What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

I’ll get some better pics when time allows....been a while since I ran a shotgun. And this is my first one that isn’t an 870.

58E43B92-598A-402B-B042-3397C0F3E481.jpeg

Got myself a new fun gun. No pictures yet, but it's a pretty standard Cimarron SA in .357 Magnum. Got it used for a good price, $350 in NYS.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Picture of my new to me Cimarron Frontier in 357 Magnum. I prefer the 38 Special if I'm just plinking. View attachment 958362

Oh that looks nice. I'm getting ready to get one in .45 Colt, but the old model style one with the cylinder pin screw on the front of the frame instead of the push push one on the side.

How do you like the case hardening?

Oh that looks nice. I'm getting ready to get one in .45 Colt, but the old model style one with the cylinder pin screw on the front of the frame instead of the push push one on the side.

How do you like the case hardening?
Never had a case hardened gun before, but it's quite attractive. I personally would have gone either full blue steel or white/unfinished steel, but this is still a very nice looking piece.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just picked up these new, Hi-Tech fancy ear plugs. They are manufactured by Safariland and are marketed to law enforcement supply stores. They are called "IN-Ear Impulse Hearing Protection" They have some type of Patent Pending Impulse Filter Technology?

Well, I bought a set today from my local police supply. Does anyone own any or have any experience or info on these?

IMG_0089 (1).jpg
IMG_0090.jpg

Picked up this exceptionally clean Remington Model 512 at a gun show two weekends ago. The Remington date code indicates a February 1950 production date.

I grew up around one of these. Later acquired another, but it got away.

The Remington 500 series represents outstanding value in an accurate .22 rifle. This would include the single-shot Model 510, "Targetmaster," magazine-fed repeate Model 511 "Scoremaster," tubular magazine repeater Model 512 "Sportsmaster," magazine-fed Models 513T and 513S "Matchmaster," as well as the magazin-fed Model 521 "Junior Special."

Wonder if anyone else grew up with one of these rifles.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Picked up this exceptionally clean Remington Model 512 at a gun show two weekends ago. The Remington date code indicates a February 1950 production date.

I grew up around one of these. Later acquired another, but it got away.

The Remington 500 series represents outstanding value in an accurate .22 rifle. This would include the single-shot Model 510, "Targetmaster," magazine-fed repeate Model 511 "Scoremaster," tubular magazine repeater Model 512 "Sportsmaster," magazine-fed Models 513T and 513S "Matchmaster," as well as the magazin-fed Model 521 "Junior Special."

Wonder if anyone else grew up with one of these rifles.

Sweeet! I want one...I don't have a bolt action .22 at this time.

I had a bolt action .22 of Granddad's for a bit, but an Uncle wanted it so I took it to him. I think it was a Stevens or something. The only Remington bolt action I have is Dad's 721 in .30-06 made in 1952...I think. I'll have to look it up again. Those Remingtons are excellent quality.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I grew up with a single shot Targetmaster with the bolt mounted safety that stuck up and kinda blocked your sights when engaged. It was a family gun that stayed at the family camp, but I shot it quite a bit in my youth. I eventually was given permission to take it home with me and kept it as my own until I joined the Army. I returned it to the camp, but alas it was stolen some time later.

Just picked up these new, Hi-Tech fancy ear plugs. They are manufactured by Safariland and are marketed to law enforcement supply stores. They are called "IN-Ear Impulse Hearing Protection" They have some type of Patent Pending Impulse Filter Technology?

Well, I bought a set today from my local police supply. Does anyone own any or have any experience or info on these?

Please let us know how well these work.
Personally I hate foam ear plugs, but I also need more protection than electronic ear muffs provide. I always double up. I've tried all the reusable offerings from Surefire, but they don't offer enough sound reduction for me. I'd love to find something better.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Please let us know how well these work.
Personally I hate foam ear plugs, but I also need more protection than electronic ear muffs provide. I always double up. I've tried all the reusable offerings from Surefire, but they don't offer enough sound reduction for me. I'd love to find something better.

Yeah, these are some type of soft rubber ear plug? They have some type of red colored, hard plastic center, looks like some kind of baffle. Haven't tried them yet, but when I do I'll let you know. I'm curious about why your electronic ear muffs don't seem to be enough protection for you?

Top Bottom