What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Not 100% italian shave. It will never be unless I find an Italian blade.

Italian :
Universal shavette
Proraso white soap and green aftershave

Non - Italian:
Shark blade
Razorock Big Bruce
IMG_20181007_172451-picsay.jpg

Not 100% italian shave. It will never be unless I find an Italian blade.

Italian :
Universal shavette
Proraso white soap and green aftershave

Non - Italian:
Shark blade
Razorock Big Bruce
Haha - we almost had the exact same shave today, although I did use an honorary Italian blade.

Oct 7: Italian Sunday Straight Shave

Lather: Proraso White (green tea and oatmeal)
Brush: Proraso Professional (27/57mm)
Razor: Universal Rasoio a Mano Libera Lama Intera 7/8
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [33]

Went (almost) all-Italian today. Great scent on the Proraso White, although out of all three, it generates the least lather. The Red and Green lather profusely, and this one is just OK. Still enough for 4+ passes, but it's just not as decadent as the other two.

Time to retire the Bolzano in the Universal. Not enough exposure compared with the Spilo, which shaved me closer yesterday with the same blade and number of passes. I'll dedicate this blade to the Spilo for as long as it still works.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD :001_wub::
Razor: 1980's Fatip Classic
Blade: Bolzano (2)
Brush: Omega 10810
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
Aftershave: SV 70th Anniversary (splash)
022_50.jpg

SOTD:
Fatip piccolo
Platinum Gillette blade
Proraso boar (love this brush)
Prep shaving cream (so nice this italian cream too)
Proraso Aftershave

IMG_20181016_083518.jpg

BUMP

Where did everyone go? :001_rolle
I am here. :D

My Italian arsenal is composed by : Fatip razors (Grande, Piccolo and Gentile) ; Proraso Red/green/white soaps, Intesa aftershave cream and Proraso green aftershave.

Today I used only the Fatip Gentile.

20% All Italian SOTD

German Brush:
Tiny Shavemac Silvertip D01
English Soap: Wickham 1912
Canadian Razor: BOSC 3F by Karve
Russian Blade: Astra SP (9)
Italian ASL: Proraso Red
upload_2019-2-24_21-40-28.png

Greetings! I've been on an overly extended sabbatical. I will be stopping by and catching up with you gentlemen.

Feb 23: All-Italian Saturday Straight Shave

Lather: RazoRock The Stallion
Brush: Omega 10049 "Pro-49" (27/64mm)
Razor: King Metal X-Razor (Italian shavette)
Blade: Bolzano Superinox half blade [27]

The shave was perfect. You can never go wrong with anything Italian when it comes to shaving. This all-stainless X-Razor shavette is my biggest surprise. It has monster exposure, but just sits right in the hand. This one demands solid technique. Unfortunately, the all-aluminum version seems to have been discontinued. They now make the same razor with a plastic handle and stainless everywhere else.

proxy.php

Feb 24: Sunday Italian Straight Shave

Lather: RazoRock The Stallion
Brush: Omega 10049 "Pro-49" (27/64mm)
Razor: Universal Rasoio a Mano Libera Lama Intera 8/8
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum [26]

Minor change for today - I used the full Bic Chrome Platinum blade I've been using in my DEs lately. It's sharper than the half-Bolzano I've been using in my shavettes. Not that the Bolzano shaves are rough, but the sharper Bic was noticeably smoother. Maybe I'll just retire the Bolzano ... I still have enough blades to possibly last the rest of my life.

proxy.php

60% All Italian SOTD

German Brush:
Tiny Shavemac Silvertip D01 2-Band Bulb
Italian Soap: Proraso Red
Italian Razor: Fatip Butterscotch
Japanese Blade: Feather (1)
Italian ASL: Proraso Red
upload_2019-4-12_4-11-56.png
:001_wub:

Apr 12: Italian Brush, Soap and Balm

Lather: RazoRock Zi' Peppino
Razor: Enders Speed Shaver
Blade: Personna Injector [5]
Balm: Proraso Blue Crema Liquida Dopobarba

Second shave with the Enders Speed Shaver and it was just as good as the first. In a nutshell, this is a better injector. I love the efficiency of the Schick Type Es and F, but secretly wish that they had the longer, more ergonomic handle of the Hydro-Magic. The Enders has the best qualities of both. The Type Gs have the worst of both (less efficient head and shorter handle).

Yesterday, a friend was saying he'd rather shave with his good brushes rather than have less pleasurable shaves breaking in a brush. That doesn't apply to me, but I definitely see his point. I find the journey as enjoyable as the destination, and I get a sense of satisfaction when a brush gets better every shave.

My Proraso Pro is well broken in, but still gets marginally better every time I use it. I swear my 620, with over 500 shaves on it, is still getting better, but that might just be the placebo effect. Placebo or not, I perceive it's getting better, and that's what matters to me.
proxy.php

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Apr 12: Italian Brush, Soap and Balm

Lather: RazoRock Zi' Peppino
Razor: Enders Speed Shaver
Blade: Personna Injector [5]
Balm: Proraso Blue Crema Liquida Dopobarba

Second shave with the Enders Speed Shaver and it was just as good as the first. In a nutshell, this is a better injector. I love the efficiency of the Schick Type Es and F, but secretly wish that they had the longer, more ergonomic handle of the Hydro-Magic. The Enders has the best qualities of both. The Type Gs have the worst of both (less efficient head and shorter handle).

Yesterday, a friend was saying he'd rather shave with his good brushes rather than have less pleasurable shaves breaking in a brush. That doesn't apply to me, but I definitely see his point. I find the journey as enjoyable as the destination, and I get a sense of satisfaction when a brush gets better every shave.

My Proraso Pro is well broken in, but still gets marginally better every time I use it. I swear my 620, with over 500 shaves on it, is still getting better, but that might just be the placebo effect. Placebo or not, I perceive it's getting better, and that's what matters to me.
proxy.php

What a cool razor. New to me.

L-3.Side.VeryNice.3-18.640.JPG

Even though my favorite safety razor is my great open to clean E-2, this L-3 has the best handle I've ever used.

4-12-19.GDCV.Zenith.Kukri.640JPG.JPG

Today's brush, Italian Zenith and a great brush, should be in in everyone's kit.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom