What's new

Timeless Tuesdays!

Random question I couldn't really find a better place for - can anyone recommend an inexpensive inkwell stand that works well with the Timeless Crown handles?
Sadly none
besides making one like above ?

but do they ever have them on their scratch dent ? I do love the way the base is small in diameter but its so stable so the actual one from them might be a buy once cry once deal :)

do love the shape though :)

44819090-58B8-48F0-AA8C-BB905EDE6FD3.jpeg

Sadly none
besides making one like above ?

but do they ever have them on their scratch dent ? I do love the way the base is small in diameter but its so stable so the actual one from them might be a buy once cry once deal :)

do love the shape though :)

View attachment 1523555
I agree. Of my 3 premium razor stands (Timeless, Rex and Blackland) I much prefer Timeles. Even the logo on the bottom of the stand is very well done.

I'm taking the plunge, myself.
SS (polished) .95 OC should hit my front porch tomorrow....

First shave with the Timeless .95 OC SS today, and the results are… not great. :-(

Got a nice, close shave from this razor, but at the expense of several weepers and a quite irritated neck post-shave. (its been a good long while since Ive given myself weepers like this)

This is only the first use, so I wont draw any definite conclusions until after a few more tries, but intital impressions are not great.

Positives? Fit and finish are top-notch, and the open comb design is very comfortable (best open-comb comfort Ive tried, to date. Slightly better than the FOCS, and lots better than Karve/Blackbird) Blade feel is there, but not too noticible, really.

I didnt maintain a steep angle, and that may be the root-cause of my woes? Used a fresh Nacet blade, which is my normal go-to.

206CC381-53B4-4754-8E5B-B6BFC9FF3BBA.jpeg

First shave with the Timeless .95 OC SS today, and the results are… not great. :-(

Got a nice, close shave from this razor, but at the expense of several weepers and a quite irritated neck post-shave. (its been a good long while since Ive given myself weepers like this)

This is only the first use, so I wont draw any definite conclusions until after a few more tries, but intital impressions are not great.

Positives? Fit and finish are top-notch, and the open comb design is very comfortable (best open-comb comfort Ive tried, to date. Slightly better than the FOCS, and lots better than Karve/Blackbird) Blade feel is there, but not too noticible, really.

I didnt maintain a steep angle, and that may be the root-cause of my woes? Used a fresh Nacet blade, which is my normal go-to.

View attachment 1523911
Give yourself some time to get used to your new razor. IIRC I haven't used a Nacet in this razor, perhaps it was the combo here to blame...?

It would be a shame if you don't manage to make it work for you. It might happen, though. But I would say that you should not give up too quickly...

That's a beautiful picture, btw. 😀

View attachment 1523911
She’s a real looker! For what it’s worth, my angle with the Ti .95 OC is somewhere between neutral and riding the bar and I use a really light touch. I’m just gliding along and not even feeling it cut. Good luck!

View attachment 1523911
Congrats on that gorgeous razor sir! I was in the same boat as you.
My advice is do a good face lather with cold water rinse before first pass lathering. Like a preshave.
Use cold water only if you rinse between passes. Then warm shower, witch hazel, balm/moisturizer.
I also go steep, steep as possible with no pressure. Like I’m trying to do passes where the blade isn’t even touching me it seems. This is my new daily session and I hope you find yours with this razor. Great luck!

Congrats on that gorgeous razor sir! I was in the same boat as you.
My advice is do a good face lather with cold water rinse before first pass lathering. Like a preshave.
Use cold water only if you rinse between passes. Then warm shower, witch hazel, balm/moisturizer.
I also go steep, steep as possible with no pressure. Like I’m trying to do passes where the blade isn’t even touching me it seems. This is my new daily session and I hope you find yours with this razor. Great luck!
my routine is the opposite: nice hot shower first, and no rinsing between passes. But hey - Ill try anything. Thanks for the suggestion

For what it’s worth, my angle with the Ti .95 OC is somewhere between neutral and riding the bar and I use a really light touch. I’m just gliding along and not even feeling it cut. Good luck!
2nd shave with the .95 OC this am...
MUCH BETTER.

Used a very light touch. That made all the difference.
Not quite as close of a shave as I usually like,
but it does now seem that I can get there with this razor.

Thanks for everyone's insight.

Timeless .68 and a Permasharp today on 2nd use :)
brush RV Muhle STF

still doing my back and forth with the Wolfman .95 to see which one I like more hoping I can narrow that down and just have the one but again they are so close
going to go through my top blades with each 3x and making notes

img_6134-jpg.1524896

Top Bottom