What's new

Timeless .95 ss tour pass-around!!

Final head and face shave. Went with a single pass XTG on the dome and 2 passes WTG on the face. Head shave was nice and smooth, but ended up with a couple of weepers on the chin. I'll chalk that up to the Feather. That occasionally happens when I get a few shaves on them.

I really want to love this razor. It's beautiful, well balanced, it rinses well, and I really like the overall head geometry. I think I tend to favor razors like this that have more curvature to the blade. It's just not quite aggressive enough for my tastes. If Timeless ever decides to make something just a bit more aggressive than the 0.95, I'll jump on it. But for now, I'm going to have to pass. Which is probably a good thing since I splurged for my Birthday and Father's day and picked up a Rex Ambassador.

Thanks to Denny for making this possible for all of us. This is my 5th pass around involving a stainless steel razor and/or set, and it still surprises me every time that someone would be generous enough to part with their valuable and much-cherished razors for an extended period of time to let all of us try them out.

I'll be getting it cleaned up with some alcohol and repackaged today and plan to get it in the mail today or tomorrow.

View attachment 1125201
Congrats on the Rex Ambassador @gwsmallwood. As much as I enjoy the Timeless Ti 0.95, my Rex Ambassador is still my favorite. I hope you like it as much as I do mine.

Well, the razor is back in my possession. I hate to say that it is home because I like to think it has many homes now. I want to thank everyone for making this pass-around a complete success. I hope that everyone had as much fun participating as I did. I am truly impressed with the reviews and comments that were both positives and negatives for the Timeless brand. I hope that it was informative for the people that did not participate and that it helped anyone that may have been on the fence. I am very grateful for the respect and care you showed sending the razor across the country. You all have really proven to me that this is one of the best if not the best forum on the inter webs. Once again thank you!!!
PS
Be on the lookout for another pass-around soon. ( a little Blackbird has been begging me to see the country)
Denny

Thank you again, Denny! I would love to see what all the Blackbird hype is about. It’s been in my cart a few times already. :)

Thanks to your kindness, generosity, and trust, I’m now using my own Timeless and having my best shaves so far. I’ll be adding a dual comb .95 plate soon because, well, why not?

I’m glad you’ve got your razor back, and I hope we get to read a review from you tomorrow!

Well, the razor is back in my possession. I hate to say that it is home because I like to think it has many homes now. I want to thank everyone for making this pass-around a complete success. I hope that everyone had as much fun participating as I did. I am truly impressed with the reviews and comments that were both positives and negatives for the Timeless brand. I hope that it was informative for the people that did not participate and that it helped anyone that may have been on the fence. I am very grateful for the respect and care you showed sending the razor across the country. You all have really proven to me that this is one of the best if not the best forum on the inter webs. Once again thank you!!!
PS
Be on the lookout for another pass-around soon. ( a little Blackbird has been begging me to see the country)
Denny
I didn’t get in on this one because I was way late to the part. However, I’m very grateful to you as I definitely learned a great deal just reading all the reviews. And I’ll be keeping a close eye out for that little birdie flying outside the coop!

God bless you for using penultimate properly. Pet peeve. I bust so many people on the meaning of that one!

OTOH, LP into Marshall...meh. I'm more of a Gretsch into a Vox guy.
my dad was find of that word as well. An avid planner, he would always map out our vacations and our last motel before home was always the penultimate stop on our trip.

by the way, saw a polished .95 solid bar on the BST and couldn't resist. It's awaiting my Monday morning shave. Thanks to this pass around.

Top Bottom