What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
It's rib day. Pork and beef. And 2 New York Strips. Two onions. And a link of sausage

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 81

martym

It's coming along nicely.
Ya'll have a wonderful day.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 81

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Bob, the pork looks great

Here are the lamb chops with some slaw the sister in law brought over. I know it has broccoli, carrots, and apple in it. I will have to ask her for the recipe because it is a great warm weather dish.

Great reading. Great food. Slaw looks scrumptious. That's a recipe I would love to have.
i would say enjoy your vacation but you've got that down to a science.
As requested

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/464920-Broccoli-apple-salad?p=7608729#post7608729

martym

Done! The rest is in the oven cooling so I can slice it and pack it for work this week.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 74

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That looks really nice Marty. Good to see the temp is now in the BBQ zone for you.

Bruce. Camping and grilling, life is good. :thumbup:

martym

I love camping at Garner and Concan. Tubing on the river is awesome.
Enjoy your trip Bruce.

martym

Thanks!
It's good to be back. It's really cooling off lately.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 64
I smoked my first tri-tip last night. (sorry, no pics).

I prepped it by removing the entire fat cap and season liberally with Penzey's Chicago Steak seasoning (salt, Tellicherry black pepper, sugar, garlic, onion, lemon zest, citric acid and natural hickory smoke flavor) and then adding more coarse ground black pepper.

I smoked it over pecan for ~1.5 hours at 200* until internal temp was 130. Then I seared it in a cast iron skillet for a few minutes a side. I couldn't have asked for a better piece of meat. Great texture with a strong beefy flavor. I will definitely be cooking this again.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I smoked my first tri-tip last night. (sorry, no pics).

I prepped it by removing the entire fat cap and season liberally with Penzey's Chicago Steak seasoning (salt, Tellicherry black pepper, sugar, garlic, onion, lemon zest, citric acid and natural hickory smoke flavor) and then adding more coarse ground black pepper.

I smoked it over pecan for ~1.5 hours at 200* until internal temp was 130. Then I seared it in a cast iron skillet for a few minutes a side. I couldn't have asked for a better piece of meat. Great texture with a strong beefy flavor. I will definitely be cooking this again.

I smoked one a couple of weeks ago. I treated it just like a brisket. It was really good, but was slightly tough and not near as as juicy as the brisket. I think the next time I buy a tri-tip and try your method.

I smoked one a couple of weeks ago. I treated it just like a brisket. It was really good, but was slightly tough and not near as as juicy as the brisket. I think the next time I buy a tri-tip and try your method.

From what I have read, you don't want to take a tri-tip past medium or it gets tough.

The Costco near me often has Prime tritips available at a reasonable price. Might try finding one of those to get a little more marbling melting into the meat. That should make it a little more tender. Also, unless you like well done meat or meat that has just a hint of pink you might take it off a bit sooner. Searing and resting will easily add 5 to 10 degrees to what you read when you take it off.

If, and this is a big IF, I could find a real butcher what should I ask for if I want those really large, meaty beef ribs that are sometimes called dinosaur bones? Are those "blade ribs"

Top Bottom