What's new

Timah's journey into the shave world

Checking in again after being a bit slack again.
For whatever reason I’ve been skipping Shavette Sunday and just focusing on using the Rockwell. I’ve been trying to get better at a 2-pass shave (WTG and XTG). In doing this, I’ve gone back to plate 3. So far it seems to be going ok. Still a few little weepers but nothing too major. Probably a sign I need to drink more water and moisture my face some more.

Typically I’m back to using either an Astra SP or a Dorco Prime. I still find the Dorco sharper but the Astra just works so well.

I’m still enjoying using both the Proraso Pro boar brush and The Stray Whiskers Synthetic. There’s definitely a learning curve with both though.

I’m typically using Proraso red as a shave cream. Although since buying a tub of wholly law for my dad I do want to try some for myself.

I have also finally order a Game Changer razor. I’ve started with the .68 version but will likely order the other plate when it’s back in stock too. The idea of a Karve is still tempting - I mean my brush and razor holder has three spots - I should have three razors yeah? Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congratulations on your GC! I love mine. I will also likely be getting the .84 head to try out soon!

Cheers. I fear it’ll take some time to get here to Aus. But I’m looking forward to it getting here.

Well a bit of a landmark shave today. It’s the best 3 pass shave I’ve completed. Aside from a few small spots where I could have cleaned up, I’ve got what I would consider a BBS.

proxy.php

Rockwell 6c- r3 setting
Dorco Prime Platinum blade
The Stray Whisker- 452/28 Synthetic brush
Lisa’s Natural Herbal creations sample
Lucky Tiger after balm.

So it looks like I’ll be using the shavette only for a few weeks.
I’ve lent my Rockwell and a few blades to a mate to try out.
Maybe I’ll get another convert!

A return to Shavette Sunday today. And boy am
I out of practice. No cuts or anything, but not the closeness of shave I’ve achieved previously.

A new blade will go in for the next shave.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Looks nice
Cool case
Still sold out. The only way i save money lol
Is it the 84?

Last edited:
Looks nice
Cool case
Still sold out. The only way i save money lol
Is it the 84?

It’s taken a little while to make its way to Australia!

No, it’s the original. I’ll try this out before I buy the extra plate.

First shave with the GameChanger last night. Very impressed. If this was the first razor you bought as part of beginning wet shaving I could see it being very hard to want to find another.

The razor feels great in hand. Loading a blade is easy enough. And it really does look great.

Loaded up a Derby Extra and took to my 3-day growth. It was easy to find a suitable blade angle and my 2-pass shave was pretty damn good.

I’ll spend the extra time on the weekend to go for a 3-pass shave before my daughters birthday party.

I will probably still buy the .84 baseplate, but I think I could be very happy to shave with the .68 for a long time to come.

Shave items:

RazoRock Game Changer
Derby Extra blade
Proraso Pro boar brush
Proraso Red soap
Witch Hazel
Bluebeards Revenge after balm

hi mate, good to hear your enjoying the razor.. i also have a 6C and was wondering how the game changer compares to that in your opinion

hi mate, good to hear your enjoying the razor.. i also have a 6C and was wondering how the game changer compares to that in your opinion

I’m a big fan of the 6c, but the downfall of it for me is that it is a ‘chunky’ head. The GC is very different and feels tiny.

The finish of both is great, but there is some appeal to a SS body.

The GC covers the blade tabs where as the 6c has them exposed.

I’ll reserve final judgment until I try ATG but initial impressions are positive.

thanks for that.. i will look forward to your comments.. atm i have no real desire to get another razor but i know that at some point in the future i will.. quite happy with both the DE89 and 6C

so the GC is fully SS and polished? the only reason i didnt get the 6S was the finish, some like it but i dont

how much are these btw? delivered to AU

thanks for that.. i will look forward to your comments.. atm i have no real desire to get another razor but i know that at some point in the future i will.. quite happy with both the DE89 and 6C

so the GC is fully SS and polished? the only reason i didnt get the 6S was the finish, some like it but i dont

how much are these btw? delivered to AU

I was the same. The gunmetal finish isn’t that appealing to me.

Yes, it’s fully SS and somewhat polished. I’ll try and get some better pics.

I haven’t worked out a final price yet. A mate and I shipped it to a freight forwarder in the US and went from there.

Second shave with the game changer yesterday. Went a full 3 pass shave.

Kept the same derby extra blade in from the first shave and will probably give it one more go before swapping it out for and Astra to try.

A few weepers in spots that I would t normally get them but it did deliver the best shave on my neck in my 10 months of wet shaving. Massive tick.

I don’t really need to but I’ll have a small tidy up shave tonight and see how it goes when I need to be really gentle.

I was the same. The gunmetal finish isn’t that appealing to me.

Yes, it’s fully SS and somewhat polished. I’ll try and get some better pics.

I haven’t worked out a final price yet. A mate and I shipped it to a freight forwarder in the US and went from there.

awesome my next razor will be something of more quality than zamack (not that i have anything against it) but would like to have something built with quality materials. i look forward to the pics and the cost, i am assuming you got a freight forwarder cos you couldnt get it delivered directly to AU?

awesome my next razor will be something of more quality than zamack (not that i have anything against it) but would like to have something built with quality materials. i look forward to the pics and the cost, i am assuming you got a freight forwarder cos you couldnt get it delivered directly to AU?

You can get it delivered directly. My mate keeps a box open at the freight forwarders for a while, and just sends stuff bought in the US to it. Makes it one cost for postage rather than lots.

Top Bottom