What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Have you seen the movie, Wind River? That movie made me really want this exact gun. Great choice!
I have definitely seen that movie! I have been wanting a hoop gun in 45/70 for years. This one affords me the ability to drop just about any optic I'd like on the gun. As much as I like the cowboy action classics, I am used to the modern sights. (Red dot/ reflex type) This gives me the option to run whatever I'd like and still roll with a caliber I love.

I have definitely seen that movie! I have been wanting a hoop gun in 45/70 for years. This one affords me the ability to drop just about any optic I'd like on the gun. As much as I like the cowboy action classics, I am used to the modern sights. (Red dot/ reflex type) This gives me the option to run whatever I'd like and still roll with a caliber I love.

I totally agree with you. I love the mix of classic features with modern refinements. What is your impression of Marlin quality? Rumors of drops in quality is the only thing stopping me from getting that exact rifle.

I totally agree with you. I love the mix of classic features with modern refinements. What is your impression of Marlin quality? Rumors of drops in quality is the only thing stopping me from getting that exact rifle.
I’ve heard the horror stories but none of them have manifested themselves in this rifle. Sight are lined up, rounds/ casings extract when gun is on its side and the fit and finish are great. It also grouped well and had no issues with the heavy loads. I’ll put it through more paces soon but so far I’m not seeing the issues I’ve read about with other Marlins. Overall I’m really impressed with the quality of the rifle. Running a red dot now but I may end up switching the red dot to my work rifle as a back up sight and putting actual glass on the marlin. So many options!

Got myself a reloading press and some ammo. The press is the real star of the show, being that it's all steel and clearly handmade.

The powder measure and scale were from my grandpa, I managed to swipe them before his stuff went to auction after he passed.
IMG_20190105_143540740.jpg
IMG_20190105_150046995.jpg
IMG_20190105_150437081.jpg
IMG_20190105_151026369.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190105_133219281.jpg
    IMG_20190105_133219281.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
Cool family stuff. Glad you got it.

My cousin took everything out of my Grandfather's house after he passed away. She was supposed to inventory everything but she kept everything of value. I was overseas in the military and came back to find everything gone. I managed to get my Grandfather's fishing rod and reel and his tackle box at least.

I can't bring it home yet, but I paid for it. it's going on my Banshee. I hit a sweet spot in full auto with specific buffer and spring and I suspect the Obsidian 9 will change that for better or worse. Will be cool to see how the short vs. long configuration works first hand.
Rugged_Suppressors_600x600.jpg

2 packs of 10 rounds each in 7.62x54r, and a RCBS #1 shell holder. Went in for the holder, and they had just cracked open another can of ammo.
IMG_20190204_194156064.jpg

Received a new holster for my Shield 45 today. I ordered it on eBay and it's made by Azula Gun Holsters in South Africa. I usually carry IWB but thought I would give OWB a try.
IMG_20190210_005011877.jpg

IMG_20190210_004943318.jpg

2 packs of 10 rounds each in 7.62x54r, and a RCBS #1 shell holder. Went in for the holder, and they had just cracked open another can of ammo. View attachment 949574

Yellow tip....heavy ball? Pretty unpleasant to shoot through anything other than a Finnish M39. The buttplates on the other Nagant models are too narrow to distribute the recoil energy...the M39's are a little heavier too. Love mine.

Received a new holster for my Shield 45 today. I ordered it on eBay and it's made by Azula Gun Holsters in South Africa. I usually carry IWB but thought I would give OWB a try.View attachment 951349
View attachment 951350
Nice. Looks very well made.

I would love to carry OWB but nowadays shirts are shorter particularly the UA Tactical ones I like to wear (antimicrobial and wick sweat). If I reach, bend over to pick something up, or ride my motorcycle, the weapon shows. Pretty much hot all the time in my area. Heck people wear shorts throughout the winter.

Btw I live in an open carry state but no one openly carries. Different opinions on that but I'm not showing it unless I have to.

Nice. Looks very well made.

I would love to carry OWB but nowadays shirts are shorter particularly the UA Tactical ones I like to wear (antimicrobial and wick sweat). If I reach, bend over to pick something up, or ride my motorcycle, the weapon shows. Pretty much hot all the time in my area. Heck people wear shorts throughout the winter.

Btw I live in an open carry state but no one openly carries. Different opinions on that but I'm not showing it unless I have to.

I would say the quality of construction is comparable to either Galco or DeSantis holsters but at a better price.

Here in Minneapolis heat is definitely not a problem right now. The warmest it is supposed to get this week is 25 degrees and we have been having a lot of below zero weather not counting the wind-chill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom