What's new

Timeless Aluminum Razor Set

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Interesting thread.

I'm not buying any more razors right now, but this Timeless Aluminum is intriguing.

I have the Bronze with both baseplates and like it very much. I also have the Ti OC 95 baseplate which is fabulous. The rest of the Ti razor (cap and handle and stand) are in transit.

Timeless certainly makes good razors. Most of the reviews of this one are right in there were most other Timeless reviews.

Thanks for all the information.

Happy shaves,

Jim

linty1

My wallet cries.
I completly lost this thread and forgot where I was talking about the Timeless, anyways, it -did- arrive, let me.. dig the photos back out...
A4ED6F80-471F-480D-8CA9-D1BC705D6197.jpeg

32054660-3EA4-4588-8386-68C3EE1BED13.jpeg

A2566AE2-B12B-4125-9629-880B907ED7CA.jpeg

168D54BC-D440-4ACD-AF68-3329CAD0A1F2.jpeg

Note the towel I purchased separately. My regret? I qualified for the "free gift" and neglected to check it off :( I wonder what it is/was?

I like that yes, its a "scratch and dent" but they still send it with all the fixings (nice new box etc) and its not just wrapped in bubble wrap/treated like a second class citizen etc. And I can't tell where the "flaw? is? I shaved with it a few times when I got it back in May and at that time I thought it to be aggressive for me (with gsb blades). I love aluminum razors (Standard, Col Gen alum, Hawk V2 are all my jams) but this one I recall being bitey. However, I am returning back to it soon and will give it another try and report how it goes. Its a beautiful razor though, the towel stays on my desk as a resting place to dry off my other razors etc when I'm finished my shaves.

@Chan Eil Whiskers Did you end up actioning on one?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
the Timeless, anyways, it -did- arrive, let me.. dig the photos back out...I love aluminum razors (Standard, Col Gen alum, Hawk V2 are all my jams) but this one I recall being bitey. However, I am returning back to it soon and will give it another try and report how it goes. Its a beautiful razor though, the towel stays on my desk as a resting place to dry off my other razors etc when I'm finished my shaves.

@Chan Eil Whiskers Did you end up actioning on one?

Yes, I ordered one, and it's arrived. I've not used it yet, and am not exactly sure when I will. It is very nice looking of course, and amazingly light weight. I'm not afraid to try it, but I have so many others.

Partially I bought it because I wanted the handle and there's only one way of getting one.

I will be interested in your review(s) when you try it again. The towel looks great, too.

Speaking of the gifts. I qualify but have consistently forgotten to tell them when I've ordered. I believe I've placed three four separate orders with Timeless. My Bronze was from the BST; I ordered from Timeless the 95 OC Ti baseplate, the Ti handle with the Ti cap, the Ti Crown handle, and the aluminum razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim

linty1

My wallet cries.
Shaved today with it, there is noticeable blade feel, but went two wtg passes and got a dfs. I think maybe the first time I was going a full 4 passes and it was a bit much. I wouldn't say its super aggressive, but it certainly takes hair off, on par with the merkur 45 I was using. Used a nacet blade that had.. 7-8 ish shaves on it.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shaved today with it, there is noticeable blade feel, but went two wtg passes and got a dfs. I think maybe the first time I was going a full 4 passes and it was a bit much. I wouldn't say its super aggressive, but it certainly takes hair off, on par with the merkur 45 I was using. Used a nacet blade that had.. 7-8 ish shaves on it.

Thanks. It's not a razor I've read much about. Particularly considering it's a Timeless.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom