What's new

Thinking about my first .45 ACP...

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
OK, I'll be odd man out..
Px4 Storm Type F Full Size
proxy.php

You have a fitting user name for an odd man out.. It's Mister McNasty! So, tell us Mic, why are you the odd man out? What makes you like the rotary bolt on your Px4? Your name is McNasty, don't be shy. Tell us your experience with shooting it/ How many rounds do you have thru it? What has been your experience with it's accuracy and reliability?

Plenty of us here, don't know anything about it.

Last edited:
C8DC6ACF-9D8B-4B16-84DE-D6E71B5E0A50.jpeg
5910A6D3-07B1-4CA7-8DA8-36689F331BAC.jpeg

What is the correct way or incorrect way of setting up a shoulder harness and rig?
Fit.
The proper way to set up a shoulder rig is to adjust the harness so the holster is maybe 4”-5” below the armpit and carrying the pistol on a horizontal plane (unless it’s a vertical or “upside down” design).
Pistol and magazines should be within easy reach. So often holsters and mag pouches are set at an awkward height and/or too far back on the torso. No bueno. It’s not unlike getting fit for a good suit really.
Best fitting rigs I own are by Sam Andrews. His Monarch model is a total success.

OkieStubble

View attachment 940285 View attachment 940284

Fit.
The proper way to set up a shoulder rig is to adjust the harness so the holster is maybe 4”-5” below the armpit and carrying the pistol on a horizontal plane (unless it’s a vertical or “upside down” design).
Pistol and magazines should be within easy reach. So often holsters and mag pouches are set at an awkward height and/or too far back on the torso. No bueno. It’s not unlike getting fit for a good suit really.
Best fitting rigs I own are by Sam Andrews. His Monarch model is a total success.

You sure do have alot of expendable income. :)

I might have to get a beginner's model from Galco. I hear their Miami Vice version is pretty likable.

You have a fitting user name for an odd man out.. It's Mister McNasty! So, tell us Mic, why are you the odd man out? What makes you like the rotary bolt on your Px4? Your name is McNasty, don't be shy. Tell us your experience with shooting it/ How many rounds do you have thru it? What has been your experience with it's accuracy and reliability?

Though I don’t own a PX4 myself I can wholeheartedly suggest one if you’re looking for a TDA polymer gun. The PX4 has been endorsed by Ernest Langdon and other world class shooters.

Last edited by a moderator:
That will definitely wake the neighbors...from a mile away.
Yeah it doesn’t see too many full power magnums. Mostly 38 Special and Speer Short Barrel 357s.
What?! I carry mine all the time.

Was trying to point out to OP, 250 rounds of .45 is much heavier than same in 9mm.

AA
Tru but it’s not a huge difference maker when talking a full size gun like comparing a Sig P227 or P226. It balances out when both are loaded considering the additional capacity of the 9mm and the extra steel in the barrel.

oh my..
who are the 'plenty of us here's that you represent?

OkieStubble

oh my..
who are the 'plenty of us here's that you represent?

Well, I was really just generalizing when I said, "plenty of us here" because by you saying, "odd man out" I got the impression, you was suggesting "you were the only one you knew with a PX4?"

And since you said that, and I don't know much about the PX4, I assumed maybe many others don't either? Which also would make me believe that you know of which you speak when you said you were, again, "the odd man out?"

While I don't intend to reel or back pedal from your surprising reaction, I will instead, just regroup and state I personally, was interested in hearing your thoughts and opinions on your PX4?

I can take a poll to see if anyone else is, if you really insist though?

Well stated Okie. I know two guys with PX4s that love them but they neither one have had any other pistol before. I too am interested in why PX4 owners love them. I might have to get one myself. BTW, I am being serious

OkieStubble

Well stated Okie. I know two guys with PX4s that love them but they neither one have had any other pistol before. I too am interested in why PX4 owners love them. I might have to get one myself. BTW, I am being serious

Yeah, I'm not sure, but isn't there a smaller, compact version of the PX4?

OkieStubble

Yes Sir, there is.

Still a rotary barrel? There was a conversation, not too long back about the Colt All American 2000, which was one of the first rotary barrel and lug. It never really made it to mass production. from what I have read, Beretta has pretty much perfected it and a rotary barrel is capable of quite some good accuracy from what I hear?

Lol’d @aromatherapy... “I just love the smell of Gunpowder in the morning.” :)

When I get my Glock 20, can I come to your house and play? I need a reloading mentor.

When swmbo sees me with my head down inhaling the fumes from a dirty gun, she just shakes her head and says "why isn't there a perfume that smells like your dirty gun? Guys would follow like puppies"

You can come to my place and play anytime. I would be honoured. Kind of a long drive though...

Yes I’ve read the same. The rotary barrel was supposed to be and probably is it’s claim to fame. Damnit, I’ll have to stop by my local gun dealer to,Oreos to check one out. Damnit!

OkieStubble

When swmbo sees me with my head down inhaling the fumes from a dirty gun, she just shakes her head and says "why isn't there a perfume that smells like your dirty gun? Guys would follow like puppies"

You can come to my place and play anytime. I would be honoured. Kind of a long drive though...

You are kind of out there in the north forty ain't ya?

451C73BD-2B72-4113-9097-23693F6C8D8A.jpeg
Back in the 90’s Beretta introduced the 8000 Cougar as a compact-ish pistol designed for use as a service weapon. Its highlight feature was the utilization of the rotary barrel.
My agency bought a few to see if they had any advantage over the 92F which was being issued at the time.
There really wasn’t.
Some lessened felt recoil was noted as about the only significant benefit but not enough to warrant re-outfitting the entire agency.
Command staff kept the 8000 as their issued duty sidearm. No others were purchased.
When I retired I was presented with my service weapon, the Beretta 8000.
As a pistol it’s fine; I own others I prefer.
As a memento and icon of my law enforcement career, it is priceless.

Top Bottom