What's new

The WORST Aftershave You've Smelled?

Since the "Worst Cologne You've Smelled" thread is still going, I wanted your input on the worst aftershave you've smelled.

Yes, I'm anticipating quite a few Lilac Ve... nevermind. I'm sure it won't come up.

Reactions: saj
For me, it was this weird aftershave splash that I picked up when I was in Turkey.
I don't remember the name, but it came in a clear plastic bottle with a baby blue label. The liquid was clear in color and smelled like mustard. Yup, mustard.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Black Magic Bay Rum. To my nose...it smelled like some kind of cheap hair pomade. I collect Bay Rum aftershaves...but this one was the absolute farthest away from any Bay Rum I've ever come across. I tossed it. I always like to say something good...even if it's hard to come up with...so...here goes...the price point on this product is excellent.

The Veg...
Every time I hear that I'm reminded of Vegameatavitamin.
Veg.jpg

For me, it was this weird aftershave splash that I picked up when I was in Turkey.
I don't remember the name, but it came in a clear plastic bottle with a baby blue label. The liquid was clear in color and smelled like mustard. Yup, mustard.
I have one from Turkey that smells like lemon. Not to bad actually, use it mostly to disinfect andclean my hands.

Since the "Worst Cologne You've Smelled" thread is still going, I wanted your input on the worst aftershave you've smelled.

Yes, I'm anticipating quite a few Lilac Ve... nevermind. I'm sure it won't come up.
Good question and something I've never really thought about

Honestly I have such a bad sense of smell anything that smells half decent is nice to me, I can't exactly say I've smelt a bad smelling aftershave lol

Not a huge aftershave fan. If it doesn't fade in 20-30 minutes, it gets given away or dumped down the sink. I tend to stick with Captain's Choice, Ogallala Bay Rum or Superior 70. While I love RR Plague Doctor soap, I gave the aftershave to my barber.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Black Magic Bay Rum. To my nose...it smelled like some kind of cheap hair pomade. I collect Bay Rum aftershaves...but this one was the absolute farthest away from any Bay Rum I've ever come across. I tossed it. I always like to say something good...even if it's hard to come up with...so...here goes...the price point on this product is excellent.

ROFL! :lol:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

I have many vintage and modern aftershaves. The only aftershave I have ever gotten rid of because I didn't like it, was Pinaud Lilac Vegetol. I was not chosen. Awful stuff! However, @Ad Astra, posted his Badger Blend several years ago of his mix of Pinaud Lilac Vegetol with Pinaud's Lime Sec.

I have to admit, curiosity got the best of me, so I went and purchased another bottle of Pinaud's Lilac Vegetol in order to try his mix. This is after promising myself, I would never splash that cat **** on my face ever again. I was very pleasantly surprised and it is now, in my summer rotation of aftershaves, every year.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have many vintage and modern aftershaves. The only aftershave I have ever gotten rid of because I didn't like it, was Pinaud Lilac Vegetol. I was not chosen. Awful stuff! However, @Ad Astra, posted his Badger Blend several years ago of his mix of Pinaud Lilac Vegetol with Pinaud's Lime Sec.

I have to admit, curiosity got the best of me, so I went and purchased another bottle of Pinaud's Lilac Vegetol in order to try his mix. This is after promising myself, I would never splash that cat **** on my face ever again. I was very pleasantly surprised and it is now, in my summer rotation of aftershaves, every year.

"Dilution is the Solution to Pollution." 😁

Was just trying not to waste that (awful) bottle of Veg.

🤔 The semi-successful mix I recall was "Frozen Veg," where I mixed Veg and Osage Rub.

But a bottom line takeaway might be, if you got one you hate, try taming it by mixing with something else.

AA

Top Bottom