What's new

Ti Slim vs Ti Blackbird?

Congratulations. Interested to hear how you rate it after a few shaves in comparison to your Blackbird. I’m still agonizing between Blackbird Sb ti and Timeless ti 95 OC as my first higher end purchase, and noted your vote was “Blackbird for the win”. Also still debating the Timeless crown handle and a RR Lupo 95 OC for a lot less $ as a stepping stone to make sure I like something that aggressive. I have a 84 GC that seems mild, and the full spectrum of Gillette adjustables but the adjustable experience seems to go off a cliff on any of them if dialed last 7. Being 6 months into the hobby, I simply don’t know if that’s indicative of the adjustables or if my face doesnt not like the more aggressive stuff as I read a lot of people crank the Gillette’s to 9 and like them like that. I’ve gotten to where the 84GC feels very mild and I have to buff like crazy for bbs on my neck. I was surprised that I really liked a Gillette old type. Would appreciate your input for best bet for a more aggressive yet comfortable daily driver.

I never enjoyed the bulky head of the .68 or .95, so I had to try the slim. Getting good shaves now, but it isn’t quite as efficient as i am used to, but the handle is just a top 2 or 3 for me.

Congratulations. Interested to hear how you rate it after a few shaves in comparison to your Blackbird. I’m still agonizing between Blackbird Sb ti and Timeless ti 95 OC as my first higher end purchase, and noted your vote was “Blackbird for the win”. Also still debating the Timeless crown handle and a RR Lupo 95 OC for a lot less $ as a stepping stone to make sure I like something that aggressive. I have a 84 GC that seems mild, and the full spectrum of Gillette adjustables but the adjustable experience seems to go off a cliff on any of them if dialed last 7. Being 6 months into the hobby, I simply don’t know if that’s indicative of the adjustables or if my face doesnt not like the more aggressive stuff as I read a lot of people crank the Gillette’s to 9 and like them like that. I’ve gotten to where the 84GC feels very mild and I have to buff like crazy for bbs on my neck. I was surprised that I really liked a Gillette old type. Would appreciate your input for best bet for a more aggressive yet comfortable daily driver.
Yes, I still recommend the Blackbird….it’s a fantastic razor. The 95 Lupo is no slouch, especially for the price. I haven’t tried the OC yet and most likely won’t. The Ti Slim certainly performs better for me with the OC plate (at least on my first shave). Had the Timeless 95 SB and wasn’t too impressed with it for efficiency, but it shaved very smooth.

I’ll let you know how my next few shaves go with the Slim OC.

I never enjoyed the bulky head of the .68 or .95, so I had to try the slim. Getting good shaves now, but it isn’t quite as efficient as i am used to, but the handle is just a top 2 or 3 for me.
I had the same experience with the Slim. Nice ergonomics and love the crown handle just didn’t shave super close. We’ll, the OC base plate changed that. I’m not a fan of OC razors typically but the Slim really shines with the OC. I find it still very smooth with little blade feel….not much different than the SB plate but the efficiency is now where I like it.

Maybe give the OC base plate a try if the SB isn’t quite efficient enough.

Second shave this morning with the Ti Slim OC and results are the same as yesterday. Super smooth shave with good efficiency. I’m using a 7 O’clock Black platinum blade and it works very well.

I’m traveling today/tomorrow so I won’t shave again with the Slim until Wed or Thursday but will keep you posted. Maybe I’ll do a side-by-side comparison with my Blackbird later in the week as well. The Slim may have a fighting Vance now.

Second shave this morning with the Ti Slim OC and results are the same as yesterday. Super smooth shave with good efficiency. I’m using a 7 O’clock Black platinum blade and it works very well.

I’m traveling today/tomorrow so I won’t shave again with the Slim until Wed or Thursday but will keep you posted. Maybe I’ll do a side-by-side comparison with my Blackbird later in the week as well. The Slim may have a fighting Vance now.
Thanks for the updates. Enjoy your trip!

Top Bottom