What's new

Timeless Ti68 first impressions

Timeless Ti68, scalloped bar, smooth topcap. Figured the handle had enough striations! Didn't need stripes on top too.

full

The brush is olive wood, from Jerusalem. Synth knot I threw on there.

full

AA
B-E-A-U-TIFUL!

Really good match with the head and handle too! Glad you're enjoying that beautiful, functional work of art!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Have you all seen that Timeless sell 'scratch and dent' parts? A Ti razor can be had for less $250 done that way (including handle and stand).

I'm the same as Olegausany, not sure whether to get the stainless steel or the titanium .68, there will hopefully be some comparison reviews coming............or perhaps I should get both!!!

Andy.

I have the .95 scalloped in both SS and Ti, and for me the biggest difference is the weight and how it changes my technique. With SS I let the weight of the razor do the work, whereas with the Ti I need to use a little pressure to get the same shave. This is a small difference, but it makes it a little harder to switch back and forth between the two materials.

Have you all seen that Timeless sell 'scratch and dent' parts? A Ti razor can be had for less $250 done that way (including handle and stand).

Keep an eye on some of the BST's in a few forums... You'd be surprised at the price of Timeless items sometimes. My Titanium came with both .68 and .95 SB plates and was $200 /shipped total. I sold the .68 plate for $75 so that would make my Ti95SB set up $125 /shipped!! My SS95DC Polished was $200 shipped. You just have to keep an eye out for them.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Thanks, all, and hope the info helps anyone thinking Timeless.

Yes, lots of folks have done their scratch and dent.

My handle actually was the cheapest part! But took the longest to come from Rooshia.

AA

Keep an eye on some of the BST's in a few forums... You'd be surprised at the price of Timeless items sometimes. My Titanium came with both .68 and .95 SB plates and was $200 /shipped total. I sold the .68 plate for $75 so that would make my Ti95SB set up $125 /shipped!! My SS95DC Polished was $200 shipped. You just have to keep an eye out for them.
That's a seriously good price!
I've been looking at a Blackland Blackbird if I'm honest! The Timeless do look good though [emoji3]

Do you use anything other than your Ti these days?

Edit: Do you have the scalloped or smooth cap?

I have the .95 scalloped in both SS and Ti, and for me the biggest difference is the weight and how it changes my technique. With SS I let the weight of the razor do the work, whereas with the Ti I need to use a little pressure to get the same shave. This is a small difference, but it makes it a little harder to switch back and forth between the two materials.
Thank you for that, now it looks like the choice is down to price and which I think is the "prettiest"!!

Andy

Timeless Ti68, scalloped bar, smooth topcap. Figured the handle had enough striations! Didn't need stripes on top too.

full

The brush is olive wood, from Jerusalem. Synth knot I threw on there.

full

AA
I ordered the same handle, but I asked for blue. I don't like the needle seat and I changed the other base. The cutter head is hesitating. 68 ti sb sc oc?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I ordered the same handle, but I asked for blue. I don't like the needle seat and I changed the other base. The cutter head is hesitating. 68 ti sb sc oc?
This would be titanium, .68 blade gap, scalloped bar...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Three full passes today, and the shaves are so comfortable …. I'm trying to figure exactly what are the drawbacks of a mild razor!

Whether it's the Ti or the gap, this is the smoothest ride ever. Cuts or rash seem impossible.

I have seen with too-mild razors, a 5 o'clock shadow thing going on, but not this time. I do use some pressure and that might be why this works for me.

ATG shaves are amazing! and for some reason that counts. If I don't have an ATG shave, I don't feel clean-shaven. Cannot do THAT easily with R41 and it's friends.

AA

I do use some pressure and that might be why this works for me.
You're not the only one that does this. It's mostly due to the weight of the Ti model... Most just feel they need to use some pressure and the best thing is you can actually get away with it!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You're not the only one that does this. It's mostly due to the weight of the Ti model... Most just feel they need to use some pressure and the best thing is you can actually get away with it!!

It's odd but wonderful. Best ATG ever.

Yes; the lightweight head leads to pretty good balance.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Enjoying a second week of titanium shaves, and was struck by an idea ... A 100-year old Gillette idea.

I unscrewed the head about a quarter turn, and the Ti68 head went from mild to wild! A much more aggressive shave is the result, for anyone who doesn't know this trick. Ridiculously close, two weepers prove it! So. It's an adjustable!

A mild head can be made to shave closer, but one that's already mean .. don't do it.

AA

I got OC one but it is too aggressive for my sensitive skin this is why I am debating whether Ti .68 will make big difference
Is your OC the 0.68 or 0.95?

I originally got the SS 0.68 OC and it's awesome. Wanted to step it up, I then got the SS 0.95 OC and it was too much for daily shaving for me, so sold it. Then got the urge again and got the Ti 0.95 SB and it's also awesome. For me, there were options at both blade gaps that worked well .

Is your OC the 0.68 or 0.95?

I originally got the SS 0.68 OC and it's awesome. Wanted to step it up, I then got the SS 0.95 OC and it was too much for daily shaving for me, so sold it. Then got the urge again and got the Ti 0.95 SB and it's also awesome. For me, there were options at both blade gaps that worked well .
It's Bronze OC .78 but I have Bronze SB .38 and scalloped SS .68oon its way to me so i will see how it goes

Top Bottom