What's new

The Official Guide to Israeli Made DE Blades

Hello All,

I have being confused as well, but I have finally found out what was done with this blades.

PERSONNA RED BLADES = LORD PLATINUM CLASS BLADES. :eek::w00t:

The personna blades come in same packaging as Lord Blades, but since there would be a problem on packaging, customers removed since it would day "Made in Egypt" thus comflicting the true Irsaeli Personna blades which are "Made in Israel". The Red Personnas were manufactured under a private label for the American Safety Razor years ago but were discontinued due to conflict of interest. What ever is circulating around are left overs of the blades order a while back.

I think, you can officially call them Lord Personnas as this were not approved by the Original Israeli Personnas ( SUPER Platinum). Although this are great blades, these are not recognized by American Safety Razor anymore.

The lord Platinum Class Blades are actually the same blades as personna red but with their original label which is LORD. I hope this helps this case and hope that someone does let me know about what to call the RED Personnas... Now that is the question!

Please see attachment for review... This is what I am talking about regarding packaging!

Hope this helps with confusion! :).

Have a great day guys!

Dark

Found the post about the Lord Platinum. Same as red personna?

-- let alone the seeming misunderstanding in this issue.
I see that as a big part of the problem. The OP was authoritative. Other posts not necessarily so much. Then the OP was from seven years ago, much may have changed at Personna: packaging; manufacturing locations, changes in manufacturing methods. Different store brands appearing; can we assume they're all the same and don't change? Which blades are Tomy, etc. (I assume I'll be told that's been answered somewhere on this thread.)

I believe even the most authoritative and helpful on this thread have limited knowledge, and the OP seems to have been replaced by a self-appointed [moderator?].

If there is anyone who has present and complete knowledge of the manufacture of Israeli blades, or all of Personna's inner workings, it might be time to start a new thread with all the good information from this thread compiled and new knowledge added. But I suspect there will always be some mystery and speculation, misinformation, and changes. For some that may be part of the fun, just trying blades to see what works and which ones seem similar. And maybe part of the fun is digging through hundreds of posts and different threads that deal with Personna blades to try to find where the mystery is hidden.

One of the defining characteristics of B&B has always been gentlemanly comportment, including a propensity among the membership for answering questions even when they've been asked before (and especially when a gentleman admits to a search before asking the question). The site allows any member to use his personal discretion to avoid answering such questions should he find them onerous. B&B does not, however, serve as a welcome place for posts that might shame the asker. Honestly, that's the biggest reason I joined instead of lurking a bit and moving on. Its possible that my experience is singular.

No hard feelings, and YMMV - just a bit of perspective I thought might be worth sharing.

Rev, I don't know the answer to your question with any authority. I honestly expect that there's enough variation batch to batch to make things tough to compare/contrast with certainty. Just my two cents. I hope you'll keep asking such good questions.

Well said, Chad. No one should hesitate about asking a question on this forum. I don't care how many times it's been asked and answered. If it bugs you, don't read it or answer it. Snarky obnoxious responses don't fall into the category of "good choices" either.

Rev, I don't know the answer to your question with any authority. I honestly expect that there's enough variation batch to batch to make things tough to compare/contrast with certainty. Just my two cents. I hope you'll keep asking such good questions.

I so much appreciate your gracious and kind response (and the others as well, thank you too). To solve my dilemma I just ordered some Red Israeli Personnas (I hope, pretty sure I did -- at least that's what the seller on eBay says :laugh: )

I do appreciate this place very much because of the overall wonderful spirit and attitude that is so pervasive. I've never, ever posted as much as I have here.

I truly do enjoy being here and being a part of all this. It's great fun.

Just don't forget; shaving is no laughing matter. Applying the sharpest instrument you can find near your jugular the first thing in the morning before you're fully awake isn't monkey business.:scared:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just read this whole thread. I am working through a 50 pack of Red IP's I got from RazorBladesAndMore. i like them very much. I wanted to get another 100, and saw them on Amazon for a better price. They came this morning. The photo on the Amazon posting showed clearly the Red IP boxes. What arrived were the plastic white 10 pack tucks. I was initially a bit tweaked about it. I dig the Red IP packaging as much as the shave. But after reading this thread, I can now believe with about 80% certainty that these are the same blades. This thread is long and there is a bit of conflicting info within. But I think I have it right. I've been using the Red IPs and the Crystals. I can definately tell the difference between the two. I love them both, but they are different to me. So hopefully this new batch will be the Red IPs. I think I am going to try and order another 100 pack of the real Red IPs in the Red boxes and maybe I will get what I actually wanted. :) This was an interesting read!

The LORD blades are made in the Alexandria factory in Egypt.
The Israeli Personna blades are made in ASR factory near Nazareth, Israel.
Two different countries, two different factories, two different blades.

Terrific thread. THANKS!

Will need to read through a few times. I like the Red Personnas and find the differences in packaging and price confusing. This helps explain why price is not the same as performance (especially as they charge different prices for what appears to be the same blades)!

I buy my DE blades at the local Kroger here and the package is marked "Made in Israel". Other than that no name on the blades or pkg.

EXCELLENT POST! Thank you for clarifying some very confusing issues. I like these blades but have been confused until now. :thumbup1:

In southern california, they're primarily sold in 5-packs at the 99 cents only chain stores under the personna brand and say made in israel on the back. They're literally everywhere. Walgreens carries them too, but under a different label and 3x the price. 99 cents only used to have the american ones but they've been phased out of the supply chain. For me, these work really well with cella (bbs with minimal effort) but they're incompatible with arko. I didn't make this discovery until recently because I always used arko.

Just an update: I've been using both Crystal+ and Personna's made in israel and so far the results are that the two blades are not the same, which would confirmthe discussion that the manufacturing plant in israel produces different specs per customer request. The Personna's are more favorable for me, much less drag and no burning/bleeding while the Crystal+ are less favorable. The good news is that Personna israel blades are available locally at the 99 cents only stores, but the bad news they're 5 for $1. But even better news is that these blades (from the 30 or so brands I've tested) are my #1 blade, coupled with Cella and a Vulfix 660 brush. Zero drag and an effortless bbs even going over it three times on my neck. I'll keep at it with the Crystal+ blades and report back in two days with a more conclusive answer, will give them another day in court.

The packaging for personna israeli blades is very standard and comes with a dispenser. 99% of them on the shelves are made in israel but they still have a few made in usa packages, which I would rate as barely acceptable.

View attachment 710903

Last edited:
Top Bottom