What's new

The Black Mamba. A Beast of a Razor!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have been digging out razors I haven't used in a while. Today's specimen was the Razorock Black Mamba. This was a very short run razor released a couple of years before the production Mamba razors you see today. It literally sold out in seconds. It came in a fancy black uber-glide coating, and sports an Ikon OSS handle. It was also available with an Ikon Bamboo handle iirc. The baseplate and cap design are completely different than the production Mambas. The only thing these razors have in common is that the blade mounts to the baseplate like the production Mambas and the Game Changers. How does it shave? Super smooth and quite efficiently. I found both production Mambas to be extremely mild and ineffective. The Black Mamba shaves like a champ. I really enjoyed the shave today.

20210304_125942.jpg

20210304_125929.jpg

Cool razor. I was under the impression that the current Mambas were the same as the black Mamba but without the coating. Apparently i was wrong......

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Cool razor. I was under the impression that the current Mambas were the same as the black Mamba but without the coating. Apparently i was wrong......
Yeah, I have the first production Mamba, and the 70 I think it's called. Completely different design.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Here is a compare I did when the first production Mamba was released.

Top Bottom