What's new

The McDonalds' Kiosk

They swap stickers and swipe a low-cost item for an expensive one.

If caught - they never are - it's a "mistake."

Theft losses are less than minimum wage swiper salaries, I guess.

AA
And the loss just gets passed along to those who are honest and pay.

At least they shared the germs on the touch screen.
:001_tt2:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Once I started nursing I was living proof that using standard or universal precautions worked. Many co-workers weren't so lucky.

Washing my hands only takes a minute. Waiting out a cold takes a week.

Ten years ago a friend lost his wife. She was a Critical Care nurse. MRSA.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Washing my hands only takes a minute. Waiting out a cold takes a week.

Ten years ago a friend lost his wife. She was a Critical Care nurse. MRSA.
That is ugly. People really don't have much of an idea of just how dangerous health care can be.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Because, on the way in, your hands are presumed to be "dirtier" then on the way out (assuming you wash up afterwards). Further, on the way out, after washing, you have the option to use the paper towel you dry your hands with as a buffer between your skin and the handle. Also, that whole building/fire code thing.

Dear friend you lost me after, "after washing"

An alarming percentage dont wash. Paper towels are not universally provided either.

FarmerTan

At least the employees always wash their hands.

If they bother to read the sign on the mirror.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Oy. Now look who's on a roll!

Ur in for it now

Buckle in!

proxy.php

I tend to avoid mcds like the plague unless im on a road trip. I think without research that breakfast items will kill you slower than regular menu items
as for self serve, ive used a kiosk at Panera bread once. I interfaced well enough with it but hate self serve retail. Shouldn't we get the employee discount?
at least the kiosk didn't ask me if i had been their before, wanted a 1/2 sandwich when i ask for a whole or if i want a .99 cent desert
Welcome to the result of NY fast food employees getting a minimum of $12.50 an hour upstate and $15 an hour in the city.

The entry level jobs are being replaced with new technology.

Even at Walmart now they keep 1 full service register open out of about 30, probably to sell tobacco. Besides that you need to check yourself out and 1 employee oversees about 10 registers. That’s 9 jobs gone or about $135 an hour in payroll.

Because, on the way in, your hands are presumed to be "dirtier" then on the way out (assuming you wash up afterwards). Further, on the way out, after washing, you have the option to use the paper towel you dry your hands with as a buffer between your skin and the handle. Also, that whole building/fire code thing.

My worst nightmare is bathrooms that don't have paper towels. Like 75% don't nowadays.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Welcome to the result of NY fast food employees getting a minimum of $12.50 an hour upstate and $15 an hour in the city.

The entry level jobs are being replaced with new technology.

Even at Walmart now they keep 1 full service register open out of about 30, probably to sell tobacco. Besides that you need to check yourself out and 1 employee oversees about 10 registers. That’s 9 jobs gone or about $135 an hour in payroll.
by this logic if im understanding correctly a $1 per hour wage would lead to full employment.
if only big corporations could reduce wages and implement more self service technology like kiosk registers might as well cement in the need for parents to support kids forever.

by this logic if im understanding correctly a $1 per hour wage would lead to full employment.
if only big corporations could reduce wages and implement more self service technology like kiosk registers might as well cement in the need for parents to support kids forever.
The logic is the higher the cost for low skill work the more likely it will be replaced.

Please don’t flame me for this...

Just throwing this out there and don’t want to sound political, but think of why many jobs moved out of western countries. It’s due to cost!

We’re in a global market nowadays and whoever can produce the widget cheaper, gets the jobs.

Service related industries like brick and mortar retail cannot offshore, but they still need to cut costs to be competitive with online retailers. As hourly wages go up, automation and self service become more attractive.

Basically, certain countries are pricing themselves out of jobs, but will not admit it.

FarmerTan

Please don’t flame me for this...

Just throwing this out there and don’t want to sound political, but think of why many jobs moved out of western countries. It’s due to cost!

We’re in a global market nowadays and whoever can produce the widget cheaper, gets the jobs.

Service related industries like brick and mortar retail cannot offshore, but they still need to cut costs to be competitive with online retailers. As hourly wages go up, automation and self service become more attractive.

Basically, certain countries are pricing themselves out of jobs, but will not admit it.
True.

Top Bottom