What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Sig Romeo and Streamlight added. :)

Attach0.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Not sure if this is worthy of a "Score" rating but the striker spring and recoil spring for my Baby Browning came in so I should be able to get it back in service. Also the replacement grips for my Walther Model 9 are in the mail and scheduled to get here Tuesday morning. It will be good to get them both back in rotation.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Not score if this is worthy of a "Score" rating but the striker spring and recoil spring for my Baby Browning came in so I should be able to get it back in service. Also the replacement grips for my Walther Model 9 are in the mail and scheduled to get here Tuesday morning. It will be good to get them both back in rotation.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I really like the look of these older guns.
They are like looking at a fine aged antique - you just want to touch it.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
So this is LONG over do! Not the most impregnable safe ever but looking at a pile of handguns with an obscene value 🤦 made me realize something was better than nothing! Tractor Supply had this Winchester safe on sale for $329.00 so I jumped! Now most of my guns are under lock and key and my back hurts! The Tractor Supply crowd was laughing their butts of when i told them i was going to haul it in my Toyota Yaris. They stopped when it fit! :D
NewSafe.PNG

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I really like the look of these older guns.
They are like looking at a fine aged antique - you just want to touch it.
Well, only one can really be called "old". The Baby Browning is only from 1965. The Walther I'll admit as older or experienced, it's from 1926.

So this is LONG over do! Not the most impregnable safe ever but looking at a pile of handguns with an obscene value 🤦 made me realize something was better than nothing! Tractor Supply had this Winchester safe on sale for $329.00 so I jumped! Now most of my guns are under lock and key and my back hurts! The Tractor Supply crowd was laughing their butts of when i told them i was going to haul it in my Toyota Yaris. They stopped when it fit! :D
View attachment 1063851

Would love to have seen their faces:)
Not a bad looking safe, kinda looks like mine but I have a combination dial.
They're about 300lbs and when bolted to the concrete floor you're going to have to really want in.
Pretty much anything can be broken into if determined enough but they will have to make some noise to get into that.
Beats the crap out of the tin put it together yourself versions.

Well, only one can really be called "old". The Baby Browning is only from 1965. The Walther I'll admit as older or experienced, it's from 1926.

I suppose, I'm from 1965 and I'm not that old but for a functioning firearm I would think 40 years is a pretty good life.
Not sure what the lifespan of a polymer frame pistol is going to be.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Would love to have seen their faces:)
Not a bad looking safe, kinda looks like mine but I have a combination dial.
They're about 300lbs and when bolted to the concrete floor you're going to have to really want in.
Pretty much anything can be broken into if determined enough but they will have to make some noise to get into that.
Beats the crap out of the tin put it together yourself versions.
It was a hoot for sure! I've gotta see what kind of sub-structure I have for bolting it down but between motion and entry sensors and a lock on the bedroom door at least I have a few layers now! :) The only feature I wish it had a key override to disable the key pad. It has a key to unlock the safe if the battery dies but that would be nice but beggars can't be choosers! :lol: The only other thing I think I'd do is add some weather striping so the desiccant packs don't have to work so hard. Gets kinda moist in AR in the summer!

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I suppose, I'm from 1965 and I'm not that old but for a functioning firearm I would think 40 years is a pretty good life.
Not sure what the lifespan of a polymer frame pistol is going to be.
My current carry primary is now 114 years old and is not just functional but accurate, reliable, repeatable, concealable and I think purty too.

proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Lol'd! Tractor Supply has great prices on safes.

The only other thing I think I'd do is add some weather striping so the desiccant packs don't have to work so hard. Gets kinda moist in AR in the summer!

I did just that about two months ago. It certainly does help.

My current carry primary is now 114 years old and is not just functional but accurate, reliable, repeatable, concealable and I think purty too.

proxy.php

That looks like one loved pistol. Beautiful.
Not sure my eyes would get along with those sights though:)

Top Bottom