What's new

The Nib Acquisitions 2019

I found this blotter yesterday. Any input on the type or style? I could not find any maker's mark on it.
IMG_7433.jpg IMG_7434.jpg IMG_7435.jpg IMG_7436.jpg IMG_7437.jpg IMG_7438.jpg

Thanks

I thought I had recovered from my pen acquisition disorder, but then I saw a video of this little number and I couldn't resist.....
IMG_2150.jpg

REV579, that blotter looks like it might be too heavy and could cause you to suffer from carpel tunnel after very little use...so...just send it to me, so I can use it as a doorstop! :001_rolle

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
93F36F65-6A89-4625-9478-D3F688AF0A00.jpeg

Retro 51 “Tiger Shark” Tornado

I’m super excited to find this guy. The Tiger Shark has been discontinued for a couple years, but Bertram’s Inkwell had this one in the back. They also had the also-discontinued “Fortress” model based on the B-17. So if any of you history/aviation buffs are looking for these pens, that’s the place to find ‘em.

Samples from Goulet!
The Robert Oster Regular Best Sellers, Colerverse Quaser and Supernova, Diamine Blue Velvet and Damson, and a random sample of Noodler's Kiowa Pecan.

Now trying to decide which to use first...
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So, a year ago I bought a Pilot Metropolitan.

And some ink samples.

Okay, thirty ink samples.

And then 3 oz bottles of Noodlers Navajo Turquoise and Black Swan English Rose.

And then a bunch of Diamine 30 ml bottles.

And then a bunch of Jinhao 159s

And some Pilot Shin Kai

And then a NOS pilot elite and a gold nib elite to compare them, plus a user grade vintage Pilot gold nib I don’t even know the name of, plus some Wing sung 3008s, like a bunch of them, and a 601 and 698 for good measure.

I think I showed restraint.

Right?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
So, a year ago I bought a Pilot Metropolitan.

And some ink samples.

Okay, thirty ink samples.

And then 3 oz bottles of Noodlers Navajo Turquoise and Black Swan English Rose.

And then a bunch of Diamine 30 ml bottles.

And then a bunch of Jinhao 159s

And some Pilot Shin Kai

And then a NOS pilot elite and a gold nib elite to compare them, plus a user grade vintage Pilot gold nib I don’t even know the name of, plus some Wing sung 3008s, like a bunch of them, and a 601 and 698 for good measure.

I think I showed restraint.

Right?
More restraint than me!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pelikan M1000!

Congrats! I remember back to the first time I ever held one ... I just burst out laughing! The shop owner seemed a bit annoyed and asked me what was so funny. It was the nib, that thing was so huge and I'd never seen anything like it before. Amazing how it wrote -- somewhat springy and wet -- just humongous though. :001_rolle

Congrats! I remember back to the first time I ever held one ... I just burst out laughing! The shop owner seemed a bit annoyed and asked me what was so funny. It was the nib, that thing was so huge and I'd never seen anything like it before. Amazing how it wrote -- somewhat springy and wet -- just humongous though. :001_rolle

It is a bit massive isn't it? :)

I'm not complaining, though. Definitely nice and springy!

My mother had one of these in the 1970s and I remember trying to write as neatly as her with it, still now she's 87 her hand writing is way better than mine. Anyhow a made in the USA Cross century, black refills enroute.

s-l1600.jpg

New haul from Amazon. The Noodlers red ink was supposed to be red-black but they sent the wrong color. I couldn't resist the temptation and tried it, and ended up liking the color, so I guess I'll have to keep it and order another red-black.

book-pen.JPG

Sooooo.....I was in Manhattan yesterday, and I went to a fountain pen store just to get some paper. Well, in addition to the paper, I walked out with this vintage flex:

proxy.php

Top Bottom