What's new

The Nib Acquisitions 2018

Just ordered a Lamy Safari to hit same day shipping on Amazon for a couple other items I needed... Will report back when it's inked and I've had a chance to play with it a little.

Been playing with it for a few days now. Thoughts:
* It's light. It's about the lightest pen I have so far (not saying much, there).
* I like the bevels for indexing finger position.
* The Lamy blue is a little light for my taste, but flows smoothly and has some nice shading qualities.
* It's kinda noisy - almost sounds like writing with a pencil. The next noisiest pen I have is my Waterman Kultur "Phileas" that I picked up at the Musee de Marmotan in 2000.
* "Fine" is in the hand of the holder... The Lamy is barely finer than my Stypen (MINI Motoring Catalog 2003), but most of my "fine" pens aren't nearly as the Waterman. I would almost classify the Waterman as Extra Fine compared to the rest that I have.
* The black-tone nib takes getting used to.

Received a bottle of Noodler's Borealis Black with a Charlie from Mom for my birthday.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Found a Pelikan GO! for under $10 and it seems almost like new. Also known as the M75
A lower end piston filler for youths (now discontinued), smooth writer and even came filled with some black ink.

full

full

Ordered and received this last week a Lamy 2000 M Nib a long with a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Asa-gao Ink. On Rhodia paper, the Lamy 2000 is a joy to write on, ultra smooth. I found out the hard way that Pilot Iroshizuku Asa-gao is not the least bit water proof. Just the moisture on my hand from the humidity in the air proved devastating to what was already written on paper. Live and Learn, I must adhere to that motto!

Mom also sent me a bottle Colour Royale and Mass 54th bulletproof!

I think I'm set on inks for a while...

Ok, I picked up a Jinhao FP. $1.50 + tax... decent writing instrument, pretty flexible nib. WARNING: do leave nib down. It leaks into the cap and out past the clip. Other than that, for$1.50, it's a good buy. You call get a case for like $15 on the website if you want to give them away.

Got a Pilot Metropolitan Med nib along with a Sailor 1911 Large Fountain Pen - Fresca Blue Rhodium, 21K Gold Zoom Nib on the way, should be here the later part of next week. Yep, pretty stoked here!

Realised that I really need to improve my handwriting, as it's utterly [rude word]. So, looked at advice on this online, and here we are, I have a basic fountain pen, a Platinum Preppy, medium nib, with black ink. We'll see how I get on with it. So far, so good, anyhow: I can write with it ;) Whether it helps me to improve my handwriting is another story :D

proxy.php

Check out #RockYourHandwriting (Instagram and Facebook) for some tips and tricks, and what others are doing....

Not sure I'm in the right spot. So not exactly a new acquisition but found something that was stored away. A MontBlanc pen I received at work for years of service. A couple of pits but still in good shape.
WP_20180703_004.jpg
WP_20180703_005.jpg
WP_20180703_004.jpg
WP_20180703_005.jpg
WP_20180703_008.jpg
WP_20180703_008.jpg

Bought my first Fountain Pen and a half dozen ink cartridges yesterday. Pilot Metropolitan in black. Finished the first ink cartridge this afternoon.

This might get expensive.

Just received my Parker 21 today. I filled it and it wrote wonderful. My only issue was a bit of a crack in the barrel towards the back of the pen.

Don't have it in my hand but just ordered this afternoon, Waterman Carene, Black Lacquer Body with Gold Trim and Furniture, Medium Nib. Should be here by weeks end.

A Sailor King of Pens....picked up in Edmonton from Stylus a local shop.

Attachments

• 70FFA657-6D23-4D51-9422-D9565E01FE19.jpeg
    70FFA657-6D23-4D51-9422-D9565E01FE19.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom