What's new

The WORST Aftershave You've Smelled?

M

mtcn77

Arko Aftershave smells like acetone & rubbing alcohol mix. I smelled like a candle wick after using it one time.

the Caties bubbles Connecticut aftershave, i'm currently trying to sell on b/s/t. tried it a few months ago and the sweetness gave me a headache and my partner did not enjoy it as well. After taking pictures to sell it, I tried it again, must be the summer heat that affected the scent 'cause this time it smelled pretty good, even my partner enjoyed it. I was too lazy to take new pictures without it else i'd keep it

Lilac Vegetal. Just kidding, just kidding!

I really dislike posting negative stuff about products and small businesses, but OH MY DOG, what was Southern Witchcrafts thinking when they released Arcane Abyss??? That ish is just straight up gross! Made Wholly Kaw's Tempest smell like Gucci Pour Homme in comparison. I'm pretty sure that it was the only time I that I literally gagged when I sniffed an aftershave.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
This was my first experience with the veg. I tried to wear it once or twice after but just couldn’t do. My FIL loves it because his dad used to wear it so I just have the bottle to him.

Having read so many interesting posts about the Lilac Vegetal, I decided that I had to try it for myself to see if I was one of the "Chosen." I didn't want to wait for the internet shipping, so yesterday I went down to a local store that I knew sold it and bought a bottle. The lady at the register looked at the bottle and made a comment something along the lines of this looks interesting. I said something like that's what I hear, some people smell the Lilacs others smell cat pee. She said she hoped I smell Lilacs and I said me too.

I walked out to my truck and removed the tape from the cap with great anticipation. Unscrewed the top, held the bottle up to my nose and gave it a slight squeeze to help the scent waft up to my nostrils. I was anticipating a wonderful lilac smell and a new AS in my rotation..... Instead what I got was about 5cc of Lilac Vegetal shot strait up my right nostril. Oh the BURN alcohol has when in your sinuses. Apparently the plastic used in these bottles is quite thin turning my slight squeeze into a mini geyser. To make it worse, the remaining Veg soaked my hands so when I went to wipe my nose I only increased the amount of veg already coursing through my sinuses.

The scent in that concentrated form is interesting. I DID smell the lilacs, but along with it there was a strong undertone of what I can only describe as cat pee. There was also a strange scent that I relate to a public restroom urinal cake. Not the pink ones, the blue ones that were so popular about 10 years ago. Luckily the smell faded rather quickly, or maybe I just became desensitized. I had to run into the office for a quick meeting an did get a lot of second looks from my coworkers, so maybe I still smelled. Who knows.

Yesterday the temp here was in the upper 80's. I went out to mow my lawn about 5 hours after spraying the Vegetal into my nostril and let me tell you, sweat really brings the scent out again. However this time I did not get any urinal cake or urine smell, just the mingled scents of Lilac and fresh cut grass. Very pleasing if you ask me.

Someday I might actually try to use this as an AS, but it may be a while as I'm not sure that my brain can associate the smell with anything pleasant right now.

Adam

Lilac Vegetal. Just kidding, just kidding!

I really dislike posting negative stuff about products and small businesses, but OH MY DOG, what was Southern Witchcrafts thinking when they released Arcane Abyss??? That ish is just straight up gross! Made Wholly Kaw's Tempest smell like Gucci Pour Homme in comparison. I'm pretty sure that it was the only time I that I literally gagged when I sniffed an aftershave.
I kinda like Tempest. Similar to Summer Storm. Smells like dirt and ozone but not in a terrible way.

Arcane Abyss was the seaweed smelling one IIRC. Reminded me of a dirty fish tank. One smell was enough from a sample. Never actually used the soap.

Let's see the current P&G Old Spice abomination, Brut overall is good but it has a strange salty note that I don't like. And lastly Dollar Tree's Assured brand made in China chemical after shaves...

Pinaud Clubman Musk.

The only aftershave I poured down the drain.

proxy.php

I was in Shenzen, China a few years ago and somebody gifted me a bottle of Chinese aftershave. I forget the name but I think it had a tiger on it. The smell was a combination of a dead fish left in a locked rusty oven combined with dirty anal glands of the long-lost Nepalese Yeti. Awful. Just awful.

Stirling's Margaritas in the Arctic

Smells like that putty stuff that will take on the text of newspaper when flattened on some.

Top Bottom