What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
How'd ya know it was the Saltlick?

Ha,ha does this make you feel any better?
View attachment 593179
I knew it was the Saltlick as soon as I saw the photo. Once you have been there, you will never ever forget that sight. It is amazing. And the pies and shirts for sale. Oh my!!!!
Within a 5 mile radius of my front door are no fewer than 5 quality BBQ joints. I am partial though to the meat from the pit it my backyard. All cooked using Mesquite.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 83
Nothing fancy here, pretty plain really but I'm happy that I'm finally getting some time to do some mid-week grilling. Beer can chicken, brined, slathered with mayo, seasoned, smoked for 1 hr, and finished at 375.

$image.jpg

brucered

System Generated
Do you need a passport for BBQ runs?
Yup, but we're covered. I bring back enough BBQ sauces on my USA runs, they almost know me at the border. When I brought back my sausage stuffer, the border patrol guy and I talked for a few minutes about what a fun and tasty activity it was....he was a stuffer too.

It won't be too hard to convince my wife to drive to Albertville in the spring for a shopping weekend.

Last edited:

brucered

System Generated
Nothing fancy here, pretty plain really but I'm happy that I'm finally getting some time to do some mid-week grilling. Beer can chicken, brined, slathered with mayo, seasoned, smoked for 1 hr, and finished at 375.

Nothing plain about that bird, I bet it was tasty. I always forget how quick chicken is on the BBQ but never seem to do it in the work week.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You and me both and Aaron too.

I have my eye on a couple.

Well, I keep looking if I can grab one for cheap. I do however know a few guys that can custom build one for me. I might take that route eventually... It doesn't need to be huge...

At the moment, you can find me on the South Shore of Montreal under the blue smoke...

I've only posted a handful of questions in the shaving forums, but I really want to start posting more here since I recently acquired a smoker.

Did my first pork shoulder a few weeks ago and it turned out great. It was a 9 pounder (bone in). Put it on about 5 in the morning and let is smoke at around 250 degrees for about 6 hours with a mix of apple and hickory woods. Once it hit about 150 degrees I put it in a pan, added some apple juice to the pan, covered it with foil, and put it in the oven at 250 degrees. It stayed in the oven at 250 until it hit 190 degrees (about three hours) and then I dropped the oven temp down to 170 and kept it there for another hour.

One of the hardest things I've ever done was let this rest after I pulled it from the oven for about 30 minutes :blush:

Here are the results

$Pork Butt.png

$Pork Butt 2.png

$Pulled Pork.png

$Sandwich.png

It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Best pulled pork I've ever had. I can't wait to do it again and try out some new things.

Attachments

• $Pork Butt.png
    $Pork Butt.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 49

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
^^^Hey tasso, welcome to the Mess Hall. Boy, you sure showed with a bang!! Great looking pulled pork. Good job and great pictures.

Add your first name to your signature so we may know who you are.

My name is Aaron.

brucered

System Generated
@tasso Good looking Butt and with the slaw right on top, well done.

Now we need to see a pic of that smoker! Glad you joined us here.

Those tongue tacos look awesome, so does the pork shoulder. That's one of the next things I'm wanting to try, I love pulled pork tacos.

Top Bottom