What's new

The Measure of Man

Let me share my thoughts on Full Measure of a Man shaving cream. I had been turned off by negative reviews of its terrible stench, that it turned people orange, that it was so strong smelling that a brush for only this soap was a requirement, and a lot more horror stories. Those are all malarky. I found a tub of the Excelsior base at a big discount because it is not the new Omnibus base. I opened the lid and it was nothing special. It wasn't terrible, but nothing I'd pick and I like leather and bourbon. Then, I lathered up. Sanctified Bovine! Something happened! Scents that were not apparent began to come out all of a sudden. Tobacco, not the stinky cigarette or cigar that I was thinking, but instead the sweet smelling plants hung in a barn to cure before processing. Leather from my favorite leather recliner and a top tier bourbon with a vanilla note wrapped themselves around me and I sank into the familiar and much loved aromas. I smelled Sri Lankan cinnamon (true cinnamon) and other welcome scents, as well. I fell in love with this stuff once it was lathered and on my face. I keep going back and sniffing the brush. The scent stayed with me softly all day from my morning shave to my evening shower. This is a manly scent for sure, no soft men or women need apply. It has all of the things that remind me of my home library, baseball gloves, hunting boots and lodge, and so many things.

The shave was just what one would expect from Barrister and Mann...boringly excellent. I shave with a straight razor most of the time and a lot of soaps just don't cut it that work with other razors. This soap has me in love and I already have the new base version in my cart.

Let me share my thoughts on Full Measure of a Man shaving cream. I had been turned off by negative reviews of its terrible stench, that it turned people orange, that it was so strong smelling that a brush for only this soap was a requirement, and a lot more horror stories. Those are all malarky. I found a tub of the Excelsior base at a big discount because it is not the new Omnibus base. I opened the lid and it was nothing special. It wasn't terrible, but nothing I'd pick and I like leather and bourbon. Then, I lathered up. Sanctified Bovine! Something happened! Scents that were not apparent began to come out all of a sudden. Tobacco, not the stinky cigarette or cigar that I was thinking, but instead the sweet smelling plants hung in a barn to cure before processing. Leather from my favorite leather recliner and a top tier bourbon with a vanilla note wrapped themselves around me and I sank into the familiar and much loved aromas. I smelled Sri Lankan cinnamon (true cinnamon) and other welcome scents, as well. I fell in love with this stuff once it was lathered and on my face. I keep going back and sniffing the brush. The scent stayed with me softly all day from my morning shave to my evening shower. This is a manly scent for sure, no soft men or women need apply. It has all of the things that remind me of my home library, baseball gloves, hunting boots and lodge, and so many things.

The shave was just what one would expect from Barrister and Mann...boringly excellent. I shave with a straight razor most of the time and a lot of soaps just don't cut it that work with other razors. This soap has me in love and I already have the new base version in my cart.
I am a fan of this one. IIRC, this in Omnibus was my gateway into B&M.

Top Bottom