What's new

Timeless safety razor

These razors are beautiful. If I was ever to invest in a timeless in the future, where is the best place to buy? And how is the shaving experience with these razors? What is the best material as well, titanium, stainless, bronze etc.

BST, also wait for the 15% and 20% off eBay days, Timeless sells their razors on there as well. I got both my boys Bronze razors after being patient for those.

I have the .95 stainless OC and have to admit, I like both the shave and looks of the Bronze better. The Bronze SB is a lot lower in price also. YMMV.

This is the one I was thinking for next year. TRBR38: Timeless BRONZE SOLID BAR Safety Razor: 0.38 mm Blade Gap. Good price. I don't know how the shave will be!

Attachments

• rs=w-600,h-600.jpg
    rs=w-600,h-600.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 33
That is what I got my boys. I shaved with one on only one occasion. I got basically a BBS shave with a Kai blade only going WTG on pass 1. A little cleanup and I was done. That was the first and only shave with it. Only other razor that will do that for me is my Fendrihan Mark II, also with a Kai blade.

I mentioned here before that I almost regretted not getting a Bronze SB for myself. I love my stainless OC, don’t get me wrong but the Bronze is just amazing. Can’t justify buying a third and I’m not going to sell my stainless OC.

I don't know what's with me and US branded safety razors, anyway the bronze looks great! I will have to invest in the future. I would never get rid of my stainless, I have a thing for adjustables, no regrets! I'm happy the way things are going. Another razor, well though it's beautiful, how will it perform on my face. Adjustables just seem to work well with me! And non aggressive razors work well also. This one says it's aggressive, also can work well on sensitive skin from what I remember I read!

Has anyone directly compared the Bronze .78 OC and the SS .95 OC? I have a .95 OC coming but who knows if a Bronze is on the horizon....

Just to post a different opinion, of all three Timeless I like my Titanium best. It is a lighter razor with the same head design and rigid blade as the Stainless.

This is the one I was thinking for next year. TRBR38: Timeless BRONZE SOLID BAR Safety Razor: 0.38 mm Blade Gap. Good price. I don't know how the shave will be!
Can't say how the shave will be for you but as of now it's my favorite modern razor (yes I prefer it over the SS 95).

Has anyone directly compared the Bronze .78 OC and the SS .95 OC? I have a .95 OC coming but who knows if a Bronze is on the horizon....
I've seen a couple comparison reviews and while the BR78OC is as efficient as the SS95OC it wasn't near as smooth and most preferred the stainless or titanium...

I have a Ti95SB and a SS95DC and just can't make up my mind which one I like better but will point out the titanium just has a softer face feel to it, but I find them both to be equally smooth and efficient...

Those are the two Timeless razors I have. I find I get a closer, longer-lasting shave with the bronze. The bronze is also more likely to bite me than the stainless, but as I use it more often, I'm slowly taming it. I suspect I apply too much pressure with the bronze, as it has very little blade feel. I like the bronze better, even though I'm generally a blade-feel guy.

These razors are beautiful. If I was ever to invest in a timeless in the future, where is the best place to buy? And how is the shaving experience with these razors? What is the best material as well, titanium, stainless, bronze etc.

Steve, here is a detailed comparison I did between the SS and Ti versions. Buy directly from Timeless and not other retailers so that you can take advantage of an exchange if necessary.

Timeless Razor Review: Stainless Steel .95, Titanium .95, Titanium .68 Head to Head
Timeless Razor Review: Stainless Steel .95, Titanium .95, Titanium .68 Head to Head

I have experience with the Bronze .78 OC and the Ti .95 OC. Not the SS OC. I will say the Bronze was much harsher to my skin than that of the Titanium.

I have experience with the Bronze .78 OC and the Ti .95 OC. Not the SS OC. I will say the Bronze was much harsher to my skin than that of the Titanium.

Do you think this was something to do with the weight - nearly 130g is heavy? Scott mentions taking time to shave with less pressure.

Steve, here is a detailed comparison I did between the SS and Ti versions. Buy directly from Timeless and not other retailers so that you can take advantage of an exchange if necessary.

I agree with John. I got the Titanium. 95 with the dual plate, open comb and scalloped. I also have the .68 head smooth. The .95 is best for me with 2+ days of growth. I found I prefer light weight razors to the heavy stainless. Only razor I have used since I purchased it. Went through Timeless direct. Super guys to talk to. IMHO I'd pay 2x the price to replace it. Don't tell Timeless that!

Do you think this was something to do with the weight - nearly 130g is heavy? Scott mentions taking time to shave with less pressure.
You are trying to compare razors with very different head configurations. No way you can separate out the weight factor from the other differences in the geometry between the bronze and titanium.

Part weight, part design.

I absolutely love both my SS and Ti razors, but the Bronze did not suit my particular face.

Comparing identical razors in design, the Ti and SS, the SS comes out ahead in efficiency due to the weight. Comparing blade gaps between the .78 Bronze and the .95 SS or Ti is a futile effort however due to the difference in design. In my opinion, the SB and OC versions of Bronze punch way ahead of their blade gap, which is deceiving.

When using the Bronze I always had to shave with a very consistent, concerted effort to avoid pressure and the resulting irritation. An absolutely beautiful razor, the Bronze simply wasn’t for me. In the end, the SS and Ti provide effortless shaves for me, with the Ti having the edge. But both will always have a place in my den. My face prefers the SB version of both vs. the OC, but that has been true of all razors I’ve tried.

Top Bottom