What's new

Timeless Ti68 first impressions

Ad Astra

The Instigator
(Setting sun. Cue Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit")
"An' for you, man, the worm has definitely turned."

All right. Just put the Timeless titanium scalloped head on the Russian custom handle for an all titanium rocket ride.

An absolute beauty .. I personally love the gray lustre of this space age metal.

The weight is absolutely perfect, hitting around that 75 gram spot that just feels best.

Fired up some Tabac - what else? - and stuck a new Dorco Prime, my baseline blade, in there. Started shaving on a 30-hour beard.

Oh no! Dang, it's too mild.... Well. Can get the .95 next month.

Then I noticed how smooth it was. Did I mistake titanium smooth for mild performance?

Second pass. Not getting anything. There's nothing TO get! Ahhhhh. The light starts to turn on.

Third half pass on neck, then ATG buffing. I start smiling. It is EFFICIENT. It is unbelievably SMOOTH. You can shave all day with this thing!

Rinse. Check. Face is like glass.

Is it mild? Yes.

Smooth? Nothing like it in my 4-box collection! Titanium is insanely smooth.

Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough. Something here has changed!

AA

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I hear lots about Timeless razors but I know nothing about them. I will have to do some research.

Congrats on the outstanding decision you made and may you be blessed with a lifetime of absolutely perfect shaves... I used my Ti95SB this morning on 4 days growth and 2 passed later it was no more and here I sit 12 hrs later and still BBS!! It don't get no better!!

Great rundown! I personally prefer the .95 TI SB for daily shaves as the .68 is indeed mild. But it’s nonetheless capable of giving BBS without irritation. And there is nothing smoother than the .68 in my opinion. Get yourself the .95 next and you’ll have absolutely all the bases covered. Congratulations!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, the one shave WAS an eye-opener. Though mild, there's no argument with a perfectly smooth face...

I would tell you I prefer an aggressive razor, and I generally do. But I can shave with anything, and some mornings I'm really not up to stunt-shaving with R41 or a single Ring ...

This Ti68 excels at buffing, which was mentioned in the other thread. For me, it also works well against the grain ... Which aggressive razors tend to rash.

Titanium just has the greatest feel, too.

Oddly, I really wanted the bronze Timeless, but when I got this custom Ti handle, it needed a Ti top...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Congrats on the outstanding decision you made and may you be blessed with a lifetime of absolutely perfect shaves... I used my Ti95SB this morning on 4 days growth and 2 passed later it was no more and here I sit 12 hrs later and still BBS!! It don't get no better!!
Thank you for the kind words and wishes! Ti is magic.

AA

I'm still debating if I should get Timeless .68 and very curious how noticeable difference between SS and Ti would be but I have Bronze OC and it is definitely agressive so those who feel that .68 is mild but .95 is aggressive should definitely try the Bronze which unfortunately not for my sensitive skin. I managed to get a shave with no irritation and some razorburn
Also not sure if I should consider Ti OC/scalloped combo plate

Cool review, but...
proxy.php

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Timeless Ti68, scalloped bar, smooth topcap. Figured the handle had enough striations! Didn't need stripes on top too.

full

The brush is olive wood, from Jerusalem. Synth knot I threw on there.

full

AA

That is a beautiful set up!!

I'm the same as Olegausany, not sure whether to get the stainless steel or the titanium .68, there will hopefully be some comparison reviews coming............or perhaps I should get both!!!

Andy.

Great choice! The .68 is incredibly smooth, almost magical.
The price is hefty and sometimes I feel a bit guilty about it, but then I remind myself that I used to spend more on video game consoles that only lasted 3-5 years.

BTW someone mentioned the Ti.68 is a buffing razor. Not sure I'd agree since the razor is so efficient it removes any traces of lather :D

Top Bottom