What's new

Titanium Handle - Yes or No?

Seems kinda cool to have just a slight less weight, which for some might be a drawback? What's your experience? Is there any other drawbacks combining a titanium handle with SS head & base plate?

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Seems kinda cool to have just a slight less weight, which for some might be a drawback? What's your experience? Is there any other drawbacks combining titanium with SS head & base plate?
Many enjoy a Ti handle, and there’s no metallurgical problem with combining them. It comes down to weight and aesthetics, I suppose.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I used to use a thicker and heavier handle on the gc84 than the original radio knob, but I didn't like this change.

In the end, I changed to ti handle and got a more balanced and delicate operation.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ti, Ti, Ti, Ti! 🤣

full

Good enough for space capsules. Good enough for you!

AA

I only have one Titanium handle from a Timeless and haven't yet tried it with a stainless head. It's odd the first time I held it thinking this is far too light for how substantial this is. I've always enjoyed heavier razors, but I might be changing my mind.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I am partial to a heavy stainless handle, letting gravity apply the pressure. The Above the Tie Kronos handle is my sweet spot.

I have 12 ti handles, most are paired with a Ti head, a couple I have paired with SS heads and I enjoy the head being more top heavy. I have had no issues with my Ti handles scratching.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have only a few titanium handles but they seem to all pair very nicely with steel heads.

8-26-21.WR2.AluminumHollowHandle.EVO.Vitos.640.JPG

As does this super lightweight, hollow aluminum handle made by talented member.​

Happy shaves,

Jim

Reactions: Cal

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
DSC00288.JPG

I've just got this one - I like the balance with the lighter handle on a heavy headed razor. I've considered one for my Timeless but their offerings in TI are too long for my taste. The one pictured was cut to my spec ...

My Blackland Ti came here and I hardly ever use stainless anymore. Like the lighter feel and being in control

Top Bottom