What's new

The lkon thread

I've never used a Shavecraft but I own a Weber. All Stainless Steel razor at a fantastic price. A really smooth shaving razor. The bulldog handle also fits many other three piece razors. I used the handle on both my R41's. The razor sings to you as you mow down the whiskers.

I have both the Weber and SC101. For me, they are both very close in aggressiveness and performance. I tend to reach for the SC101 more often than the Weber because the finish of the head glides across my face better than the Weber. You can't go wrong with either one though.

Edit: I've heard some concerns about the Aluminum head on the iKon, I'm not really worried about it myself.

Last edited:
For me, the Weber is a better shaver while being a tad more aggressive. I just didn't get on with the Shavecraft, at all. However, you may find it differently. The only way to really know is to try both. You can always get a Shavecraft head to go with the whole Weber razor, then make a decision. Good luck.

I have both, and find them equal to the task.
Weber is heavier and bombproof.
Shavecraft just seems to be smoother on the face .. might be the aluminum. My Standard feels the same way.
Weber is just a touch more aggressive .. but I have never nicked myself with either.
Planning as the only take-away after the apocalypse goes to Weber.
'Cooler' looking .. what, with open and closed combs .. Shavecraft.

My beard is less barbwire .. more graying macho spikey bunny fur :001_smile

Both are great razors. Choose what you really want and you will be happy. At the end of the day it is you that will be shaving with it. Let us know how you decide and how you like it. Congrats in advance for adding a great razor to your collection. Happy Shaving!!!

Maybe stop off in Pasteur and handle some of real internationally recognized brands.

Big span on quality when you handle the products up close.

This might have been discussed in other threads but my searches did not yield what I wanted. I have an SC 101. How does it compare to the OSS?

I have both as well as the ikon OC. The SC 101 feels slightly milder than the OSS open comb side; the OC side of the OSS is a tiny bit more aggressive and has a touch more bite. The guard bar side of the OSS is less aggressive than the 101, quite mild, so can be nice for a final pass. While there is some difference in aggressiveness between the sides of the OSS, there really is none with the 101. Both sides shave the same.

I like the smoothness of the 101 which is why I have kept it in my rotation. I usually make my first pass wth the 101 then finish up with the OSS. Sometimes, I just shave with the 101.

The ikon open comb is more aggressive than all of them; but not as aggressive as a 2013 muhle R41.

Hope this helps. Fwiw, that video is 18 min long… so I just saved you 17 min.

Last edited:
Thank you, Jayhawk and Stubblefield. Very helpful from both of you.

I have an R41 2013 and love it. I can get a BBS in two passes. My 101 (which I like and find somewhat mild--everything else is now compared to my Beast) takes two to three passes with touch ups but leaves my face less irritated compared to my R41. I was wondering if the OSS might be a bit more in between the 101 and R41, respectively.

Thank you, Jayhawk and Stubblefield. Very helpful from both of you.

I have an R41 2013 and love it. I can get a BBS in two passes. My 101 (which I like and find somewhat mild--everything else is now compared to my Beast) takes two to three passes with touch ups but leaves my face less irritated compared to my R41. I was wondering if the OSS might be a bit more in between the 101 and R41, respectively.
It is, and it will still leave you with an irritation--free shave. I like to use it as a finisher, since it gives very smooth and close shaves.

I'd rank their aggressiveness this way:

R41>IKON OC>IKON OSS> Shavecraft101

I find the IKON OC to be a touch irritating, but not really all that much. It is just more aggressive than the OSS, so you have to use a little care. Gives a very close shave tho. Since you have an R41, there would be no need for the OC. You could probably pick up an OCC baseplate and topcap since they will work with the Shavecraft handle. The do come up on the BST.

i also am not fond of the oss and find the 101 a bit more aggressive and i like much more aggressive razors most of the time. i do actually really like the 101 but the one i had the threads stripped on it. i tried buying another new one from a popular vendor and when i got it the threads were already messed up somewhat so i sent it back and simply got a refund. if you get the 101 be very careful with the threads, its a great razor but can strip pretty easy. i was using it with the oss handle from ikon when it stripped out.

The wave handle is awesome. The knurling on it is grippier then the Weber bulldog. Feels so nice in the hand with the thumb on the smooth wave and pointer finger on the knurling.

Top Bottom