What's new

The League Of Leg Shavers

My wife has shaved her legs three times with my DE razor and MW soap. She likes Astras and Gillette 7 O'Clock SP blades. She really gets a good shave this way. Today I ordered her Klars Ladies Shaving Soap and an Omega Mixed Midget brush. I hope she likes it and continues shaving this way. I was thinking that a shave stick would be good for women's legs. What do you gals (and guys) think? Also, mug lathering or leg lathering? Thanks.

They are brand new! One of these days I will get one.

http://www.weberrazor.com/

Oh, they're just sort of exclusively available. That explains why I've not seen them on any of the other shopping sites.

Is anyone brave enough to shave their underarms with a DE? I have a feeling I'll be keeping the cartridge razors on for that... (though to be honest with you, my cartridge razors have always had a double life... once they're no longer sharp enough for the underarms, they're still fine for my legs. So I'm going to feel like I'm wasting them now, lol.)I a

l also know I'm going to be resisting the urge to try to get my former partner into DE shaving. It seems it'd be right up his alley... though my guess is that in the end he'd drop it because I think he simply wouldn't want to spend the time most days of the week (or else he'd end up slitting his own throat in an attempt to hurry...).

Oh, they're just sort of exclusively available. That explains why I've not seen them on any of the other shopping sites.

Is anyone brave enough to shave their underarms with a DE? I have a feeling I'll be keeping the cartridge razors on for that... (though to be honest with you, my cartridge razors have always had a double life... once they're no longer sharp enough for the underarms, they're still fine for my legs. So I'm going to feel like I'm wasting them now, lol.)I a

l also know I'm going to be resisting the urge to try to get my former partner into DE shaving. It seems it'd be right up his alley... though my guess is that in the end he'd drop it because I think he simply wouldn't want to spend the time most days of the week (or else he'd end up slitting his own throat in an attempt to hurry...).

I have shaved my underarms with a DE since I started using them.
There isn't much danger, you just have to get used to it.

So what is everyone's setup as far as lathering? Do you bowl lather, leg lather? I would imagine there might be some functional differences in shaving in the bath/shower (balancing stuff on the edge of the tub, etc.) as opposed to standing dry in front of a mirror with your kit set up on the counter in front of you?

I'm a tub-shaver only (I've learned the hard way that I need to, because I can keep my legs underwater to keep them warm until I'm ready to shave; otherwise they get cold, I get goosebumps, and then I shave off the tops of the goosebumps and have a bunch of red spots all over my legs) and have been thinking of trying to find or make a lather bowl that floats in the tub. Kind of a "the world is my scuttle" sort of thing-- why have a separate scuttle when the tub water can keep the lather warm? Also has the advantage of not having to balance the bowl on the edge of the tub and try not to knock it off (there's not a whole lot of space on my tub edges). Any ideas?

So what is everyone's setup as far as lathering? Do you bowl lather, leg lather? I would imagine there might be some functional differences in shaving in the bath/shower (balancing stuff on the edge of the tub, etc.) as opposed to standing dry in front of a mirror with your kit set up on the counter in front of you?

I'm a tub-shaver only (I've learned the hard way that I need to, because I can keep my legs underwater to keep them warm until I'm ready to shave; otherwise they get cold, I get goosebumps, and then I shave off the tops of the goosebumps and have a bunch of red spots all over my legs) and have been thinking of trying to find or make a lather bowl that floats in the tub. Kind of a "the world is my scuttle" sort of thing-- why have a separate scuttle when the tub water can keep the lather warm? Also has the advantage of not having to balance the bowl on the edge of the tub and try not to knock it off (there's not a whole lot of space on my tub edges). Any ideas?

When I'm Shaving my Legs I Don't Use A Mirror, Although I Could Use one for the back of my legs.
I Don't Shave In A Bath tub As I Shower. (Don't shave in there either.)
Now For Lathering:
Right Now I Use A Bowl For Lathering Soap before I apply it to my skin, And for my Creams I Put some on a wet shaving brush and build the Lather Directly on my skin. (Since I'm not very good at Lathering cream in a mug yet)
I'm Sorry but I Can't Answer your Question about balancing a bowl on the tub, maybe someone else can.
Best Wishes!!

I bidded on this on The Bay, And Won.
I was Wondering if any legshavers use this razor, And What their Opinion is.

I'm not sure if this makes me a leg shaver, but my wife just had me shave her lower legs for her. I've never done that before, and I'm middle-aged! Kinda fun!

Same with Mrs. Kilroy. Being the constant gentleman, I offered to take care of her legs during our beach trip last summer. All I had was my travel Tech. She loved the closeness....... of the shave that is. For Christmas I got her a Lady Gillette. With it came an, umm.... in depth tutorial, and free leg shaves for life whenever she wants them.

I had my first shave today! WOW it was just wonderful. It took me freaking for ever since its been almost 4 months since I last shaved. The derby blade worked great and I only got three or four tiny nicks and only one hurt. It was down by my right ankle. One nick was a learning experience. I didn't have a good enough hold on the razor and it just moved to the side a tiny bit. Oh well. It really didn't even bleed at all. I used my pencil on the nick by my ankle. Gosh that stung but only lasted for a second.
When I first started out I noticed I was thinking WAY too much about it and not just enjoying it. That was a big help and made things a lot smoother. Also I was holding it closer to the end of the handle and I kept noticing that it would loosen the butterfly. After finding where I like to have my hands and making sure the butter fly was tighten all the way I didn't have any problems.
The Proraso white was wonderful. I loved the smell, feel, how it lathered, and everything about it. I used the pre/post and cream.
I even shaved my arm pits and it probably one of the best shaves for that area too.
The best tip I got before shaving was doing a cool down after the shave. WOW that really made a difference. I used to shave then shower then put lotion on. If I didn't break out after shaving I would in the shower. Today I showered then shaved and once I was done with an area did a cool down. I had a towel in cool water then just wrapped it around the area. Gosh it felt great. I wish someone had told me to do that 15 yrs ago when I first started shaving.
I was proud that I didn't waste must lather. From watching my husband, and many youtube videos I have learned a little can go a long way. It did for me. For both legs and arm pits I used about an almond size amount. Was just perfect for me and I did two pasts on my legs.
I did listen to some music while shaving. I started a thread to see who listens and who doesn't. I did notice that I turned the music down so I would be able to hear the blade cut my hair. I really like that sound.
I told my husband that I am hook and thanked him for getting me into this.
I can see where people would want to upgrade or get more scents. I think farther down the road I will get a badger brush and 3 piece razor. Not sure about scents though. I am so sensitive to smells, perfumes, etc that once I have something I like I usually don't go away from it. My husband has some almond scented soaps that I will probably try out.
MMMM Gosh my legs feel so good. I hope when I have to shave more often for summer that I am still able to have a shave that feels this good.

Ok girls I need your help ( and I am sure this has been addressed already, pls indulge me).
My better half uses a Astra blade in her lady gillette
she usually gets 2 shaves from one blade. Other than using a sampler pack. What blade does the best job for legs? She's done some Internet research and thinks the feather will do the job. Any ideas?

Wow! I usually get astras to last longer than that.
now to answer your Question.
There isn't a Definitive answer, because every person is Different.
I Generally get great shaves from Crystal Blades, But by the sounds of it, this blade may be too mild for your better half.
Maybe she should try Feathers, But I would Recommend A Sampler pack.
You and her could always make up a sampler pack of your own, by ordering packs of different blades to try, but it might be cheaper to go with a Regular Sampler.
Hope this Helps.
By the way, any Pictures of the Lady Gillette?
Personna labs (5pk) are great too.

Wow! I usually get astras to last longer than that.
now to answer your Question.
There isn't a Definitive answer, because every person is Different.
I Generally get great shaves from Crystal Blades, But by the sounds of it, this blade may be too mild for your better half.
Maybe she should try Feathers, But I would Recommend A Sampler pack.
You and her could always make up a sampler pack of your own, by ordering packs of different blades to try, but it might be cheaper to go with a Regular Sampler.
Hope this Helps.
By the way, any Pictures of the Lady Gillette?
Personna labs (5pk) are great too.
I will have a pic on my gallery pg within the hour. (She already wants another one de)

Great thread!

Okay, this is probably a ridiculous question, but where does one get one of these Webers everyone loves so much? Are they a vintage?
New from this Century 2010 70 bucks, buy them at
proxy.php
http://weberrazor.hostedbyamazon.com/

proxy.php

I bidded on this on The Bay, And Won.
I was Wondering if any legshavers use this razor, And What their Opinion is.

Nice to find a thread with some other lady DE shavers out there!

I have two razors myself, a Lady Gillette and the Merkur 180/23c, and I actually prefer the Merkur. I like the look of the Lady Gillette with the vintage factor, but I find that the shaves I'm getting from the Merkur feel a bit smoother. The long handle is great and it isn't slippery. It's really a nice fit for leg shaving.

Nice to find a thread with some other lady DE shavers out there!

I have two razors myself, a Lady Gillette and the Merkur 180/23c, and I actually prefer the Merkur. I like the look of the Lady Gillette with the vintage factor, but I find that the shaves I'm getting from the Merkur feel a bit smoother. The long handle is great and it isn't slippery. It's really a nice fit for leg shaving.

Thanks! I've Wonder about the merkurs Handle.

Top Bottom