What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XI

I smoked the cap and had it, was very good, the rest I sliced and put into vacuum bags, so when rdy I can just thaw and drop them in hot water to warm them with a salad..

I went back today and picked up a chuck roast as it was the last day of sale, so that has been vac packaged until im ready to throw on the smoker.

Tonight, i did a t bone steak and fresh chicken wing, marinated all day in italian dressing,
I like smoking cheap cuts of steak, they come out very tender, for the chicken wings turned after an hour and after another 30 mins, i cranked it up to 350 for about 15 minutes.
This was a trial run as i will use leftovers when i bbq burgers ,steak again, and just heat these up.
Heres a shot of the wings,
proxy.php

Done on the campchef pellet smoker.
Also had lightning storm in the middle of this, and the smoker went into startup mode again after losing power and just kept on going like nuttin happened.
I am liking this smoker.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Tonight, i did a t bone steak and fresh chicken wing, marinated all day in italian dressing,
I like smoking cheap cuts of steak, they come out very tender, for the chicken wings turned after an hour and after another 30 mins, i cranked it up to 350 for about 15 minutes.
This was a trial run as i will use leftovers when i bbq burgers ,steak again, and just heat these up.
Heres a shot of the wings,
proxy.php

Done on the campchef pellet smoker.
Also had lightning storm in the middle of this, and the smoker went into startup mode again after losing power and just kept on going like nuttin happened.
I am liking this smoker.

Oh that looks good.

Tonight was ribeye and some poppers over lump charcoal.

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

Served with some sauteed mushrooms, scalloped potatoes, and a salad. Good stuff.

DSC_0013 (2).JPG

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I rubbed a couple picanha roasts work salt, pepper, and a touch of coriander and put them on the pellet cooker.

20190830_184214.jpg

Man, I could eat this every day.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
What else you guys got going on for the weekend besides the great looking stuff already posted? So much traffic of RVs, boats, and kyaks on the roof of cars going by the house up to Broken Bow lake it was ridiculous. I don't go to lakes or public campgrounds on holidays anymore. I have plenty of peace and quiet here.

This afternoon I pulled from the deep freezer: an 8 1/2 pound brisket, sausage from our pig, and some Italian sausage wife got a couple of weeks ago at the store. Once it thaws out I'll probably cook Sunday or Monday. I need to mix up some more brisket rub.

DSC_0010 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I think the sausages are done. Post oak and mesquite for flavor. Check the brisket in about another hour or so and see if it's time to wrap.

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

Babybacks and yardbird thighs cooked over apple...View attachment 1011332

Everything is looking great.

I rubbed a couple picanha roasts work salt, pepper, and a touch of coriander and put them on the pellet cooker.

View attachment 1012661

Man, I could eat this every day.

All hail the queen!

Cooks samples now.... Brisket a little later.View attachment 1013178View attachment 1013179

Brisket is looking great.

Had a little jalapeño sausage too...

View attachment 1013255

The brisket came out OK too.

View attachment 1013254

Brisket came out fantastic!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am the only one home. HooRah!!
I got up early and painted our house number on the driveway and at the end of the sidewalk at the curb. Our numbers were worn off and the neighboring city has mandated it. I say let them come paint the numbers if it’s mandatory but who am I.. I feel the same about passports..
So now I have fired up the pit. Ribs, pork chops, sweet breads, wings, steaks, sausage, prolly some other stuff too. And listening to George Strait.
6EF9C079-13F5-4E7F-A78E-7439A5A3CFC8.jpeg

What a day off.
After this I am pressing my dress uniform and polishing my dress boots. Local Texas State Trooper’s funeral Friday.
It hurts so bad to go but it’s the right thing to do.
I am glad that after 33 years I haven’t gotten used to it.

Top Bottom