What's new

Timah's journey into the shave world

Shave number 4 with the Game Changer. I’m still really enjoying this razor. I’m in no real rush to get my 6c back from my mate. It just provides a smooth and enjoyable shave. And it seems to pair well with an Astra SP blade - although that wasn’t really a surprise!

I’ve also been thinking about my shave soaps a lot. Since receiving the sample of Lisa’s natural creation, I’ve noticed how my skin reacts differently to different soaps. So much so I’ve noticed that I haven’t reached for my derby soap for a while. I might have to try that. But more so, the sample of Lisa’s soap just feels so good post shave. So I’m thinking I might start trying different local (Aussie) artisan soaps next year - two have made their way into my Xmas list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mate i am really starting to think i need/want this razor lol.. i shaved with my 6C again this morning and have to say i really do love how well this shaves, got one of my best shaves yet this morning. But i understand what you mean about it being bulky.

In comparison i love the feel of my Edwin Jagger DE89 but it doesnt shave as well as the rockwell. The game changer looks to shave well with a sleeker look/feel and is SS and adjustable..

Definitely look at getting soaps, i have a large range and you know a good soap when you come across one, makes the whole shave experience amazing

proxy.php

Shave whatever number it is with the GC. I think I’m up to 6 or 7.

Second shave with the Dorco Prime blade.

I’m really happy I bought this razor. I’ve still got plenty to go with my technique but a 2-pass shave is more than adequate for me.
A 3 pass shave is brilliant - even though my ATG technique still needs some work. Well, mostly on my jawline and neck. But that will come.

Between the Proraso Pro boar and The Stray Whisker Synthetic I’m really happy with my brushes. I’m still tempted by a badger, but the boar with a decent amount of soaking is getting better and better.

Since using a good artisan soap, I’m more aware of how the Proraso soaps feel on my skin. I’m sure they give me some of the irritation I feel.
Luckily the After Balm is brilliant. It now comes in a big pump pack which is on my to buy list (as well as everything else!).

proxy.php
proxy.php

My first Aussie artisan soap arrived today. It smells amazing and I can’t wait to give it a try tomorrow.

proxy.php
proxy.php

My first Aussie artisan soap arrived today. It smells amazing and I can’t wait to give it a try tomorrow.

Nice one mate, I have the Florian and lavioletta soap and splash sets, there both amazing.. u will love it

Nice one mate, I have the Florian and lavioletta soap and splash sets, there both amazing.. u will love it

How do you find the splash?
I usually shave at night, so I use a plain after balm and go to bed. But they seem to be good value with some good ingredients?

mate the splash is fantastic.. the ingredients are great for my skin and i love the scent.. actually used the LaVioletta this morning and skin feels soft/supple..

A ‘basic’ shave tonight, returning to a favourite in Proraso Sandalwood soap and a Derby Extra blade in the Game Changer. Just an all around good combo and I’m very happy with the results.

Sooooo. I’ve just ordered my first YAQI brush...

Can’t wait for it to arrive!

proxy.php

proxy.php

A bit of a ‘basic’ shave tonight. Haven’t used the shavette since receiving the GameChanger. Which probably says something about it.

Nothing special. No specific number of passes, just enough to get the job done for a day or so.

The more I use artisan soaps, the more
I notice the difference between them and the likes of Proraso stuff.

hey mate totally agree, although proraso isnt a bad soap, it doesnt compare.. what artisans have you used?

I’ve been using a Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations sample which has finally run out, and the APR.

B&B should get the two new APR releases this week which I’m looking forward to.

Top Bottom