What's new

The last Comedian you saw live?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No idea of his name. It was at a little club inside the "Holly Hotel" that was just destroyed by fire on Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Victorian architecture. Over a hundred years old....kinda sad.

I think we ever saw three comedians live:
The very best of all George Carlin, November 2007, about 7 months before he died. Absolutely the greatest ever.
Daniel Tosh and then Randy Rainbow were the two other ones.
I saw Carlin around that time too. Incredible, was worth the ticket price just to see an audience member storm out and throw their program on the stage as they left. He truly was the very best.

Seinfeld April 2018, Kimmel Center - Philadelphia. We were in the 3rd row, was a great show. You always want to be to his right (left hand side of seating). He favors this side by 15 or so degrees for a lot of the show.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Rodney Dangerfield at the Ambassador in Lost Wages around 1981.

Rodney started calling a guy in the front row a Puerto Rican and insulting his wife, and they started going back and forth, when the guy lost it and jumped up on the stage and went after him. A couple of bouncers grabbed him and carried him out kicking and screaming, Rodney insulting him all the way out the door, with the entire audience of over 600 roaring in laughter.

It's called stand-up comedy, Mr. Will Smith.

~doug~

I saw Keillor 40 years ago. That makes me feel old.
He has been around for quite awhile, and quit or “retired” more than once. It was around 15 years ago for me, and we brought our youngest daughter with us. She had never heard of him, and she enjoyed the show.

The only live comedian my wife and I remember seeing was Martin Mull, probably late 70s/early 80s. We were huge fans of Mary Hartman, Fernwood Tonight and America 2-Night at the time.

Last comedian I saw was yesterday. My line manager to take a different week off for annual leave instead of next week, as we're short staffed. No way holiday booked.

John Cleese was here in February, not really a comedy show as such but he sort of lectured about the absurdity of life, then did a Q&A. Before that, pre-C19 we saw Michael McIntyre who seems people either really like or really hate. I'm not keen on his TV show but stand up he was quite funny.

We saw Rich Hall's Hoedown Deluxe the other night. The first half is his regular standup and the second half is with his band playing comedy songs to country/"Hoedown" music (Rich lives between the UK and Montana). Fantastic show

Top Bottom