What's new

Timeless Tuesdays!

20220502_104115.jpg

Had my shave with the Timeless Bronze using a .38 plate for the first time in ages yesterday, used a fresh Personna lab blue, lathered up with Stirling Tangerine soap and was actually pleasantly surprised. I had to remind myself with the shave prior that the .78 OC is, shall we say, not quite what I'm after in a razor. The .38 plate however was amazingly more efficient and comfortable than I had remembered it being. Normally I'm not a fan of lower gapped razors because they tend to be mild and don't keep my growth down enough without me practically having a hermit beard by the next shave a couple days later but 12 or so hours later and still feel freshly shaved. Could be I was too hasty to judge this razor the last time I had it but time will tell, very happy with it this time around so far.

1661880698104.png

First time using the Timeless Ti95 since I got The Blackbird

full

It's interesting to compare the two, I find the shaves completely different. I don't notice much on the WTG pass, but ATG is where the Timeless is smoother IMHO. It seems to be a combination of the more substantial safety bar and having half the blade exposure! It really glides nice on all passes and that's what keeps it in my rotation. DFS+(8/10)

If I am being honest, the shave is closer with The Bird and the shave faster with The Timeless. For the same level of facial disruption, a one on my scale. The Timeless could get as close with a sharper blade at the cost of some facial discomfort. I prefer to stick with the medium sharpness blades and keep the inflammation low.

View attachment 1490503

I had the debut shave with my new .95 open comb plate today. A very promising start. Very smooth, quite efficient. Very comfortable.
That's the level of comfort I hope to achieve with the Slim .50 OC on a regular basis one day, too.

Happy Tuesday!
Gorgeous photo.

I'm taking the plunge, myself.
SS (polished) .95 OC should hit my front porch tomorrow....

Gorgeous photo.

I'm taking the plunge, myself.
SS (polished) .95 OC should hit my front porch tomorrow....
Thanks 😀

The .95 OC is a highly satisfying shaving tool. Keeping my fingers crossed you'll like it. I have no doubts you won’t.

Random question I couldn't really find a better place for - can anyone recommend an inexpensive inkwell stand that works well with the Timeless Crown handles?

Top Bottom