What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I grabbed GoB on your recommendation, and I've heard their bay rums are all fantastic so I grabbed the pineapple to mix it up a bit. Gonna grab future fiction and diver down on the next order for sure! Gotta space it out since I got AS's as well lol!

Hope you like it. GoB is a rich floral scent, I used it two days ago. Certain that women will like. FF does check the citrus box though.

Their aftershaves have a lot of horsepower, too.

AA

If you don't care for powdery, PAA's Atmotic is out. To me it whiffs of a lady's makeup compact. I love the scent and use it often, but it's definitely a powder scent.

The artwork on their soap tubs, though, is great. I don't care for coconut aromas, or I'd buy their "Coconut Bay With Lime" for the mermaid painting alone.

Space Nog. It’s a winter seasonal but it’s fantastic. Their Atomic Age Bay Rum with eggnog, smells just like a spicy eggnog, did I mention it’s fantastic. It’s my favourite of any scent from anybody.

For a summery scent, I recently got Aloha Smackdown bar soap (body) and my wife and I love it. Smells like Hawaiian punch, it’s just a fun scent.

Can’t beat their top sellers like Cavendish and Atomic Age Bay Rum. I also own Doppelgänger Black (Their version of the fragrance Sauvage) and love it.

First go with the meta4. What an excellent razor. Medium aggressive with just enough blade feel. Very smooth.

-PAA Meta4
-Vintage Polsilver (2nd)
-PAA Switchback with 26mm gelled shoat boar
-Capt choice copper bowl
-PAA Ice cube
-PAA Fresco soap and splash
-PAA mentholated mysterium serum
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

I'm somewhat of a PAA aficionado, and apart from buying used soaps, how do you get your PAA fix?

I put a roughly $200 order together direct from PAA, and shipping was about $90 to ship directly from them. Do you guys buy direct from PAA? Use a parcel forwarding service? Or buy used soaps?

Just arrived 3 new soaps.. Bay Rum, Peach and Bourbon Chocolate all are the CK-6 Formula.. Wow do they produce a ultra thick lather!
Does anyone else think the same?

An ultra-thick lather may not be the best lather. It may be that the lather will improve with additional water. When using new soaps, you need to play around with the lather to see how much water is needed.

I have not used PK-6, but in his review of the soap, Jason Rudman of Rud's Shaves indicates the lather should be like cool whip. He indicates that the soap loads so easily that it is easy to overload the brush. He also says that this is a very thirsty soap that will take a lot of water to achieve proper hydration. Thus, it sounds like you may need less soap or more water.

He gives it a shave score of 92 which is very good, but still well below the best soaps he has rated, several of which score above 100.

PAA CK-6 is one of my absolute favorite soaps. Whips up a wonderfully luxurious lather instantaneously, provides a smooth and comfortable and protective shave, and one of the top post-shave feels I’ve had. Favorite scents for me right now are Dapper Doc (very floral), Sandalwood Science and Java Hive. Scents are not quite as “natural” to me as the very best scents out there, but I have a high bar for scents, PAA provides a huge variety of them, and the performance is outstanding. (Best and most natural scents for me right now come from AYLM and Eufros, with honorable mentions to B&M, Ethos, NO and Hub City.)

I only have one CK-6 soap in my den, Future Fiction. Certainly in my top 5 soaps, and I've tried plenty.. It really shines in lather quality and post shave, especially for a vegan option. The Future Fiction scent really grew on me, would love to see more PAA products becoming available in Europe!

Top Bottom