What's new

The lkon thread

I thought I would try a different razor than my Gillette SS and Gillette adjustable so figured an Ikon Slant would be a great addition. Trouble is seems any online place I look doesn't have them in stock.

Anyone know a place that's still selling them?

I like the idea of ATT being supplied with 3 different heads, but at $299, it is a bit steep. Will the Ikon be good enough for me or should I just bite the bullet and get the ATT? BTW I am coming from a Merkur Vision and I use the Vision fully open. I almost bought the Ikon Standard Bar before I saw the ATT. Now I am torn.

The only Ikon I have is the Shavecraft 101.
But I do have an ATT M1 with both handles.
Flawless craftmanship.
I don't think you could go wrong.
And .. they have a money back guarantee

A no-brainer for me.

I have had many Ikons OC SB & Slant and have sold the all and every other razor for that matter as well in favor of the ATT Yes it costs a few bucks more but consider is in 100% machined and the Ikon head is sintered. It is made in the USA not Thailand and the owner of ATT is one of the very best and nicest people to do business with as opposed to the Ikon owner who is....lets just so not so nice. Lastly I really feel for me anyway the ATT system gives me the best shaves
Good Luck!

ATT all the way. I placed the order on sunday for ATT H2. I will review once i get the product.

H2- Open comb
H1- Closed comb agresive
R1- Medium aggressive
M1 - Mild

Congrats on choosing what very well might be the finest quality safety razor made today.

As far as handle choice, I think you will find a relatively even split between Atlas and Kronos fans. It just depends on your preference. And now you have to consider the Colossus too!!!

I've been using the iKon Deluxe OC with a Bulldog handle and love the feel of it. However, I'm thinking I may need to give the ATT M2 with the Atlas handle a try. Any experience from anyone with both?

I have an iKon OSS. The one with the open/closed comb head. Does anyone who has used this razor and the ATT line up happen to know what the equivalent ATT head would be? I'm curious if I'd be looking at the M, R or H level heads.

I've also got the iKon OSS and enjoy the Deluxe OC better. I'd be interested in an equivalent ATT head for it, as I'm thinking the M2 would be a good place to start.

I have an Atlas H2 and Ikon's Slant and OSS baseplate/head on UFO handles. I don't have any issues with the Ikons, but I do prefer the ATT.

Looks like your choice in Ikons would be somewhat limited anyway, as it appears that the OSS is no longer being produced and the Slant is out of stock for an indefinite period.

Top Bottom