What's new

The Nib Acquisitions 2019

I got my first Pelican. I can see why they have a great rep, it just needs to be ground down to a Japanese EF.
proxy.php

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

20190322_122523.jpg
20190322_122646.jpg
My new Nemosine Fission came today Just in time as my new Pilot Metropolitan fell in the kitchen floor last night and the nib got bent.

Attachments

• 20190322_122523.jpg
    20190322_122523.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20190322_122646.jpg
    20190322_122646.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
I ordered another metro this morning before the Fission came. I'll have an extra converter now. I have 3 other pens coming in the next few days as well ..2 Diplomat Magnums (on sale $12.50 each and a Nemosine Singularity in marble blue (close out for $14.00).

I ordered another metro this morning before the Fission came. I'll have an extra converter now. I have 3 other pens coming in the next few days as well ..2 Diplomat Magnums (on sale $12.50 each and a Nemosine Singularity in marble blue (close out for $14.00).
I have several of both those pens. Nice ones over all. I like the Singularity a bit more than the Magnum, it has a better weight and feel in the hand, but the Magnum's nibs seem a bit smoother for the actual writing.

Last week I went to an estate sale. The belongings were those of an architect, possibly Swiss. Picked up a few pads of hotel stationery, a good stack of postcards, and an Aska 104 fountain pen. The pen is in okay shape but I can’t seem to get liquid through the feed. It’s been under water and a touch of ammonia for a few days.

The nib might not be an Aska though; does anyone recognize the logo?

proxy.php

I found a post on fpn from several years ago, with the same nib logo, and the discussion suggested it might be a Mont Blanc nib. That's the only reference I was able to locate at all, and there was not a definitive answer there either.

Also in March picked up a Lamy Al Star the SE from 2017 in Pacific blue. Came with a fine, switched my 1.1 off my other Al Star to it.

This morning...
Pilot Metropolitan in "Gold Zigzag", with medium nib.
100_6899.JPG

100_6900.JPG

I used it today, loaded with Iroshizuku Yama-guri.
Once I got used to it being so much lighter than the Nemosine Fission, I quite like it.
Nib is nice and smooth.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Got some parts at a recent Pen Posse get-together last Sunday ... bought some green caps (needed early clips and striped jewels from the 1930's). There was a mother lode of really old Parker parts -- kinda sad though as I'd known the person who had hoarded them over the years, RIP Susan Wirth. You can feel so much history holding a zip lock bag of about 100 broken Vacumatics, simply incredible.

For this project --> The Nib Acquisitions 2018

full

This arrived in just over a week via AliExpress. A kaweco copy in bright red. It's got what I'd describe as a proper medium size nib. A nice smooth experience and loaded with diamine poppy red, which seems brighter in this pen than my others. For price (£2.33) it's got no faults.

IMG_20190406_135308850_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20190406_135328031_HDR~3.jpg
IMG_20190406_135510997_HDR~2.jpg

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Newly arrived from Espana:

F225B548-270C-4CD9-8BB3-1C151FD6FB1D.jpeg

Custom cursive italic grind on a medium Jowo #6. Wow, I love it already! This bad boy went on my Conklin Duragraph and ups its game wonderfully. Those fpnibs.com guys did a great job. It writes very smoothly. I even got my initials engraved on it (hard to see with the glare in the pic). With shipping, it cost about the same as a stock Jowo stub from a US retailer. We’ll see how I like it over time, but I’m very pleased so far.

I went in on a lot of 3 Sheaffer's. Ended up with a Statesman, a Sentinel, and an Imperial III. I'm looking forward to giving them a good cleaning and topping them off with some 5 O'clock Shadow.

IMG_20190423_130927940.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I went in on a lot of 3 Sheaffer's. Ended up with a Statesman, a Sentinel, and an Imperial III. I'm looking forward to giving them a good cleaning and topping them off with some 5 O'clock Shadow.

Those are Touchdown fillers? Maybe a Triumph nib or two? Looking forward to the resto and nib shots!

Top Bottom