What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Tarantula: It was on ME TV: It was killed by this airplane

T-33 Shooting Star, airplane.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Odd Couple was on TCM last night. I watch it every few years. For the past 30 years whenever I work at home I wear a Mets cap like Oscar. Since March I spend a few hours a day in Zoom meetings. Here's my Zoom meeting pic that I put up so people think I'm paying attention during meetings when I'm actually sitting in my recliner with my feet up and eyes closed, listening with one ear. They gotta figure no one would put a photo this bad up, so it must be me, live, and not a photo.
zoom jwhite.JPG

The Odd Couple was on TCM last night. I watch it every few years. For the past 30 years whenever I work at home I wear a Mets cap like Oscar. Since March I spend a few hours a day in Zoom meetings. Here's my Zoom meeting pic that I put up so people think I'm paying attention during meetings when I'm actually sitting in my recliner with my feet up and eyes closed, listening with one ear. They gotta figure no one would put a photo this bad up, so it must be me, live, and not a photo.
View attachment 1167548
if you're really anxious to make people think you're paying attention, there's this guy:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
if you're really anxious to make people think you're paying attention, there's this guy:
That was something. I could use a loop that has me move my head and blink every so often. I'd only use it in meetings where there are many people and where I'm seldom expected to contribute, which is what I use the bad photo for now. In small meetings I need to be live and present.

I liked this version so much better than the modern werewolf movies.
There's a reason it was and is a classic. Lon Chaney was reportedly proud of his work in this, and that no one else in his lifetime ever played the character of Larry Talbot.

The new version from 2010 with Benicio del Toro at least had the saving grace that they kept the character's name intact.

Early this a.m. I finished Dishonored Lady, a drama with crime elements (not really a noir) from 1947. Hedy Lamarr plays an art editor for a NY magazine, though she is well-to-do in her own right. But her personal life is a mess. Deciding on her psychiatrist's advice to change her life completely, she ditches the job, moves to a new apartment, and makes a go of being a painter. Dennis O'Keefe plays her downstairs neighbor, a research scientist, who hires her to sketch blood cells for a paper he is writing, and they fall in love. But elements from her old life are still waiting to drag her back in . . . and a murder trial lurks in her future.

A good drama, if you can ignore the unrealistic elements -- in police procedure, for example. Hedy is lovely and convincing throughout.

The Half of It on Netflix. Amy Wu-directed coming of age, Cyrano de Bergerac set in small town Oregon or some place set in the 2020s. Very sweet, but tightly put together. An award winner as I recall.

The Nevadan. Randolph Scott builds a railroad from Virginia City to Carson City, Nevada. One faction tried to stop him, through intimidation, explosions, robberies, even murder, but he and his gang get the job done.

Top Bottom