What's new

The League Of Leg Shavers

I honestly doubt she'll have any issues. I think most people make it harder than it is. I've nicked myself once and that was a tiny nick the first time I used a Feather and decided to shave while distracted. I'm a shower shave most of the time (sharing one while shaving!) and never have issues.

My SWMBO converted to DE shaving a few years ago (WOOT! No more expensive-as-hell Venus cartridges). She much prefers forgiving razors such as the RRSS, Tech, or Black Beauty @ 3-ish as they have a very specific shaving angle. Deviate from this angle and there will be no cutting performed...as opposed to using a Muhle R41 at the wrong angle which will result in a bloodbath.

I just started wet shaving my legs. Years of cartridges and razor burn and cuts. My SO bought me a Maggard MR 18 and some Stirling soaps. I'm very happy about this change in routine.

Also I thought this was going to be inexpensive until I saw the Muhle rose gold plated DE razor and brush set. Now I'm drooloing. I must have it soon.

Welcome to the abyss.

You'll find few here who are not enablers.

You can also get razors replated in gold; I don't know of any active rose gold replaters that I would recommend currently (onotoman is on break).

I keep thinking of buying another Super Adjustable for when my daughter grows up. A modern equivalent would be a Merkur 34 with a long handle, or some kind of long handled Weishi (or a Feather Popular). Sadly, I haven't seen many modern razors that I really like, although I toy with the idea of a Feather AS-D2 (mild, high quality, and expensive!).

I'm looking to acquire a new razor. I'd like something more aggressive than my Parker and my Gillette blue tip. Suggestions? I prefer using Polsilver blades but use Dorco since we have a ton. I'm not keen on the combs and am not sure what they do anyway.

I'm looking to acquire a new razor. I'd like something more aggressive than my Parker and my Gillette blue tip. Suggestions? I prefer using Polsilver blades but use Dorco since we have a ton. I'm not keen on the combs and am not sure what they do anyway.

Do you want/need a long handle or are you open to standard handles? If so, how about a Red Tip superspeed?

How many passed do you all do when leg shaving? i.e. Lather, shave, rinse, repeat?

I'm used to a one pass kind of thing with disposable razors but I'm finding that when I do this I am having spots I shaved. I think it's more from not enough practice with getting the right angle but I wanted to pose the question. Should I always do multiple passes?

I do multiple passes because my razor is so mild. Feather and Polsilver blades cut down (hah!) the number of passes but I still need to do multiple. I'm hoping a more aggressive razor will help.

How does the red tip differ from the blue tip which looks nearly identical?

:)

The superspeed came in 3 "flavors". The blue tip is mild, the flare tip (silver) is average, and the red tip is aggressive.

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Q: is a Red Tip actually heavier weight, as the ad says? I know they cut closer.

Seems they are designed for heavier stubble; maybe the ad flak and the artist crossed signals.

Love the artwork; saved it!

AA

Crosspost from Bikini questions as people thought I may get a better response here!

Hi ladies,
I just had my first DE shave. Only my usual knee nicks; this is the first time I've shaved my bikini line with no nicks, razor burn, or skin irritation! My kit arrived with the wrong handle and after emailing customer care, the lovely people at Maggard immediately sent me a replacement and told me to keep the other as a spare! (Talk about good customer service!) So, now I have several questions about the bikini area:
A) Since I have a second handle, should I order a v2 OC for my bikini line? Is this safe/advisable?
B) If I do order an open comb, which should I pair it with, the MR18 or the MRP?
C) Which shaving soaps, shaving creams and aftershaves are safe to use "down there"?

Thanks! :)

Hi all,

I saw @InkyPoetess post elsewhere, so I thought I'd check this thread out, as I tend to shave my underarms, so I thought there might be some useful info here, plus, despite being a chap, I might have some useful information on the bikini area, since a do need to trim my equivalent of it every now and then to eliminate underwear edge pull.

A) Since I have a second handle, should I order a v2 OC for my bikini line? Is this safe/advisable?
B) If I do order an open comb, which should I pair it with, the MR18 or the MRP?
C) Which shaving soaps, shaving creams and aftershaves are safe to use "down there"?

I have the Maggard v2 OC head and can recommend it for grooming of underarms and nether area. It's very efficient, but also quite mild. I tend to use a very shallow angle and it mows down just about any growth length with ease.
Another, very similar head in terms of comfort snd efficiency, is the iKon ShaveCraft 101.
As a part of my recent experiment with a bunch of razors I have, I ended with a part shaven belly, upper legs a shoulders. The Maggard OC v2 and the iKon 101 I practically could't feel on my skin, but hair just disappeared.

As far as handles go, I'd recommend trying to mix and match and see what feels most comfortable in the hand. A slightly different grip might suit different handle/head combinations.

Regarding soaps, my preference is for those with very short ingredient list, as they seem least irritating regardless of area shaved. Even a bath soap might be suitable, as long as it stays on long enough to provide the glide required. Just yesterday, I have used Savon de Marseille when shaving underarms with great success. I just rubbed the bar on well and shaved. SueZBana shaving soap is kind to my skin, and I use it for both face and bodily grooming.

I use alcohol based aftershaves or a pure which hazel solution, as I find they help calm the skin down and I don't need to apply deodorant afterwards (though I tend to do this on Saturdays and they are my off days, meaning I'm mostly at home, chilling).

Hope this helps a little.

I don’t know where to post this, but I sure hope someone will see it. I am very new to using a DE razor, so I could use any pointers from someone experienced, please. I do not feel like I am getting as close a shave with my razor as I did with a cartridge razor. Could it be the blade I am using? I have a Merkur 34C, and I am just using the blade that came free with it. I would love to order blades, but I have no idea if I want mild, aggressive, etc. I am thinking mild may not be a good idea if I am currently not getting a close enough shave. I am very open to suggestions and excited to talk with someone who knows! I really enjoy learning about DE razors but can’t find many women talking about them. Thank you!

Top Bottom