What's new

The Score Christmas 2014 The Café Edition

Pretty self-explanatory. Post what Café related items you got for Christmas. Merry Christmas!

To Mods; Please keep in Café then merge with Café Aqusititions thread on Jan 1.

Last edited:
I recived a Bodum french press for christmas. It is the 70 year anniversary edition. I bought it at Target for $17 dollars.

I also bought my self a glass coffee mug. Really neat.

Got a keurig 2.0 k550 and already did the reusable filter hack and works great. For a quick single cup or 4cup carafe it does a really good job, also able to get just hot water for my press, don't know the temp yet of the hot water but worked fine.

A present to myself - opened my Nespresso Citiz chrome that Amazon was selling for only $140 on a gold box sale a couple of weeks ago. In love with the machine already. Espresso's are obvious but the Americanos are darn good too.

My wife and kids got these for me. I have been wanting to explore loose leaf teas some more and this new infuser should work wonders compared to the little "egg" infuser I have. I had been looking for a nice tumbler/thermos to take hot tea on the road and to work. This one appears to get some good reviews and will apparently keep my drinks hot through the morning. $Tea.jpg

Im a big coffee drinker, as my sister in law knows so she bought me this for Christmas. Its Turkish coffee and a little pan fto heat the coffee. I've never come across this before or even tried it yet so I'm unsure of the results.
Hole you all had a lovely Christmas.
$image.jpg

Last edited:
I got a Keurig 2.0 for christmas, and superglued a DRM label to my reusable filter to enjoy my Dunkin Donuts coffee. I did get K-Cups but I don't see myself using them often

I got a Cabellas 12 cup percolator. I haven't used it yet and I'm not too sure where to start in regards to what coffee to use. I've heard course ground so I suppose I'll try to find some today and test it out.

I got some Guatemalan Chocolate Antiqua. A package of four pieces of REAL chocolate, made with cinnamon, baked with a hard crust. The directions on the rustic paper package/label indicate that it should be used for drinking chocolate. Might try that, might not. In any case, it is bliss. You can also smell it from 4 feet away.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Posted in the Mess Hall, here would be a better place. My present to myself (the mug not the M200)

I ordered (arrives next Wednesday) a Bonavita BV1900TS. After four years of various Keurig machines, I am going back to an drip coffeemaker. Down the road I will need to get a new burr-type grinder (I have an old Mr Coffee blade grinder and a really manual burr grinder).

Aeropress, Zojirushi travel mug and a couple of boxes of Chemex filters. Very happy.

I dropped enough hints to populate a village that a Pavoni Europiccolo Lever espresso machine would be well received, but no one was picking them up. In fact, they seemed to sweeping them under the radiator.

Aeropress, Zojirushi travel mug and a couple of boxes of Chemex filters. Very happy.
I've used my Zojirushi a few times now and I am impressed. Actually, it works too well. I've put hot tea in it at 3:30 a.m. and it's still too hot to drink 6 hours later. Touching it on the outside, you'd never know there was hot liquid inside. I actually sipped the last bit of my warm tea a few days ago on my drive home around 3 in the afternoon, almost 12 hours after filling the thermos.

I got a Keurig 2.0 for christmas, and superglued a DRM label to my reusable filter to enjoy my Dunkin Donuts coffee. I did get K-Cups but I don't see myself using them often

I also used a reusable/refillable cup (had an inner cup with a metal filter... forgot the brand but bought it at BB&B). One important suggestion... be diligent in cleaning your machine. My experience was that using non-sealed cups (ie. K Cups, but I also had a VUE machine) seemed to increase the amount of stuff (coffee grounds and sediment) into the inner workings of the machine. I believe the normal maintenance of the machine suggests cleaning every couple of months... you may want to do it monthly. The symptom to watch for... the amount of water dispensed per cup decreases. If you wait too long, the normal cleaning processes didn't seem as effective.

btw, along with the recommended cleaning (and I used both the cleaning fluids and simple vinegar), Its always a good idea to use a needle or paper clip in the "needles" that puncture the cups.

Top Bottom