What's new

Timeless safety razor

B72B3DA8-D917-4D3C-A9D6-7F3F972DC972.jpeg
I am in the same boat. Started with .95 but with its efficiency next day there is hardly any growth. Moved to .68 (both SS Scalloped- SSS) and it this one is more efficient that what I used to. Very smooth and a great daily driver. In additional moved from shorter 85 mm to the longer handle. Nothing wrong with ether I just liked the look batter

View attachment 954080 I am in the same boat. Started with .95 but with its efficiency next day there is hardly any growth. Moved to .68 (both SS Scalloped- SSS) and it this one is more efficient that what I used to. Very smooth and a great daily driver. In additional moved from shorter 85 mm to the longer handle. Nothing wrong with ether I just liked the look batter

I love my .95 every 2 to 3 days. I can use the .68 daily if necessary. Mines the Titanium version. Works better on my sensitive skin. Yours is a good looking razor!

I have enough razors 7 of them to last me a lifetime. I have to invest in other things. Timeless is beautiful though.

The .68 is an excellent razor: in my top tier. Because of the nature of my beard (the grain of my beard changes directions every inch or so), I need to do a 4-pass shave to get a good shave. The Timeless .68 makes that easy.

Is there a lot of extra effort to shave with the .68 daily( more than 3 passes)?
I don't find it much different from .95. It is a bit smoother and a bit less efficient. DFS is easily with 2 passes. BBS anywhere between 2 and 4 passes depending on blade, technique and precise feeling you want to achieve. For a daily driver I would do .68 without a doubt. Now, what exact shape SB, Scalloped or OC? I have SB, and Scalloped, but like Scalloped for the looks. OC is on my way and will test it in two or so weeks.

Steve, do you ever bother searching for the topic before you start a new thread?
Have you ever thought that there might be the same topic already open with the information readily available in it?
You should!

The .68 is an excellent razor: in my top tier. Because of the nature of my beard (the grain of my beard changes directions every inch or so), I need to do a 4-pass shave to get a good shave. The Timeless .68 makes that easy.
Thank you Jim. I'm afraid that the.95 would be too aggressive for a daily driver?? The .68 should be just right. A few members said the .95 is smooth and you don't really feel the blade....Confused!! I have the Blackland Dart and it's medium in efficiency and blade feel is there. I make three passes and a clean up...might as well be four. What to do?

I don't find it much different from .95. It is a bit smoother and a bit less efficient. DFS is easily with 2 passes. BBS anywhere between 2 and 4 passes depending on blade, technique and precise feeling you want to achieve. For a daily driver I would do .68 without a doubt. Now, what exact shape SB, Scalloped or OC? I have SB, and Scalloped, but like Scalloped for the looks. OC is on my way and will test it in two or so weeks.
You are right. For a daily driver, the .68 would probably suffice. If I need an aggressive I can use my Muhle R41 or Dart. Just want one GREAT razor and that's IT. Thank you for the informative reply. Frank M.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I found the oc bronze to be way way to aggressive for me. The closed comb is nice. The oc 68 ss is my absolute top favorite go to for every day.
looking for a bargain? Timeless sells returned pieces on their site for a discount.

Thank you Jim. I'm afraid that the.95 would be too aggressive for a daily driver?? The .68 should be just right. A few members said the .95 is smooth and you don't really feel the blade....Confused!! I have the Blackland Dart and it's medium in efficiency and blade feel is there. I make three passes and a clean up...might as well be four. What to do?
Most reviews I've read puts the Dart at mid aggressive which would be closer to the .95 plate.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The dart i s more aggressive than the 68 oc
i had some beginner s luck with the dart and wondered why folks felt it was more aggressive but it is.

360FD98E-511C-408B-8BE6-49A32BF5F2CE.jpeg
Timeless .68 OC with Astra blade (1) based on feelings alone it is not that much different from scalloped. There is no aggression and a very smooth glide. Is it more efficient than scalloped? Hard to tell from a first time, perhaps a tiny bit more blade feel (or could it be a confirmation bias). Two passes provided for a nice DFS and with some touch ups, bordering on BBS. Based on my experience with other Timeless .68 it is a fine daily driver. It will likely provide closer shave with sharper blade without being aggressive. Need to try it with Feather, Kai and Permasharp to check, but Astra was very good. Could it be a one razor setup? Easily, if not for fun having different razors, I would be contempt with it. I guess the only downside if any, is much more surface area to clean. All of these teeth provide for many places to attract soap. What are other people do to clean OC? Ultrasound cleaner or some other method?

View attachment 954672 Timeless .68 OC with Astra blade (1) based on feelings alone it is not that much different from scalloped. There is no aggression and a very smooth glide. Is it more efficient than scalloped? Hard to tell from a first time, perhaps a tiny bit more blade feel (or could it be a confirmation bias). Two passes provided for a nice DFS and with some touch ups, bordering on BBS. Based on my experience with other Timeless .68 it is a fine daily driver. It will likely provide closer shave with sharper blade without being aggressive. Need to try it with Feather, Kai and Permasharp to check, but Astra was very good. Could it be a one razor setup? Easily, if not for fun having different razors, I would be contempt with it. I guess the only downside if any, is much more surface area to clean. All of these teeth provide for many places to attract soap. What are other people do to clean OC? Ultrasound cleaner or some other method?

My Timeless razors get a solid rinse and wipe down after every shave but you’re right those teeth have a lot of areas for soap to find and live. On the OC comb I find a toothbrush and hot water is all it needs weekly. Only take 20 seconds so not a big deal. Just important to stay on top of it.

The rinse channels are very unique to timeless and harder to clean. I don’t have an ultra sonic cleaner but have had great success with soapy water and pipe cleaners when cleaning out the rinse channels! I do that every 2-3 weeks. Again, only take 20-30 seconds. I’m a guy who doesn’t fret about germs, but I want my razors always to be looking their absolute best.

Just yesterday I picked up a pkg of these to see if they would work for either of my Timeless razors. I found the "Wide" version which has the bluish green handle is great for the OC version to clean between the teeth of the comb and although it did a pretty good job on the rinse channels, I think it needs to be a little bigger diameter to clean them more thoroughly. When you put the brush in the channel and spin it you can see it cleaning as it turns the soap film into a dust and removes it. I've yet to try it out with some alcohol but I think that will help. I have been looking into pipe cleaners and small brushes. I've only done a dry run with these and it went pretty good but as I said, if it was bigger it would be better...
proxy.php

Just yesterday I picked up a pkg of these to see if they would work for either of my Timeless razors. I found the "Wide" version which has the bluish green handle is great for the OC version to clean between the teeth of the comb and although it did a pretty good job on the rinse channels, I think it needs to be a little bigger diameter to clean them more thoroughly. When you put the brush in the channel and spin it you can see it cleaning as it turns the soap film into a dust and removes it. I've yet to try it out with some alcohol but I think that will help. I have been looking into pipe cleaners and small brushes. I've only done a dry run with these and it went pretty good but as I said, if it was bigger it would be better...
proxy.php

These actually work great for getting into hard-to-reach spots for anything!

Top Bottom