What's new

The McDonalds' Kiosk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And let's not forget those sticky menus at sit down restaurants! Oh...the humanity!

I'm gonna eat at home all the time now....

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Touch screens should not be placed in bathrooms

And why are most mens room doors designed to pull in rather than push out?
Most bathrooms I have seen are in a hallway, and most codes don’t allow doors to open into a hallway.

Doors? Seems lots of places i visit don't have doors on the washrooms, just offset walls so no one can see into the secret hall without first traveling the maze.

And at the other end places with only one washroom for everyone, no secrets.
dave

This is a great thread, but it’s amazing how far we have strayed from Mickey Ds.

Let’s keep it going!

Anyone here ride the NYC subway system? I’m sure the grab bars on the subway cars are the home for germs and bacteria not even discovered yet.
:001_tongu

Anyone here ride the NYC subway system? I’m sure the grab bars on the subway cars are the home for germs and bacteria not even discovered yet.
:001_tongu
I try not to hold on. With years of practice, I now can do a great balancing act.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm with @Rhody : we need to change the codes! Who's with me?

jack-nicholson-randle-patrick-mcmurphy-attending-group-thera.jpg

And why are most mens room doors designed to pull in rather than push out?

Because, on the way in, your hands are presumed to be "dirtier" then on the way out (assuming you wash up afterwards). Further, on the way out, after washing, you have the option to use the paper towel you dry your hands with as a buffer between your skin and the handle. Also, that whole building/fire code thing.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Proves you are not a real crazy in my professional opinion........

I never agree with my professional opinion, or is it, my professional opinion never agrees with me? I can never remember and the older I get the less I care. :)

I have gotten into the habit in the last 2-3 years of not touching my face, rubbing my eyes etc. until after I've got home and washed my hands. I do that as soon as I come in the door from doing any shopping or whatever. I think its a good habit to learn but it does take discipline.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Local Taco Bell just put 'em in; hate it.

Same with Wallyworld's robo-checkout: local hoods misuse on purpose to pay .29 for a steak.

AA :07:

FarmerTan

I never agree with my professional opinion, or is it, my professional opinion never agrees with me? I can never remember and the older I get the less I care. :)

I have gotten into the habit in the last 2-3 years of not touching my face, rubbing my eyes etc. until after I've got home and washed my hands. I do that as soon as I come in the door from doing any shopping or whatever. I think its a good habit to learn but it does take discipline.
I became very conscious of needlessly touching my face after taking microbiology in kollege.

My incidence of catching crud in the winter has gone WAY down.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My incidence of catching crud in the winter has gone WAY down.

I think I've had one cold in the last 10 years. Since about the time a friend stopped bringing it over for me to catch from his 3 kids in school. He made an excellent carrier for several years lol.

FarmerTan

I think I've had one cold in the last 10 years. Since about the time a friend stopped bringing it over for me to catch from his 3 kids in school. He made an excellent carrier for several years lol.
When I was a hairdresser I used to think that I would build up immunities from my customer base, which may have been true.

Once I started nursing I was living proof that using standard or universal precautions worked. Many co-workers weren't so lucky.

Top Bottom