What's new

The Official Guide to Israeli Made DE Blades

Picked these up at local King Soopers

Blades_f.JPG
Blades_b.JPG

i just tried for the first time an israeli personna blade...got three weepers....tried the alum and the styptic and two sealed up...one needs a piece of toilet paper stuck to it.

I heard the qshave blades are actually the platinum chrome blue box. Can anyone confirm?

I doubt it, the "Apache" Personna sold by Qshave are supposedly Made in the US and have a titanium coating.
They are very good blades in my opinion. I was considering ordering more.

Where do the other Israeli made blades fit in? It seems to me that Viking Sword, QBall, TOMY, Edison and Royal could all be the same blades, for different markets. Are they the same as either Crystals or Platinum Chromes (Israeli Reds)?

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Nope, they are not the same. Crystals and Reds and Viking sword are different blades.
As to Tommy, Edison and Royal - I am not sure.

Are the good quality "Super Platinum" blades available anywhere? I purchased the 100 pack on eBay 10+ years ago and am on my last few blades.

Any recommendations for a comparable 100 pack?

Are the good quality "Super Platinum" blades available anywhere? I purchased the 100 pack on eBay 10+ years ago and am on my last few blades.

Any recommendations for a comparable 100 pack?
There's some still available on the 'zon. I've heard that Personna closed their plant in Israel and now produces all their blades in Germany, so I can't say with certainty these are Israeli-made Crystals. I like this blade a lot, and have stocked up on them in case they are discontinued, but have also sought out acceptable replacements.

If it helps, I found alternative happiness with the Gillette Platinum blade, but your experience may vary.

There's some still available on the 'zon. I've heard that Personna closed their plant in Israel and now produces all their blades in Germany, so I can't say with certainty these are Israeli-made Crystals. I like this blade a lot, and have stocked up on them in case they are discontinued, but have also sought out acceptable replacements.

If it helps, I found alternative happiness with the Gillette Platinum blade, but your experience may vary.
I picked these up too just to have some. I suspect these may be German made, but it's been probably 15 yrs or more since I bought Crystals (gave those away to a new shaver because I was using straights primarily). they don't feel quite the same as I remember Israeli Crystals feeling, but they're fine otherwise. and my opinion may simply be I used Crystals pretty early in my wet shaving and came back to them with a lot more experience.

I looked the Personnas on Amazon before and the reviews make me nervous. The reviews for the Gillette Platinum give the same vibe. I'm guessing it's because of Amazon's bulk stock practices.

I've never tried Razorbladesclub, but I'm guessing they'd be more likely to be be authentic and quality blades? I think I'll give the Personna Crystal a try and hope they are the same as the ones I have. I'm guessing, if they're not manufactured any more, Razorbladesclub has old stock.

I looked the Personnas on Amazon before and the reviews make me nervous. The reviews for the Gillette Platinum give the same vibe. I'm guessing it's because of Amazon's bulk stock practices.

I've never tried Razorbladesclub, but I'm guessing they'd be more likely to be be authentic and quality blades? I think I'll give the Personna Crystal a try and hope they are the same as the ones I have. I'm guessing, if they're not manufactured any more, Razorbladesclub has old stock.
I've only ordered from them once, and the blades were authentic.

I don't think the "Super Platinum" aka Crystals I have say Made in Israel on them but I'll double check when I get home from work.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Ordered the Personna Crystal from razorbladesclub. Pretty sure the 100 pack is cheaper than the pack I bought over a decade ago. And free shipping. Amazing.

A slight thread revival here, but it's not too long dead :letterk1: and I didn't want to create a new thread for the enquiry.

Thinking of buying some NOS Israeli Viking Sword blades.

What are your experiences with them? Are they decent blades?

Are they similar to Crystals?

I believe the VS, Reds, Eddisons and Tomys were all made at the old Nazareth plant but they may be a hierarchy of performance in the group?

Thoughts most welcomed.

Last edited:
A slight thread revival here, but it's not too long dead :letterk1: and I didn't want to create a new thread for the enquiry.

Thinking of buying some NOS Israeli Viking Sword blades.

What are your experiences with them? Are they decent blades?

Are they similar to Crystals?

I believe the VS, Reds, Eddisons and Tomys were all made at the old Nazareth plant but they may be a hierarchy of performance in the group?

Thoughts most welcomed.
Simon,

Glad you revived this as I honestly have no idea if any good blades are even still being made in Israel.

I have a huge cache of Israeli Personna Reds and Crystals and I know Personnas are now made in Germany and believe Crystals are discontinued. I may be wrong with the Crystals though.

To answer your actual question, I have tried Vikings Blades and honestly don’t remember much except they were good blades. I don’t recall if they were similar to Crystals or Israeli Reds. There was a PIF a few years back and I was sent a few to try.

Below is the PIF thread (it is excellent IMO) and it may contain the info you are looking for. There are almost 500 posts, so schedule some time. 🤪

Thread 'Participation PIF - Swinging The Legendary Viking's Sword Blade'
Participation PIF - Swinging The Legendary Viking's Sword Blade - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/participation-pif-swinging-the-legendary-vikings-sword-blade.597791/

Top Bottom