What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
WW white box has always worked well for me but I have not used the 9 mm NATO rounds.

Well, as it turns out, my pistol hates WWB. Out of six rounds I fired, four of them failed to put the pistol back into battery. No other ammo that I've used in my VP9 has been problematic. Looks like I'll be setting them off to the side until I buy another 9mm that will hopefully work well with them.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well, as it turns out, my pistol hates WWB. Out of six rounds I fired, four of them failed to put the pistol back into battery. No other ammo that I've used in my VP9 has been problematic. Looks like I'll be setting them off to the side until I buy another 9mm that will hopefully work well with them.

Hmmm. I've never had a WW white box not work the action when it went off, but I have had a couple that just didn't fire and one round that slipped through QC with a primer seated backwards. You might look at Blazer aluminum cased (non-reloadable) as a cheaper(?) practice alternative or perhaps Sellier & Bellot.

Edit: Just looking at Midway USA offerings, no S&B or Blazer aluminum cased 9mm. Cheapest was TulaAmo, never used it personally, Federal American Eagle seemed to be the next cheapest at 23 cents a round. Of course there are other places to buy ammo, Midway is just the easiest to check online for a quick comparison of prices.

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm still torn between what my regular range rounds will be. So, I ordered this stuff, and hopefully I'll be able to decide on what I like the best and what performs the best with my pistol.

IMG_20180427_175308364.jpg

View attachment 863357
Picked up this CZ SP-01 Tactical yesterday. All of my 9mm handguns are of the small CCW variety, so I thought it was time to get a full size. This thing is heavy (all steel frame), holds 19 rounds and shoots like a dream.

Heavy? Then you don't want the CZ bayonet attachment hanging off the front....
proxy.php

The knife blade is removeable and the front has four large pyramids on it for breaking glass or as an impact weapon I guess. My SP01 is the safety version since I hate decockers.

Next two purchases will be a suppressor ready version of the CZ P07 and suppressor ready version of the P09 if I can find one....otherwise I guess a standard P09 will have to get modified.

16B63006-4E10-4A68-A072-7FACDDA7A16E.jpeg
73F3FB18-5ADF-45D6-B0F8-D38DF1A8FE36.jpeg
Having been a bit of a slack bugger I thought I’d better post my current tool of choice. I’ve had it for about 12 months now and it’s got to be one of the most forgivingly (is that a word) accurate 7.62 rifle I’ve used.
An AI AW in 7.62 with an NF ATACR 5-25x56 Mil-C F1 held on with a brilliant Spuhr mount. I’ll pull my finger out on day and get an Atlas bipod but for now the AI will do. In theses pics I’m using two different tripods, the large one is a Vanguard whilst the little one is a Silk that I use at a front rest when bench shooting.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Even though they feel a bit more snappy than Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle, these rounds just feel good to me. I seem to get a little tighter groupings with them as well. This should last me another trip or two to the range. :001_rolle

IMG_20180517_181940289.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Very nice long guns @PreachTheWord. Those Octagon barrels look fantastic! And the wood stocks on that full length magazine of your 870 seems beautiful compared to the dull black composite stocks I have on mine.

Great looking guns.

Just got a deal on a good condition late 90s 12 gauge Mossberg 500, with ported 28" Accuchoke barrel and a cylinder 18.5" barrel.

I need another pump shotgun like I need a hole in the head. I already had a 500 and a Rem 870. But this was too good a deal to pass up.

Gonna stick the 18.5 barrel and a sling on her, and use her as snake and bear medicine for the woods.

Very nice long guns @PreachTheWord. Those Octagon barrels look fantastic! And the wood stocks on that full length magazine of your 870 seems beautiful compared to the dull black composite stocks I have on mine.

Great looking guns.

Thank you. Before I got the 870, I was thinking about changing the stock and going all tactical, but the wood looked really good. Then I got some Johnson wax and went to work on it and now it looks even better, so looks like the wood is here to stay. The Henry's are just gorgeous. I like to keep the safe open so I can just look a them. The only issue with the Big Boy is that you can have a thought about fingers and the prints will get on the brass receiver. Just drives me crazy!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I ordered an Alien Gear holster and mag carrier on the 18th of May. It was supposed to ship out between the 28th and the 2nd of June. I called them on the 4th and the rep said that they were behind in production but it would ship out that night if not the next morning. It never did. I was going to cancel the order when I got home from work on the 7th because I needed it by today. About 5 minutes before I got home I received an email that said that a shipping label was created. Thinking that I wasn't going to get the holster and carrier in time, I went to my local place and picked up this Stealth Operator holster, some snap caps for more realistic feeling mag reloading drills, and a pouch that I was going to use as a makeshift mag carrier (not pictured because it didn't work out that well). About 5 minutes after getting home, I realized that my Leatherman carrying case was the perfect size for a mag carrier.

IMG_20180608_194853903.jpg

I explained all of the above because I went out to get the mail about an hour ago, and lo and behold, my Alien Gear package had arrived. I like the mag carrier quite a bit, but I'm not sold on the pistol holster just yet. When I have it on me, the back portion of the shell wants to close up a bit, making it difficult to reholster at times. I'm going to keep my pistol in it and wear it around the house as much as possible for the next 24 hours, and hope that it will break in a bit. The Stealth Operator holster did not have this problem at all.

IMG_20180609_174359528.jpg

Sorry to hear about your problems with AG. I have that same setup. I like the mag carrier, but the holster does not pull my gun in close enough (and I have 2 of them, one for my 1911 and one for my revolver). I definitely like the IWB better.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Sorry to hear about your problems with AG. I have that same setup. I like the mag carrier, but the holster does not pull my gun in close enough (and I have 2 of them, one for my 1911 and one for my revolver). I definitely like the IWB better.

Thanks. I might send the holster back if it doesn't improve and just keep the mag carrier. I don't intend on open carrying for EDC, so it's main use would be for carrying it while shooting on private property.

I'm guessing that the reason why the Alien Gear holster closes up a bit and the Stealth operator doesn't is because the stealth operator is all kydex while the Alien Gear is a leather/kydex hybrid holster.
I have several hybrid holsters that I've pretty much stopped using because I just prefer all kydex. My go-to OWB holsters are Blade Tech. My favorite IWB holsters are from PJ Holsters. I also recently got a light-bearing OWB holster from Priority 1, and I am very impressed with it.

Top Bottom