What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Got an order in today of some different 9mm rounds to try out.

IMG_20180413_164610294.jpg

I got a great deal at my local gun shop today.
A+ Gallery_2.jpg

I had asked for opinions about the LC9s in a separate thread because I was thinking of buying one at a very good price. This deal on night sights made the decision easy and I placed the order today so hopefully I will have my new gun in a week or so.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I got a great deal at my local gun shop today.View attachment 875492

I had asked for opinions about the LC9s in a separate thread because I was thinking of buying one at a very good price. This deal on night sights made the decision easy and I placed the order today so hopefully I will have my new gun in a week or so.

Awesome! I'm very new with pistols, but $10 seems like an amazing deal. Congrats on ordering your LC9!

Thanks, the price for the TFO sights are usually around $75 or more so $10 was too good of a deal to pass up. I'm looking forward to getting the Ruger and installing the new sights. It looks like you got enough ammo for a few trips to the range. How are you liking your HK?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Very nice deal!

I shot Blazer Brass 115gr my first few times at the range. Two weeks ago, I tried out Sellier & Bellot 115gr and Federal Champion 115gr rounds. Not only am I excited to compare all of the new rounds that I bought, but it's nice to have some to fall back on as well. Plus, I bought all of them for roughly 30-60% cheaper than what I was paying for rounds at my local range.

I'm loving my HK. So much so, that I've needed to talk myself out of buying a VP9sk a number of times this past week. I want to pick up a holster and a couple of extra mags (three came with it) before I put money into buying another pistol though. One of the range officers at my local range has a couple of VP9's and commented on how mine seemed to have a great, or better than usual, trigger. The break is incredibly crisp. I only have 390 rounds through it so far, and I'm getting a little better with it every time I go to the range.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
This guy has caught the bug... ;)

I've definitely caught it. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't have time to make it to my range this week. If I had a closer range to go to or some property to shoot on, then I'd really be sucked into this rabbit hole.

I see a future handloader.

I've been debating on whether or not handloading would make sense for me. I've taken a look at this thread a time or two: Reloading ammo. How much do you save? The range that I frequent doesn't allow reloads. Plus, I'm not sure that I'd have the time.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I've definitely caught it. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't have time to make it to my range this week. If I had a closer range to go to or some property to shoot on, then I'd really be sucked into this rabbit hole.

I've been debating on whether or not handloading would make sense for me. I've taken a look at this thread a time or two: Reloading ammo. How much do you save? The range that I frequent doesn't allow reloads. Plus, I'm not sure that I'd have the time.

I think nowadays, the separate components for handloading is probably just as expensive if you just go out and find some good, cheap, production stuff. However, Handloading is really fun and can be really relaxing...

How can you put a price on that? :)

EDIT: No Pipe while handloading Erik... ;)

You save nothing but if your careful to buy cheap you get to shoot 3x as much in the same ammo budget. Whatever money you justify for ammo is the same money you'll justify for components.

The problem is when you start enjoying reloading as much as shooting, then you get into casting your own bullets. You can make ammo almost no one has.

Cast hollow points anyone?

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

THEN you can get into wildcat cartridges that nobody else has.

.30 Badger (.38sol necked down to.30)
proxy.php

As far as recent acquisitions, a new to me P938 that looked not broken in yet.
9mm in this size package is much livelier than .380
proxy.php

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
THEN you can get into wildcat cartridges that nobody else has.

.30 Badger (.38sol necked down to.30) Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Cool! So what do you shoot that in? A Contender? And for what purpose?

Cool! So what do you shoot that in? A Contender? And for what purpose?
Mine is a converted (from .32 rimfire) Remington 1 1/2 rolling block but I also have a contender pistol barrel. Several have been done on h&r single shots and there are two Ruger #1s in circulation.

Was originally developed as something cheap to shoot when 22 ammo dried up in 09. It's been used up to deer. Same ballistics as 32-20 and can use that data but brass is cheap/available.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Very cool! I have a few 32-20 firearms. Only real downside is the thin necked brass. I suppose the .30 Badger is less problematic in that area?

Very cool! I have a few 32-20 firearms. Only real downside is the thin necked brass. I suppose the .30 Badger is less problematic in that area?
Very much so. More durable, cheaper and easy to make. Uses .30 Mauser dies. At plinking pressures you have to size the base occasionally in a 38 sizer due to the taper in the Mauser die. Tokarev dies also work.

Top Bottom