really cool in a copper bottle. Has anyone tried that? I

I purposefully omitted any reference to the clearance shelves. This is what is known in military circles as "operational security".

In fact, the existence of clearance shelves is officially declared a humbug.

I had left it out too until mrbeez mentioned it !!!!

Quick review of the Ted Baker soap: quite hard, but lathers easily. I used a Fendrihan Professional Boar for this. The brush was on the dry side at first. Created just enough lather for three passes with my 1941 Schick Injector "E". It's not the best, certainly not the worst. The soap does the job although it's not too slippery (I added few more drops of water later and that helped some). The main reason for trying it is that unique flowery scent that is very pleasant. If you find it cheap, give it a try.

Re-visited a TJ Maxx yesterday and found The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe shave cream with a brush for $15, also a bottle of Pecksniffs Classic for $7. I need to stay away from these places for a while. My wife is starting to give me that look. Last week she discovered my closet stash of shaving soap. She just looked and me and said "You have backup soap?". If she only knew.

Re-visited a TJ Maxx yesterday and found The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe shave cream with a brush for $15, also a bottle of Pecksniffs Classic for $7. I need to stay away from these places for a while. My wife is starting to give me that look. Last week she discovered my closet stash of shaving soap. She just looked and me and said "You have backup soap?". If she only knew.

Life was a lot simpler when shaving related weekend "search and destroy" missions were the sole province of disappointing antiques malls and browsing ebay/etsy.

Now? When every store in this thread houses a potential Merkur or Muhle razor for $5 and the possibility of some Proraso red for $3 a tube?

It is like a gambling addiction.

Was at Marshall's near me & they had 5 - 6 tubes of red, white & green Proraso, & about the same number of tubs. They also had green preshave. That's the most I've found at any Marshalls or TJ Maxx. They also had a few razors & brushes. I didn't buy anything, I just wanted to see if they had anything. If they would have had some green or red aftershave, I would have been walking out with some.

Top Bottom