What's new

Timeless Aluminum Razor Set

This razor is so smooth. I often use it for a quick shave.

I also use it on my neck - from side to center - when I am shaving with an aggressive razors like an RX or R41.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Resistance is futile. I noticed they are in stock so what the heck. Quick turnaround from order to doorstep. Must say the finish is fantastic. Love the matching stand. Im set to take it for a spin soon.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Two thumbs up on timeless aluminium. Its definitely light but you know that going in. I didn't feel like its too light though. Im used to a heavily set up and open comb i had about 2 days growth. Wonderful shave. Middle of the road in terms of aggressive. More mild but tackled 2 days growth no problem. Very happy i got this.

Two thumbs up on timeless aluminium. Its definitely light but you know that going in. I didn't feel like its too light though. Im used to a heavily set up and open comb i had about 2 days growth. Wonderful shave. Middle of the road in terms of aggressive. More mild but tackled 2 days growth no problem. Very happy i got this.
I've been trying to get some information on the timeless aluminium. I was looking for a razor to use daily. I get on well with the 6s plate 3. I wonder how the timeless compares.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I still find the Timeless Aluminum to be the ONLY aluminum razor I can use and enjoy. Of course there are some vintage Gillettes that have aluminum parts and such, but I dont really count those. However, I have owned and tried many modern aluminum razors in both DE and SE configurations, and the Timeless Aluminum is the only one I will continue to use in my rotation. Its a real winner.

I still find the Timeless Aluminum to be the ONLY aluminum razor I can use and enjoy. Of course there are some vintage Gillettes that have aluminum parts and such, but I dont really count those. However, I have owned and tried many modern aluminum razors in both DE and SE configurations, and the Timeless Aluminum is the only one I will continue to use in my rotation. Its a real winner.
That's interesting! I wonder why the timeless is so much better for you? Do you feel like you have to use pressure to make it work?

Purchased this razor on a whim and just to give Timeless Razors an extra add on sale as I was on their site about 3 weeks ago to purchase their new Crown Ti handle. They’ve always treated me well with my previous purchases from them with excellent customer service and shipping times. I already have their Stainless, Titanium & Brass versions so, I decided to complete the family tree of razors. I’ll keep it short and sweet and won’t go into every detail of make up and quality, just the shaves that I’ve had with it for the 8-10 days.

First things first, I’m not the biggest fan of Aluminum/Lightweight razors though, I do have a couple of them that perform quite well. Truthfully, I was just expecting to have some decent shaves with it and for it to perform equal and no more to the ones that I already own. And honestly, I was completely bamboozled by the Aluminums outright shave prowess and performance. I have put in 7 or 8 shaves with it and they have been nothing short of excellent. Surprisingly good efficiency with some blade feel and much smoother feeling than I ever expected. Shave 1 was really the only one that I had “an issue” and that was just a couple of weepers near the corners of my mouth but, I labeled that just a small learning curve and getting to know the razor. From that shave on every other shave was smooth, efficient and extremely comfortable. No nics, cuts or irritation to speak of with every shave a BBS finish or darn near close for 1 or 2 of them. But, what really got to me was the lightweight of the razor instinctively put me into “I might have to use a bit more pressure” to get the results that I wanted. Couldn’t have been further from the truth. Yes, there was a slight bit of pressure on my end but, nothing more than say I’d have used with a Gillette Twinjector or even my PAA Ascension Aluminum razor. I was surprised at the minimal effort that was needed to get good cutting action from the Timeless Aluminum. It was quite revealing and equally very satisfying on the shaving end of it.

This is a quality razor that shaves exceptionally well. To me not as smooth as the Timeless SS razor and not close to the Ti which is the best of the bunch for my tastes but, I think it shaved me better than the Bronze .38 SB variant which is not a bad razor either. I don’t think Timeless has a bad razor in their line up and the Aluminum creation definitely has its place in the Timeless collection.

I’m glad I have it and for $50 from their scratch & dent pile, it’s a hell of a bargain.....

EE474DF5-5F80-405C-9030-E30B85A2CACD.jpeg

384AE6BE-56EE-48FD-AFFF-A4CA4B6BD998.jpeg

671744AB-6DF4-48C7-B92A-129EFB93C967.jpeg

2C3B3CD4-9210-4759-A165-034D46E0AB71.jpeg

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
I was curious about just the blue towel they have and wandered onto the Timeless site... saw the s/d aluminum for $50... saw the $35... but then saw a fellow Canadian mentioning the cheaper shipping when emailing Matt... mm... it -does- look very nice...

How much cheaper ? It looks like it's $35USD for a $50USD razor (S&D version) 😭

With the $35 shipping, they chose the most efficient method for that price so in my case, he offered 1 day Fed Ex to western Canada. I got the Titanium masters set so would have been looking at taxes and brokerage fee guaranteed on top using a courier so at least another $100. I asked him if I could do USPS as I don’t mind waiting and $35 (USD) was pricey, he said to do the order with the $35 shipping and he would refund the difference to use USPS. It took 3 weeks but I didn’t get charged the taxes and brokerage fee so worth the wait for me.

I would message him and tell him you are not in a rush and ask him if he is willing to send it USPS so you can get cheaper shipping cost, can’t guarantee he is still doing this. It will be approximately half the shipping cost depending on how much stuff you get.

I had mine (aluminum) shipped to my P.O. Box just across the border in Wa. Way less to ship but I can’t get my hands on it for who knows how long. If I knew about these other options I may have done that. I’d like to try shaving with this thing and even have a go at polishing it. Good luck.

Top Bottom