What's new

The WORST Aftershave You've Smelled?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
"Dilution is the Solution to Pollution." 😁

Was just trying not to waste that (awful) bottle of Veg.

🤔 The semi-successful mix I recall was "Frozen Veg," where I mixed Veg and Osage Rub.

But a bottom line takeaway might be, if you got one you hate, try taming it by mixing with something else.

AA

Lime Sec is the answer... :)

5E7DE7F6-22D8-4BF6-A30A-9B4D243E8FAF.jpeg

An Antique store in Intercourse PA had several tall, vintage bottles of Veg and I convinced one of the workers to open a couple so my wife and I could see if they had gone bad. When we decided there was no way to tell, we took a hard pass and headed out. As the attendant walked away we heard an exasperated "OMG, it's on my hands... " after another employee at the desk asked him if someone had gotten sick in the back room.

I am not going to lie, after reading comments about The Veg I started to wonder how bad an aftershave could smell :) I have never tried Pinaud Veg but I really couldn't like how Marmara Barber Traditional smells, I really can not say that it is awful, it is actually a kind of scent that Turks are used to, it is somewhat similar to Tobacco Cologne, but I really couldn't like it. And the reason may be that all Marmara Barber AS lotions have something that would make you cough. It's really that strong. And I have to add that I really like how Marmara Barber designs their bottles.

I haven't tried it for around 50 years but I used to think Old Spice smelled of cat pee, that's why I haven't tried it in 50 years :001_smile:001_smile

Bought some English Leather a few years ago. No,no,no. Even the cat left the room. It was terrible. Tried it a few times but nope its a stinker.

I am not going to lie, after reading comments about The Veg I started to wonder how bad an aftershave could smell :) I have never tried Pinaud Veg but I really couldn't like how Marmara Barber Traditional smells, I really can not say that it is awful, it is actually a kind of scent that Turks are used to, it is somewhat similar to Tobacco Cologne, but I really couldn't like it. And the reason may be that all Marmara Barber AS lotions have something that would make you cough. It's really that strong. And I have to add that I really like how Marmara Barber designs their bottles.
What color is that one? I'm interested in any powerful aftershave.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
An Antique store in Intercourse PA had several tall, vintage bottles of Veg and I convinced one of the workers to open a couple so my wife and I could see if they had gone bad. When we decided there was no way to tell, we took a hard pass and headed out. As the attendant walked away we heard an exasperated "OMG, it's on my hands... " after another employee at the desk asked him if someone had gotten sick in the back room.

Yes, this is all true ... the vintage Veg smells much better!

AA

Last edited:
Top Bottom