What's new

TJ Maxx find

Made my first visit to TJ the other day. Picked up this set for $4. Smelled nice in the store but when I used it the cedar scent was too strong for me. May become a PIF in the future. I'll be checking in periodically.

Attachments

• Haul 1 21 20.jpg
    Haul 1 21 20.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 26
Made my first visit to TJ the other day. Picked up this set for $4. Smelled nice in the store but when I used it the cedar scent was too strong for me. May become a PIF in the future. I'll be checking in periodically.

All of their EDTs are great. Like Professional EDT the best.

Thou shall not teaseth oh young Padawan ,,,

<raspberry> I got my r89 from marshalls for $ 3.00 (i got 2 also)

< teasing> and a 106 from Marshalls for $ 5.00

<nah nah nah na nah na> and AOS lavender WITH wood bowl From Burlington for $1.99

when someone else hath beaten thee with better deals...........

This early afternoon I finished canvassing these kind of stores in most of the greater-Columbus area. Two Marshalls and a T.J. Maxx.

Got a metal tube of "Weirdy Beardy" shave cream for $3 at a "Home Goods" attached to a Marshalls near Easton Mall. Their website in Australia sells it for $36 a tube (!!??)...before shipping. There are virtually no reviews for this I can find.
20200126_150557.jpg

Next stop was the Maxx, at the other end of same strip mall. They had a $35 black-handled Muhle, which I didn't consider all that great a deal.

So I went to one last Marshalls down the road. Here I found a $20 Muhle R89. I decided to get it, as I do not have any Muhle razors.
20200126_150800.jpg

No, not a $5 wonder deal, unfortunately. But not too shabby. Guess I'll wait a few months for inventory to change before looking at these stores again.

Just stopping by to show my appreciation for this thread. I hit 2 Marshall's today and came away with 3 AoS Shave creams (Bergamont & Neroli) for 10 bucks each and the Vetiver Citron cologne for 15. Theres quite a few more stores in my area so I'll definitely be checking them out! Thanks for the tip off!

This early afternoon I finished canvassing these kind of stores in most of the greater-Columbus area. Two Marshalls and a T.J. Maxx.

Got a metal tube of "Weirdy Beardy" shave cream for $3 at a "Home Goods" attached to a Marshalls near Easton Mall. Their website in Australia sells it for $36 a tube (!!??)...before shipping. There are virtually no reviews for this I can find.
View attachment 1056534
Next stop was the Maxx, at the other end of same strip mall. They had a $35 black-handled Muhle, which I didn't consider all that great a deal.

So I went to one last Marshalls down the road. Here I found a $20 Muhle R89. I decided to get it, as I do not have any Muhle razors.
View attachment 1056535
No, not a $5 wonder deal, unfortunately. But not too shabby. Guess I'll wait a few months for inventory to change before looking at these stores again.
they get new inventory weekly just so you know and the good stuff gets picked quickly i was at a marshalls home goods recently and didnt look on the home goods half of the store, i guess i should have.. oh well i will probably be there sometime next week and i will check there then. last time that marshalls had a soap + bowl+ brush+ stand + a cartridge razor for 5 dollars i think. also of note thats where i found the 3 dollar r89... maybe they will have some other stuff next time im there....

View attachment 1056534

View attachment 1056535
I have seen these for $20 in about 80% of the stores I've checked. Good deal if someone is looking for one.

30 minute wait for all you can eat sushi tonight so walked over to the Maxx at other end of plaza. They actually had that muhle razor marked to $15! They had aos sandalwood oil for $3 and aos bergamot and neroli for $10. When I look at the ingredients for aos none of it really appeals to me though. I smelled the oil and didn't smell very good. Also first ingredient was water. Now, time for sushi!

Ok so stopped by the store and picked up what I now know is their styptic gel for $3. Will try it next time I nick myself.

Also picked up a tub of the white soap for only $1. It’s the least appealing of their scents to me, but hey, for only a buck I’ll try it. I’m sure the performance will be on par with their other soaps and creams.

Honestly, if you’re happy with the performance from the Proraso line, which I am totally fine with, you can seriously stock up for cheap at places like TJ Maxx, Marshal’s, and Burlington. Now, when are they going to make a tub of soap and an after shave for the Blue?! [emoji16]

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok well finally nicked myself for the first time since I picked up the Proraso styptic gel. Perfect opportunity to use it for the first time. Man was that stuff hard to squeeze out of the tube. Is it supposed to be that hard? Anyway eventually had a ball of it on my finger and dabbed the nick. Yes this stuff does the trick! No more walking around with tissue stuck to my face to stop the bleeding. I’m going to try putting the tube in hot water for a while cos I think the stuff is drying up maybe.

Ok well finally nicked myself for the first time since I picked up the Proraso styptic gel. Perfect opportunity to use it for the first time. Man was that stuff hard to squeeze out of the tube. Is it supposed to be that hard? Anyway eventually had a ball of it on my finger and dabbed the nick. Yes this stuff does the trick! No more walking around with tissue stuck to my face to stop the bleeding. I’m going to try putting the tube in hot water for a while cos I think the stuff is drying up maybe.

Saw that same gel and the white tub tonight when I went. I agree white doesn't smell that good and it was $4 I think at this store. Definitely a good place for proraso stuff if you look around. Would like to find some other their aftershave or cologne.

Saw that same gel and the white tub tonight when I went. I agree white doesn't smell that good and it was $4 I think at this store. Definitely a good place for proraso stuff if you look around. Would like to find some other their aftershave or cologne.

Ya would be fantastic if I saw either their green or red splashes but never seen them there. But the white tub for only a buck was great. Still need to do a proper shave with it.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef

View attachment 1056534

View attachment 1056535

If you are new to DE razors and happen across one of these I HIGHLY recommend dropping $20 on it. Muhle r89 head. The handle is a tad slippy slidey and it is unfortunate that knurling was not a consideration. Otherwise it could easily be a daily driver and one could stop right here without falling into any bunny holes.

If you are new to DE razors and happen across one of these I HIGHLY recommend dropping $20 on it. Muhle r89 head. The handle is a tad slippy slidey and it is unfortunate that knurling was not a consideration. Otherwise it could easily be a daily driver and one could stop right here without falling into any bunny holes.

Just shaved with that one 20 minutes ago. Shark Super Chrome. Cremo Creme original.

Pretty good.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

EJ and Muhle handles are pretty but not practical. Too small, too light, not enough grip. I mostly change them out for Stainless handles. Except for the R89 Grande... that handle is excellent.

The R89 is a score for $20. Did someone post they got one for $3? I’m gonna have to hit the stores asap!

EJ and Muhle handles are pretty but not practical. Too small, too light, not enough grip. I mostly change them out for Stainless handles. Except for the R89 Grande... that handle is excellent.

The R89 is a score for $20. Did someone post they got one for $3? I’m gonna have to hit the stores asap!
Saw one for $15 last night. Always see them for $20. They mark them down the longer they are on the shelf I think.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I do count Cremo Cream. But not beard oil or wax. Beard wax? Why? Why would you want beard wax? You aren't Hannibal, crossing the Appenines in Spain with elephants. You are a civilized man living in the 21st Century.
Can't stop laughing.

Yes I bought 2 R89 for 3 a piece and a 106 for 5 dollars at Marshall and an AOS lavender with wood bowl for 1.99 at Burlington....

Scored again today at lunch at another Marshalls. Grabbed a tub of the AoS Eucalyptus and the tube of Proraso styptic gel for 11 beans. You definitely need to check the beauty products section as well as the mens shaving section. I found the soap buried under a bunch of skin cream. The shelves in these places are chaos!

Im hitting Burlington and TJ Maxx on my way home from work. Still searching for the elusive Muhle DE.

Scored again today at lunch at another Marshalls. Grabbed a tub of the AoS Eucalyptus and the tube of Proraso styptic gel for 11 beans. You definitely need to check the beauty products section as well as the mens shaving section. I found the soap buried under a bunch of skin cream. The shelves in these places are chaos!

Im hitting Burlington and TJ Maxx on my way home from work. Still searching for the elusive Muhle DE.
Keep up the search I'm sure you will find one.. And make sure you check the end caps too they sometimes hang them up. I found one that I didnt get mixed in with the disposable razors...

Keep up the search I'm sure you will find one.. And make sure you check the end caps too they sometimes hang them up. I found one that I didnt get mixed in with the disposable razors...

My local Maxx has a clearance section in their men’s area but it’s kind of hidden. I’ve found Proraso tubs there before too. So you gotta hit the men’s, the women’s, the end caps and the clearance sections. All part of the fun [emoji16]

Top Bottom